Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website

Roehampton university applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by Tracy_Baby
I'm still here at roehampton uni, it's been great so far!! I even met Jacqueline Wilson and got a picture with her! Hehe :P but overall I'm seriously considering firming roehampton.. The subject talk was really helpful as well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whaaaaaaat?! :eek: lucky! I wish I went now :'( that's good then :smile: let us know once you've officially made your decision!
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website
Reply 161
Original post by Tracy_Baby
She told me she's a chancellor for the uni so if I do attend here I'll be seeing her around :smile: she's so sweet

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's cool! It'd be nice to meet her in person! Who knows, hopefully if I get into Roehampton then maybe I can meet her haha! :colondollar:
Original post by Monica-xx
Aw thanks :smile: yeah that would be best ^_^ I decided not to go the open day either considering I've already been. I'm just going to go to my applicant day on the 25th Feb. Is this one of the dates that your applicant day is? X

Coolio :smile: Yeah it is! I am going with a friend from sixth form and my psychology one is on the 18th :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I went to the open day yesterday and sadly, Roehampton isn't for me. :frown: now I have to seriously rethink my options. Quite upset about it because I was really hoping to have Roehampton as my insurance choice. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 164
Original post by Amy_B2014
I went to the open day yesterday and sadly, Roehampton isn't for me. :frown: now I have to seriously rethink my options. Quite upset about it because I was really hoping to have Roehampton as my insurance choice. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why didn't you like roehampton?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I loved the main campus, it was set on beautiful grounds and got a good feel for it. But then I went over to Whitelands campus where I will be as ill be studying psychology. I really didn't like the location, its nothing at all like the main campus, I didn't have much going on there. The area seemed quite run down and was right in the middle of a high rise council estate. I didn't get the same good feeling that I did at Frobel and I didn't feel all that safe walking alone to and from the station which is about half an hour walk away. Especially when it starts getting dark.
I think you just know if something is right for you, and sadly it wasn't for me.
This is just my own personal opinion.
Reply 167
I loved the main campus, it was set on beautiful grounds and got a good feel for it. But then I went over to Whitelands campus where I will be as ill be studying psychology. I really didn't like the location, its nothing at all like the main campus, I didn't have much going on there. The area seemed quite run down and was right in the middle of a high rise council estate. I didn't get the same good feeling that I did at Frobel and I didn't feel all that safe walking alone to and from the station which is about half an hour walk away. Especially when it starts getting dark.
I think you just know if something is right for you, and sadly it wasn't for me.

Fair enough. I'll be doing business management which is in the new building if I remember correctly. At least you went to the open day and realised it wasn't for you before you chose it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, I'm glad I did. I think if I was spending most of my time in the main campus id be happier. But id be spending all my time over at whitelands. Its a big decision and it needs to be right, you have to be happy and excited to go there. :smile:
Where else have you applied?
Reply 169
Yeah, I'm glad I did. I think if I was spending most of my time in the main campus id be happier. But id be spending all my time over at whitelands. Its a big decision and it needs to be right, you have to be happy and excited to go there. :smile:
Where else have you applied?

Westminster, birkbeck, Greenwich and St Mary's you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 170

I'm in my third year at Roehampton, as a biomedical science student I also study on Whitelands. It's really not as bad as it seems, the grounds aren't much different to that of main campus, the 'high rise council estate' isnt so high rise, and a large number of those properties are actually occupied by students at Roehampton. There is a little parade of shops, something that main campus doesnt have. In terms of getting to the train station, there are always people around, the university have security 24/7 too. You do not need to walk to Barnes station, the 72 or 265 bus stop right outside it.
I think Roehamptons research reputation and the constant increase in funding should push you to reconsider.
Reply 171
Original post by georgem93
I'm in my third year at Roehampton, as a biomedical science student I also study on Whitelands. It's really not as bad as it seems, the grounds aren't much different to that of main campus, the 'high rise council estate' isnt so high rise, and a large number of those properties are actually occupied by students at Roehampton. There is a little parade of shops, something that main campus doesnt have. In terms of getting to the train station, there are always people around, the university have security 24/7 too. You do not need to walk to Barnes station, the 72 or 265 bus stop right outside it.
I think Roehamptons research reputation and the constant increase in funding should push you to reconsider.

Do you know if anyone studies business management because I can't find any threads about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 172
Original post by r-t
Do you know if anyone studies business management because I can't find any threads about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah there's a separate building on main campus for business, I don't know anyone who studies it though,us scientists are segregated.
Reply 173
Yeh I've been there it's the duchenese building I think that looks abit more modern but I just wanted to ask someone about the course but hopefully I'll find out more on the offer day. Thanks anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by georgem93

Thanks for the input but I really didn't like it at all. Compared to other universities I have visited and had offers from I much prefer those to Roehampton.
I didn't mean to offend students currently at or applying, as I said its my personal opinion. I live outside London in Surrey and compared to the quiet towns and villages here it did seem quite a run down area and one that I don't feel I would be happy in. I wasn't blown away by the subject talk, or the welcome talk either, it all seemed a little lacking in passion and a bit fumbled together at last minute.
As I said, its my personal opinion which everyone is entitled to.
Also, I'm a mature student so won't be living there, I'll have to commute in everyday and the journey is longer than I had expected. I have offers from Royal Holloway which is a 5 minute drive from my house and in my opinion a nicer, better university.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 175
Original post by FindingHappiness
Coolio :smile: Yeah it is! I am going with a friend from sixth form and my psychology one is on the 18th :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool :smile:
Reply 176

Everyone's entitled to their own thoughts and opinions. Oh well, at the end of the day, if you feel Roehampton isn't for you then it isn't. At least you got to check it out at the open day, only that way you will surely know if the uni is for you or not.
Reply 177
Hey, has anyone received an email about their applicant/offer holder day, regarding arrival information on the day?
Reply 178
Original post by Monica-xx
Hey, has anyone received an email about their applicant/offer holder day, regarding arrival information on the day?

Yeh they sent me a timetable about when to come n when it ends an what the day entails etc. I received it last Friday and my offer holder day is this Wednesday for business management.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 179
Original post by r-t
Yeh they sent me a timetable about when to come n when it ends an what the day entails etc. I received it last Friday and my offer holder day is this Wednesday for business management.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh okay thanks! I just wanted a rough idea of when we should get this information. Hopefully I should get mine by the end of this week then as my applicant day is next Wednesday :smile:

Quick Reply