The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

PFO from Debevoise, ah.
Can anyone please help me with Travers Smith interview questions ? Don't know what to expect at all
Original post by liarpoker
PFO from Debevoise, ah.

Unlucky mate
Original post by Jacky_Boy94
Can anyone please help me with Travers Smith interview questions ? Don't know what to expect at all

From what I hear, it's quite an eccentric interview, so be prepared for anything.

It's only 30 minutes, so there's a limit to how painful it can be:tongue:
Original post by liarpoker
PFO from Debevoise, ah.

It's their loss :tongue:
Original post by bibidi
I had two with them last year as I applied straight for a TC. From speaking to others who did their vac scheme, the first interview I did seems fairly similar to that of a vacation scheme interview (was with one partner).

Spoke about my background/interests/hobbies
Spoke about previous work experience
A lot of competencies
Why law as a career/why commercial law/why did you choose law as a subject to study
Why Travers Smith
Where else have you applied (important - I messed this up in final TC interview & they didn't like it)

Then a couple of questions were quite weird but enjoyable to think about. The first was about tax avoidance and whether it can ever be condoned, and would I ever sanction it if I was the CEO of a big company. Another was about super-injunctions and whether celebrities should ever be allowed to make use of them. The main debate was about public interest vs privacy.

Hope this helps.

Helps very much Thank You !!
Reply 2686
Hi guys! does have a general idea of what baker asks for its telephone interview? :confused:
Has anyone heard anything other than a rejection from Linklaters? Seems forever since I since I submitted my application and still not heard anything.
Original post by darbythetinker
Yeah about a fortnight ago now, questions were very general as I recalled, usual motivation to work for the firm kind of stuff.

Also asking fro myself and a friend, has anyone heard from Kennedys or Bond Dickinson?

have you heard back from hill dickinson yet?? still waiting and i did mine about two weeks ago as well...
Original post by rpennchambers
have you heard back from hill dickinson yet?? still waiting and i did mine about two weeks ago as well...

I think online it says everyone will be notified on March.
Original post by Sian.
Congrats! :smile:

What office did you apply for? Still not heard anything.

Manchester... good luck to you!
Reply 2691
Original post by Leenz
A long time reader, but first time poster here :smile: has anyone else heard back from Bird and Bird after the Watson glazer test?

No I'm still waiting as well! Did mine on the 4th of Feb and not a word since
Reply 2692
Hi

Has anybody heard from eversheds Manchester office post app?

Any news from Mishcon post AC?
PFO from Travers Smith post interview. Quite depressed :frown:
Has anyone heard from Farrers or Boodle Hatfield?
Baker and Mckenzie vac scheme!! Over the moon, only had my AC yesterday so I heard back very quickly.
Original post by Jemima0120
Has anyone heard from Farrers or Boodle Hatfield?

Nothing from Boodle, when did you apply? I've read in some older threads that they seem to take some time before replying
Original post by STheBlondie
Baker and Mckenzie vac scheme!! Over the moon, only had my AC yesterday so I heard back very quickly.

Congrats!!
congrats :biggrin:
Original post by STheBlondie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending