The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Asad85
Thought they were doing each area at a time as i am based in London any London interviews yet?
I'm in London and I got an interview so I don't know if location is the criteria for the dates :smile:
got an interview too guys :smile:
Original post by games211
Are you getting reimbursed?

It is costly for me to get there but I'm not sure yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did all the interviews go out today?
Original post by Bueno786
It is costly for me to get there but I'm not sure yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done btw. How do you feel?
I live in Luton, Bedfordshire
Original post by AliRizzo
Hi, thank you for the reassurance. I do have a few questions I hope you wouldn't mind answering?

Firstly would I need to provide a reference of all the places I have completed work experience at? It's just that I'm not too fond of the manager at the nursing home I worked at.

Also, regarding the group task, I know you can't reveal too much without giving stuff away, and I know in one of your previous posts you said it's not about being the loudest, but would I not be helping myself if I were to try and assert some authority? It's just how I am naturally. And would the discussion be on anything specifically related to medicine or is it random? Thank you for your time :smile:

Not at all.

I can't tell you what the group task is about :no:. It is simply a group test of your non-academic entry requirements. I am not keen on the word "authority" in a group based activity. How can you have already decided you're going to want to be an authority on an as of yet unknown task!!

Original post by Asad85
Thought they were doing each area at a time as i am based in London any London interviews yet?

No. There is no method to sending out offers like that.

Original post by Female Gunner
Did all the interviews go out today?

We're not sure. I wouldn't have thought so :nah:.
I am from Glasgow and have an interview! Flights are very expensive right now and they were less than half of their current price last week! I will probably be staying overnight but I am not sure yet. Does anyone know of any local hotels that might be suitable, preferably cheap also! Very very expensive :frown:
Original post by Joanne9495
I am from Glasgow and have an interview! Flights are very expensive right now and they were less than half of their current price last week! I will probably be staying overnight but I am not sure yet. Does anyone know of any local hotels that might be suitable, preferably cheap also! Very very expensive :frown:

I'm in the same situation as you and I'll probably stay overnight since my interview is at 9, there is a Travelodge not too faraway from the university and it's around £60 per person.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good evening to you all, I got an interview for 27th feb and would like to know if anyone from previous years can hint at what the interview and group task is going to be like. I understand it's going to be non-academic, therefore I understand one will be asked to acknowledge roles of doctors and they may want to know a bit more about you etc... But I am extremely worried as this is my only interview for university as I have taken a gap year and need this place.
Many thanks in advance
P.s I'm not asking for everything as I don't want to have an unfair advantage, just a general idea please
Original post by AliRizzo
Thank you for your reply and advice :smile: Do I need to bring in any references on the day?

I think you need ID and thats all. The invitation letter should tell you all you need to bring.

Original post by Mohammed siddiq
Good evening to you all, I got an interview for 27th feb and would like to know if anyone from previous years can hint at what the interview and group task is going to be like. I understand it's going to be non-academic, therefore I understand one will be asked to acknowledge roles of doctors and they may want to know a bit more about you etc... But I am extremely worried as this is my only interview for university as I have taken a gap year and need this place.
Many thanks in advance
P.s I'm not asking for everything as I don't want to have an unfair advantage, just a general idea please

It is against the University policy and TSR rules to share information on what this task is :sadnod:.

Your one to one interview is getting to know you, the group task is exactly that. A task, as a group. They give you time to prepare on the day and it is nothing to be worried about at all.
How did everyone hear about their interview? Was this through the post or email?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BlairCWaldorf
How did everyone hear about their interview? Was this through the post or email?

Posted from TSR Mobile

An email, track hasn't changed.
Just to inform everyone who are nervous about calling admin asking about interviews:

- There are still interviews being handed out as i was told.
- The dates of which no more interviews being handed out will be ''probably Monday'', as the admission tutor said.
Just to inform you guys. I called admissions and they said all interview invites for both days are sent out! So there going to be sending rejections from now till end of march. There goes my chance! :frown: but congrats to all those with interviews.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 575
Were all of the interviews given out yesterday?
Dunno, some say it is, others say it isn't. I feel like there's still some slots left for the March interview. Most people seem to have the Feb one, so there might still be some left.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blahtoblah
Dunno, some say it is, others say it isn't. I feel like there's still some slots left for the March interview. Most people seem to have the Feb one, so there might still be some left.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The question is have 90 interview been given out?
Reply 578
Original post by FireFreak
Just to inform everyone who are nervous about calling admin asking about interviews:

- There are still interviews being handed out as i was told.
- The dates of which no more interviews being handed out will be ''probably Monday'', as the admission tutor said.

did you call the admission office to ask this because mangomango (the post just after your one) said that the admission office said that all interviews were sent out...
Original post by Asad85
Just come down. Friday left anyway but also if they did not rejected you there is no reason to lose hope as they would have rejected you if they didn't like and so they are finding it difficult to reject you so there is still hope.

Nobody can get rejectected at this moment in time. All rejections are sent in March after the interviews.

Latest

Trending

Trending