The Student Room Group

LCF Make-up and prosthetics portfolio.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Oh no! Where else have you applied? You still have other options hopefully which I'm sure will be great! And yeah I've heard that about the plastic wallets, so silly ha! I'm travelling quite far to get there so I don't want to get there for them to turn me down just because it's in a portfolio case 😶 il just have to wait and see! x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
Original post by mellllx
Oh no! Where else have you applied? You still have other options hopefully which I'm sure will be great! And yeah I've heard that about the plastic wallets, so silly ha! I'm travelling quite far to get there so I don't want to get there for them to turn me down just because it's in a portfolio case 😶 il just have to wait and see! x

Posted from TSR Mobile

London, Manchester and Yorkshire.. I have an offer from Yorkshire, still waiting on Manchester. London mentioned the alternative course :-) but I can't expect too much really as I don't have any A levels or relevant work experience! But at least I have Yorkshire as back up :-) x
Reply 42
See! That's still good!! Have you applied for special effects or the fashion one at Manchester? x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
I applied for the Special Effects one, only got a letter through over the weekend as confirmation of my application. They said two weeks so fingers crossed! x
Reply 44
Hopefully youl get an interview!! I'm thinking about going there now I've got my interview next week so il let you know how it goes and what they ask etc :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
Original post by mellllx
Hopefully youl get an interview!! I'm thinking about going there now I've got my interview next week so il let you know how it goes and what they ask etc :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, fingers crossed. Manchester has now become first choice (depending on what London has to offer) but good luck with your interview I look forward to hearing all about it ! x
Reply 46
Has anyone applied for Bolton? I've been offered an interview with them!
Original post by Erre
Has anyone applied for Bolton? I've been offered an interview with them!

Hi Erre,

Congratulations on your interview. Do you have any questions about the course?

Aimee
Reply 48
Hi, has anyone applied for Manchester/been offered an interview? I've been offered an interview but not til 15th April! They've asked me to bring a portfolio and a piece of written work. What do you think they mean by written work? Thanks
Original post by lauraaaaaox
mine was unsuccessful too but they think my application is more suited to a different course they have available! so fingers crossed!

They said the same to me... ?? Still waiting for a reply
Original post by harrfa1
Hi, has anyone applied for Manchester/been offered an interview? I've been offered an interview but not til 15th April! They've asked me to bring a portfolio and a piece of written work. What do you think they mean by written work? Thanks

My interview at Manchester is next week I think you can choose between a written work and a portfolio... So I'm bringing a portfolio
Reply 51
Original post by harrfa1

I think it's just piece of recent written work, normally from a previous assignment

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
Has anyone got an interview for Manchester on the 19th of February?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mellllx

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have I'm so nervous! Do you know if we can use an ipad as a portfolio?
Reply 54
Original post by mellllx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine isn't until April which is worrying me a bit as it seems so late! Is this for The Manchester College or a different uni?
Original post by harrfa1
Mine isn't until April which is worrying me a bit as it seems so late! Is this for The Manchester College or a different uni?

Have you completed your level 3 diploma or a levels??
I've completed mine last year and that's why I think my interview is so soon
and it's at the Manchester college
Don't worry about it :smile:
Reply 56
Original post by DavineNicola94
Have you completed your level 3 diploma or a levels??
I've completed mine last year and that's why I think my interview is so soon
and it's at the Manchester college
Don't worry about it :smile:

I have a level 3 diploma in Business Admin but no relevant experience regarding makeup. I didn't expect to get into anywhere but I have an offer with Yorkshire, Manchester would be my first choice though! Just hope all the spaces aren't taken up by the time it comes to my interview. Have they asked for a written piece as well as a portfolio? :-) good luck with your interview!
Reply 57
I have heard that you can use a portfolio in an iPad but it might be worth looking at the portfolio guidelines, I wouldn't worry about your interview being in April though because the have until May the 7th I think it is to get back to everyone with an offer :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
Yeah fingers crossed. :-) good luck with your interviews and please send some tips my way once you're finished! :-) x
Reply 59
How did your Manchester interviews go?

Quick Reply

Latest