The Student Room Group

Stupid rules that are set by society

Scroll to see replies

If you put your hood up, you have to mug and beat someone!
Reply 202
If you're not smart and/or attractive, you don't really matter so much.
You have to play hard to get if you really want to be laid
You must stay in education till 18, and then must go to uni. What if I wanna do something different?
Reply 205
Original post by cake_lover
you can't try auto-fellatio in a public.

jokes aside. I hate how you're expected to be surrounded by people all the time and being an introvert makes you weird, a loner etc.

If you haven't already, read a book called Quiet by Susan Cain.

You should settle down with marriage, kids and a mortgage as soon as possible
Original post by Andy98
You must stay in education till 18, and then must go to uni. What if I wanna do something different?

Then you shouldn't exist in the society :wink:
Original post by SweatHeart
Then you shouldn't exist in the society :wink:

*cracks neck* challenge accepted
Original post by Andy98
*cracks neck* challenge accepted

That's m'boy, show them!

F*** society and their stupid rules
That's m'boy, show them!

F*** society and their stupid rules

Ahhh, well that's rape. Most people frown upon rape...
Kids with richer parents deserve a better education than everyone else.

Don't go to the pub on your own.

Everyone wants to have sex.

Everyone wants to lose their virginity.

Everyone wants to buy a car.

Everyone wants to buy their own house.
Original post by Andy98
Ahhh, well that's rape. Most people frown upon rape...

& rightly so. But I have no idea why the term killing is used more openly than raping, like someone suggested above.

Smh
That be being alone means you're lonely. I love my own space, a lot of the time. Both an extrovert and introvert.

That every twenty something needs to be starting to settle down. I don't want marriage/ kids etc until the time is right and I've done everything I want to do for myself first.

That every young person is out getting drunk every weekend. While I used to love going out a lot, I now much prefer spending my money on other things like concerts, fun days out etc. I feel much healthier just to have a night out once every month maybe.

That women shouldn't lift weights and get stronger, they should stick to cardio; so they don't get bulky. I enjoy lifting weights as well as cardio at the gym, I love the feeling of getting fitter and stronger, not just losing weight.

That everybody should own their own car, and shouldn't waste money on renting property; they should get on the property ladder young. Each to their own, by why add extra stress of a mortgage so young? I also cannot afford a car due to going back into full time education. Rent bills etc are enough on their own. I also cannot afford to be on the roads, but I'm happy to walk and cycle as it's extra exercise.

That you should treat people mean to keep them keen. Just another game playing dating rule of society, that is just a waste of peoples time. If you like someone, let them know; if you don't; let them know so they can move on. There are no point scoring in life, you'll always lose out this way. Time waits for no-one.

That the man should be the main provider and the woman the homemaker. We should do whatever makes both parties happy, who cares what others think. The man does not have to be making the most money anymore, similarly; the woman doesn't have to be always cleaning/cooking.

That you should always have savings. Call me a bit reckless with money, but isn't life meant to be enjoyed. If you want to go out and do something you enjoy that costs money, then so be it. Don't stress about future money problems too much. Yes it's good to save, but not at the expense of your current happiness.

That men just want sex and women want to get serious. Again people should do whatever makes them happy, as long as they are honest and safe about it and are not hurting others intentionally.

Sorry about the essay guys! It's such a good topic to discuss :smile: haha
That its seen as selfish by some to not want or have kids.

Posted from TSR Mobile
& rightly so. But I have no idea why the term killing is used more openly than raping, like someone suggested above.

Smh

Hahaha yeah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Men that think that woman can't make a life for themselves.

The thought that if you don't drink you are odd.
Reply 217
The idea that disagreeing with unsubstantiated feminist dogma somehow means you hate women.
Original post by Mequa
The idea that disagreeing with unsubstantiated feminist dogma somehow means you hate women.

Absolutely.

& similarly, the idea that having feminist beliefs somehow means that you hate men.

It's all unrationally divided in to two extremities.
I can't skip down the street without being judged.

Quick Reply

Latest