The Student Room Group

Exeter medical school applicants 2015!

Scroll to see replies

The Feburary interviews seem to be for those who are reserves. I had 635 on my UKCAT and have a "reserve" interview. Anyone else in this position?
Original post by Sugarpuffx
The Feburary interviews seem to be for those who are reserves. I had 635 on my UKCAT and have a "reserve" interview. Anyone else in this position?

There's one other person in this thread like you. However, you have a decent chance now, it's between the Feb interviewees and the near-miss December interviewees for the final offers.

Congrats on your interview and good luck, when is it ?
Original post by Dr. Django
There's one other person in this thread like you. However, you have a decent chance now, it's between the Feb interviewees and the near-miss December interviewees for the final offers.

Congrats on your interview and good luck, when is it ?

Ah right, that makes sense. Thanks! And mines actually tomorrow. I've heard about 60 people are competing for these remaining places?
Ah right, that makes sense. Thanks! And mines actually tomorrow. I've heard about 60 people are competing for these remaining places?

That's what I was thinking, I thought it'd just be a few days (ie today and tomorrow).

Yeah, basically there are up to 60 of you Feb interviewees, and then I imagine you are competing with each other, and ( I imagine up to 60) of the December interviewees who are still waiting for a decision (ie myself :tongue:)!

Some of this is guesstimation as the people in my position haven't heard anything since our interviews so don't actually know whether we are near misses or offer holders or rejects etc but all signs seem to point to us being near misses!

As I said to the other person with a Feb interview, good luck...just don't beat me :wink: (I really REALLY want an offer :tongue:)!
(edited 9 years ago)
That's what I was thinking, I thought it'd just be a few days (ie today and tomorrow).

Yeah, basically there are up to 60 of you Feb interviewees, and then I imagine you are competing with each other, and ( I imagine up to 60) of the December interviewees who are still waiting for a decision (ie myself :tongue:)!

Some of this is guesstimation as the people in my position haven't heard anything since our interviews so don't actually know whether we are near misses or offer holders or rejects etc but all signs seem to point to us being near misses!

As I said to the other person with a Feb interview, good luck...just don't beat me :wink: (I really REALLY want an offer :tongue:)!

Ah thanks for cleaing this up for me! That's very helpful :smile: congrats on your interview too and good luck!

And also I plan to beat you :wink: (nothing personal, tis the way of the interview :wink: )

Have you had any other interviews/ offers?
Ah thanks for cleaing this up for me! That's very helpful :smile: congrats on your interview too and good luck!

And also I plan to beat you :wink: (nothing personal, tis the way of the interview :wink: )

Have you had any other interviews/ offers?

I've already had my interview (in December) but I'm yet to hear back!

I've got an offer from Manchester (A* in my resit -_-) and a Liverpool interview. Really need an offer from Exeter/Liverpool as I probably won't get an A* in chem. You?

I've got an offer from Manchester (A* in my resit -_-) and a Liverpool interview. Really need an offer from Exeter/Liverpool as I probably won't get an A* in chem. You?

Manchester offered you a*aa?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I meant good luck to get an offer :wink:
Aw that's great you got an offer from Manchester, but sorry about the A* :/
And I've also had a Liverpool interview and since its my first choice I also really want an offer! :P
I've also had interviews from Bristol and Cardiff but haven't heard back yet :smile:
Reply 1728
Original post by Jaska
Manchester offered you a*aa?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A* in his resit, he currently has A*AB from what I recall (with the B in chem) so he has to now improve that B to A* for his Manchester offer
Original post by Hudl
A* in his resit, he currently has A*AB from what I recall (with the B in chem) so he has to now improve that B to A* for his Manchester offer

Spot on! It's fair enough really as I knew it'd be that before I applied, I'd just really like a safer option if possible :smile:

Yeah I meant good luck to get an offer :wink:
Aw that's great you got an offer from Manchester, but sorry about the A* :/
And I've also had a Liverpool interview and since its my first choice I also really want an offer! :P
I've also had interviews from Bristol and Cardiff but haven't heard back yet :smile:

It's cause I'm a resitter so fair enough really!! I really liked Liverpool too so if I get an offer from either liv or Exeter id be thrilled :smile: good luck to you as well
Just received an offer today at 5 o'clock, honestly thought it would be a rejection, the few of you that are still in the unknown there's definitely some hope
Original post by Anisah_316
Just received an offer today at 5 o'clock, honestly thought it would be a rejection, the few of you that are still in the unknown there's definitely some hope

Congrats that's awesome :smile: you were a December interviewee I take it?
Original post by Anisah_316

Fantastic news, well done!

Fingers crossed for the rest of you still waiting...:smile:
thanks! and yes thats right, mid december was my interview!
Those of you with February interviews, did they give any indication of when you'd hear back?
Those of you with February interviews, did they give any indication of when you'd hear back?

Actually they didn't, I presumed it's the internal UCAS deadline of March?
Actually they didn't, I presumed it's the internal UCAS deadline of March?

I'm hoping it's by the end of February, thanks for the reply tho!

They said early march to our batch of kids
Original post by waterrdrinkerr
They said early march to our batch of kids

Thanks, a while yet then :/
Thanks, a while yet then :/

They'll aim for early march but interviews are the whole of feb not just the first half or anything. So yh, Early march at the very earliest if not longer

Quick Reply

Latest