The Student Room Group
Liverpool Hope University
Liverpool
Visit website

1:2:1 academic meeting

Hi, I've applied to do Youth and Child studies at Liverpool St.hope, and I have been offered an unconditional offer. However, I must put them as my firm and attended a 1:2:1 academic meeting. I was wondering if anyone had any information on what to expect ? Thank you :smile:
Original post by Melon97
Hi, I've applied to do Youth and Child studies at Liverpool St.hope, and I have been offered an unconditional offer. However, I must put them as my firm and attended a 1:2:1 academic meeting. I was wondering if anyone had any information on what to expect ? Thank you :smile:

Hi Melon97,

That's great news, congratulations! As the first set of 1-2-1 discussions haven't taken place yet, I may be able to help you out with this information.

It's nothing to be nervous about, this is just an informal chat with a tutor from your chosen subject. They would just like to find out a little more information about you. So far they have your personal statement from your UCAS application and so they may ask you questions about things you have mentioned in this. This is also an opportunity for you to ask any questions you have about the course.

I hope this helps and if you have any more questions then please just ask.

Charlotte :smile:
Liverpool
Visit website
I am the same, I got offered an unconditional offer based on putting as my firm and going to this session. Can they refuse to change it to unconditional if the session goes bad on my part? Is it like an interview? Do we get the unconditional based on how this session goes?
Hi melissamoran,

It's great to hear that you are eligible for the Unconditional offer scheme. The 1-2-1 academic discussion session is not an interview and so please do not worry about this. We would just like you to engage in a discussion with your tutor. As we already know your academic abilities then we will not refuse to change to unconditional as long as you make the session. This is an opportunity for you to ask any questions about the course and your tutors, as well as the tutor asking you questions about your interests.

I hope this has helped answer your query and eased your worry. If you have any further questions then please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you so much, this has helped me alot!!
Reply 5
Original post by Liverpool Hope University
Hi Melon97,

That's great news, congratulations! As the first set of 1-2-1 discussions haven't taken place yet, I may be able to help you out with this information.

It's nothing to be nervous about, this is just an informal chat with a tutor from your chosen subject. They would just like to find out a little more information about you. So far they have your personal statement from your UCAS application and so they may ask you questions about things you have mentioned in this. This is also an opportunity for you to ask any questions you have about the course.

I hope this helps and if you have any more questions then please just ask.

Thank you, this really helped :smile: x
Original post by Melon97
Thank you, this really helped :smile: x

Actually put my mind at ease abit more!

Posted from TSR Mobile
this thread has helped me so much but i have one question: i have two unconditionals, do i go to one meeting or two? ones for creative and performing arts whilst the other is for drama and theatre studies and music
Original post by GeorgiaRae96
this thread has helped me so much but i have one question: i have two unconditionals, do i go to one meeting or two? ones for creative and performing arts whilst the other is for drama and theatre studies and music

Hi GeorgiaRae96,

I am sorry for the delay in response. First of all, well done on your offers, that is really great news!

With regards to having two Unconditional offers, it is not vital that you see tutors for both courses. If you prefer to just see one tutor then I would probably recommend meeting with a Drama tutor. Most of our Drama tutors teach on the Creative & Performing Arts course anyway. When we see that students attending our Applicant days have applied for more than one course with us then we do contact them to ask which subject they would prefer to see on the day.

This will not effect your application for the 2nd course you have applied for and your Unconditional offer will still stand.

I hope this all makes sense and helps with your decision. If you do have any further questions just let me know!

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest