The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2720
Original post by fabulanoctis
Had my interview yesterday - do you know how many people they interview / how many spots they have left? :s-smilie:

Absolutely no idea sorry!
Anyone heard anything from O'Melveny & Myers?
Reply 2722
what's up with withers.....
Hey guys, I have a video interview with Mishcon de Reya. Does anyone have any insight into what to expect? Is is mostly competency questions or do they throw in some commercial awareness stuff?
Original post by SBafa
what's up with withers.....

I haven't heard anything yet...
Original post by Procrastination1
PFO from Travers Smith post interview. Quite depressed :frown:

Sorry to hear that pal, how long did it take for them to get back to you?
I also got a video interview invite from Mishcon today, I was almost certain it was a PFO given that most people have already had their assessment centres, but goes to show you should never give up hope! (Although I'm aware it means I was near the bottom of the pile.)
Does anyone know if a law firm will ring you (post AC) and it's a rejection? Or is it normally good news? Just got a voicemail from Baker & McKenzie..
Reply 2728
Dentons first round interview invite. Anyone got any tips?
So as it stands still waiting on BH, HD (even after emailing for update), IM (after video interview), Bristows, Olswang, Taylor Walters and Kennedys (after telephone interview). Been a very silent week this week.... Has anyone heard from any recently?
Original post by TrainingChopeful
So as it stands still waiting on BH, HD (even after emailing for update), IM (after video interview), Bristows, Olswang, Taylor Walters and Kennedys (after telephone interview). Been a very silent week this week.... Has anyone heard from any recently?

Still waiting on IM post-interview too. It seems the last interview (or last ones I heard about) were to be submitted by the 9th and after the interview it said we would hear by the 20th so should be any day now! Sorry I know that's not entirely helpful..the waiting game is horrible!
Original post by LawStudent30
Still waiting on IM post-interview too. It seems the last interview (or last ones I heard about) were to be submitted by the 9th and after the interview it said we would hear by the 20th so should be any day now! Sorry I know that's not entirely helpful..the waiting game is horrible!

^^ i'm still waiting too. Hopefully we'll find out soon
Original post by LawStudent30

Oh yeah I remember seeing that in the email. It's weird that they say they offer places on ACs on a rolling basis but no one has heard :confused:
Original post by TrainingChopeful
Oh yeah I remember seeing that in the email. It's weird that they say they offer places on ACs on a rolling basis but no one has heard :confused:

Yes! It said to do it ASAP to increase the chances of being successful? Maybe they decided just to wait until all of them were in.
Original post by helphelphelphelp
Does anyone know if a law firm will ring you (post AC) and it's a rejection? Or is it normally good news? Just got a voicemail from Baker & McKenzie..

It should be good news. No point in phoning to reject given the amount of people they invite to AC.
Original post by liarpoker
Sorry to hear that pal, how long did it take for them to get back to you?

They got back to me quite quick, had the interview on 10th and found out today. Onwards and upwards I guess
Original post by TheHairyArmenian
Congratulations! Do you have any tips for the telephone interview and AC?

This wil sound really generic but be yourself. The AC groups are small so you can really shine as an individual. They do separate law and non law case studies so be prepared for law content If you're a law student.

Everyone is really friendly so just relax and be yourself 😄
Original post by KatieTheFish
Hey guys, I have a video interview with Mishcon de Reya. Does anyone have any insight into what to expect? Is is mostly competency questions or do they throw in some commercial awareness stuff?

They draw the questions from a bank so its hard to predict what you might get. It's five or six questions in total - the question flashes on the screen for 30 seconds then you get a minute and a half to two minutes to answer.

I got a couple of standard (why mishcon etc), one commercial one (tell me about a recent commercial news item you found interesting), and then a couple of competency. I also got asked how I spent summer 2014 which I was surprised by!

My advice would be keep an eye on the timer - I got caught out on one. Prepare properly - maybe have some notes nearby if you get stuck. I think I fluffed it - still waiting to hear back a week and a half later.

Good luck!
(edited 9 years ago)
Anybody still waiting on HSF and/or Taylor Wessing? It's been quite a while considering that I submitted on the first few days of January...
Anyone heard from White & Case?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending