The Student Room Group

DofE Help

Hi I am just starting my bronze DofE and I have no idea what to do for my skills section. I have read the website and the things they suggest but I am not sure where I can got to do most of them. Please help :smile:
Helping others with there subjects maybe? There are some practical ones! Ask your DOFE guide at your school about what is acceptable!

Take care, and i hope you enjoy your outings. I started from silver and not bronze :biggrin:!!
Original post by FireFreak
Helping others with there subjects maybe? There are some practical ones! Ask your DOFE guide at your school about what is acceptable!

Take care, and i hope you enjoy your outings. I started from silver and not bronze :biggrin:!!

Thank you very much, I think I will have another look on the website and discuss it with my DofE leader, thanks for the advice :smile:
For my bronze dofe I did 'Sports leadership' which was one of the drop down arrows on the website. But in reality all I did was 'help out' at my dance school once a week which I got paid for anyway. But I just didn't mention that on the form haha 😂 Honestly, its a bit annoying really because you aren't allowed a member of your family to fill in your form thing. Is there a sports club you can help out at in your school with year 7s for a few months, or a creative writing club or language club. Joining something in school for a few weeks isn't too much effort. Or you can do what I did and twist the meaning of something you already do :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
For skill I'm doing photography, which I did anyway on my phone! I've just got a new camera to take photos with, but that's not necessary.
The physical section has been a pain because I hate sport, but I'm doing badminton on a Wednesday lunch time at school.
For volunteering, I help out at a local charity shop for two hours every fortnight. It took ages to organise, but it's worth it because you can do the same thing for volunteering for each level of the award.
Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by georgiahawkinss
Hi I am just starting my bronze DofE and I have no idea what to do for my skills section. I have read the website and the things they suggest but I am not sure where I can got to do most of them. Please help :smile:

You should try out art, maybe drawing? I'm doing my skills section (art) for six months and I'm really enjoying it. It's also fun as well as useful for your skills!

Quick Reply

Latest