Scroll to see replies

Original post by sunny_rain123
Guys help me !!!
I have an interview on Saturday and I am really scared
I don't know how to prepare for it and I panic in timed conditions
Really worried
Btw I chose maths as my interview subject

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well firstly, just calm down, don't panic! Or you'd be even more nervous on the day. To be offered an interview in the first place, you must have did something right, so don't let nerves get in the way from hiding your potential. As for the maths interview itself, having observed what others have said, just choose a topic you 'like' in maths and would like to be questioned on, then you can prepare by brushing up on your knowledge about it.
Has anyone chosen English as their interview subject or am I the only soul here to have done so? xD
Original post by themonalisa
Has anyone chosen English as their interview subject or am I the only soul here to have done so? xD

was contemplating whether to pick English or geography for my interview subject, ended up not picking English as they'll probably have a wider variety of things to discuss, good luck for it though haha
Original post by samispector
was contemplating whether to pick English or geography for my interview subject, ended up not picking English as they'll probably have a wider variety of things to discuss, good luck for it though haha

Aha thanks!
Original post by QueenGeek
Well firstly, just calm down, don't panic! Or you'd be even more nervous on the day. To be offered an interview in the first place, you must have did something right, so don't let nerves get in the way from hiding your potential. As for the maths interview itself, having observed what others have said, just choose a topic you 'like' in maths and would like to be questioned on, then you can prepare by brushing up on your knowledge about it.

Thanks for the support
But looked over differentiation and it a topic o need more time on
Is it too basic if I chose quadratic equations or transformation of graph?? Not quite sure

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it just you talking for 10 minutes or do you have proper conversation with the teacher (them constantly asking questions and so on)? Should I prepare a speech (about your chosen topic) for the interview or something?
Guys there is no need to panic , my GCSES aren't as good as most of you but I still got a place and study at Harris now. I interviewed for philosophy, it was just like a normal conversation you'd have with your friends. I talked about why I think Plato's republic is fake
Original post by sunny_rain123
Thanks for the support
But looked over differentiation and it a topic o need more time on
Is it too basic if I chose quadratic equations or transformation of graph?? Not quite sure

Posted from TSR Mobile

Go with what you feel most confident in, so even if it's basic at least you'd know it inside out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lifeiscool
Guys there is no need to panic , my GCSES aren't as good as most of you but I still got a place and study at Harris now. I interviewed for philosophy, it was just like a normal conversation you'd have with your friends. I talked about why I think Plato's republic is fake

Haha. Mine, which i had yesterday, was literally like an
interrogation.
For every point i made he had a counterpoint. it was tough. You couldn't escape the questions, because each of your answers would lead to another question. There were a lot of "why"s and "how"s and "if so..."
Original post by Braidednightmare
Haha. Mine, which i had yesterday, was literally like an
interrogation.
For every point i made he had a counterpoint. it was tough. You couldn't escape the questions, because each of your answers would lead to another question. There were a lot of "why"s and "how"s and "if so..."

Do you think you did good? What teacher interviewed you?
Original post by Foodatastic
Do you think you did good? What teacher interviewed you?

The head interviewed me. It was very difficult to say, i don't feel i did amazingly well, and it wasn't a complete disaster.
The head interviewed me. It was very difficult to say, i don't feel i did amazingly well, and it wasn't a complete disaster.

Did he seem happy with you? In mine, he barely made any facial expressions, nor did he even do any sign of comfort or hostility. It was very hard to say... was that the same situation with you?
Did he seem happy with you? In mine, he barely made any facial expressions, nor did he even do any sign of comfort or hostility. It was very hard to say... was that the same situation with you?

Exactly. His face was unreadable unfortunately.
Exactly. His face was unreadable unfortunately.

Oh thank god (I'm not being sadistic here), this means that I might've not done so bad after all if he is acting like that to everybody. I thought he was disappointed with me!
Original post by lifeiscool

Do you mind sharing what you received and your experience through the entrance process?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh thank god (I'm not being sadistic here), this means that I might've not done so bad after all if he is acting like that to everybody. I thought he was disappointed with me!

Haha or we could both be terrible. only joking.
Haha or we could both be terrible. only joking.

Lol, low chance of that, you seem like a very intelligent person.
Lol, low chance of that, you seem like a very intelligent person.

Thank you.

When you said you talked about differentiation I had to google it, obviously I'm not that intelligent, I had no idea what you were talking about.

When people talk about differentiation, I think they're talking about biology.
Thank you.

When you said you talked about differentiation I had to google it, obviously I'm not that intelligent, I had no idea what you were talking about.

When people talk about differentiation, I think they're talking about biology.

The biology term I think refers to specialization of cells. Mathematical differentiation is not set in normal Edexcel Maths, its in AQA Further Maths, unless if you do Further Maths, you aren't meant to know that.
The biology term I think refers to specialization of cells. Mathematical differentiation is not set in normal Edexcel Maths, its in AQA Further Maths, unless if you do Further Maths, you aren't meant to know that.

Fair enough. My school doesn't offer Further Maths iGCSE.

Now i know why.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending