The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

So the final say i guess Is going to be from neostigmine? Tbh I think they all have probably been given out some needs to check for sure
Reply 581
Original post by games211
Nobody can get rejectected at this moment in time. All rejections are sent in March after the interviews.

So no one is been rejected so why is everyone going wild about interviews all finished as i only heard less than 20 interviews have been given out according to those mention on the thread
Original post by Asad85
So no one is been rejected so why is everyone going wild about interviews all finished as i only heard less than 20 interviews have been given out according to those mention on the thread

I understand but some people don't go on tsr. It is a normal reaction m8.
Look I think that if we don't hear anything by tomorrow then that's it we can assume the worst as many interviews have been given out and all on different dates, oh well you win some you loose some. Just focus on getting good A levels so we can re apply. I think neostigmine will let us know
Reply 584
Not to crush anyone's hopes but 90 interviews isn't alot to hand out tbh, a fair few of us om TSR have been invited, but like the earlier post mentions alot of people arent on TSR so its not the best way to judge whether or not more will be handed out, however, I may be totally wrong!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 585
I understand but some people don't go on tsr. It is a normal reaction m8.

But don't you think it is a bit weird system as all the interview have to take place then rejection will happen. As it very painful to actually just wait for rejection until march. IT REALLY HURTS
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Asad85
But don't you think it is a bit weird system as all the interview have to take place then rejection will happen. As it very painful to actually just wait for rejection until march. IT REALLY HURTS

I think they do that just in case some people reject the interview/ dont' turn up.
Yh I feel the same. I love southampton :frown:
Does anyone know how many places there are on the general BM5 programme?
Reply 588
For those who received invitations, what are your predicted grades?
Original post by Cipcip
For those who received invitations, what are your predicted grades ?

Its ALL about PS! Nothing else, trust me.
Reply 590
Its ALL about PS! Nothing else, trust me.

Uff it's a bit sad, seeing that even though the grades are far over the minimum entry requirement but I received rejections :frown:
Original post by Cipcip
Uff it's a bit sad, seeing that even though the grades are far over the minimum entry requirement but I received rejections :frown:

Surely you knew about this before you applied.
Original post by Cipcip

I am a gap year student and Scottish, so my grades are achieved but probably wont make much sense to you. They were all way over the entry grades and my UKCAT was just above average but they have NOTHING to do with the interview. I had a lot of experience and activities in my PS. The year out def helped. I volunteered in Ghana for 3 months, Malawi for 2 weeks, have a lot of hobbies and diverse work experience (which is essential to show you understand the diversity within medicine - teaching/care/research etc)!
If you don't get an interview/place take a year out and reapply. I am so happy that I did! :smile:
Original post by Cipcip

AAA in chemistry, biology and maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 594
Well done! Thanks for explanations.
If i would be 19 i would take one year gap. 'Unfortunately' I am romanian,I came here, and retook the college due to different educational systems, and now I'm 22, and I think it's too much waiting a more year after sacrificing the previous. I'm really sad now when I can see that I left all my life behind for something that now it's imposible to achieve.
Sorry for leaving my story here 🐶
Original post by Cipcip

Did u get a rejection from southampton
Original post by Joanne9495
I am a gap year student and Scottish, so my grades are achieved but probably wont make much sense to you. They were all way over the entry grades and my UKCAT was just above average but they have NOTHING to do with the interview. I had a lot of experience and activities in my PS. The year out def helped. I volunteered in Ghana for 3 months, Malawi for 2 weeks, have a lot of hobbies and diverse work experience (which is essential to show you understand the diversity within medicine - teaching/care/research etc)!
If you don't get an interview/place take a year out and reapply. I am so happy that I did! :smile:

True. But I don't think you need to travel all around the world to find work experience/volunteering. If you can afford it, why not! Its about what you learnt from your WE. But maybe I am wrong lool I dont even have an interview.

:smile: i would love to go volunteering inGhana or somewehere :smile:
Reply 597
Original post by crazya96
Did u get a rejection from southampton

No, but I didn't receive an invitation and the chances are getting closer to zero each hour runs away.
True. But I don't think you need to travel all around the world to find work experience/volunteering. If you can afford it, why not! Its about what you learnt from your WE. But maybe I am wrong lool I dont even have an interview.

:smile: i would love to go volunteering inGhana or somewehere :smile:

I got all of my overseas volunteering for free!!! There is no way I or my family could afford it! Check out International Citizen Service on Google, they have loads of opportunities. It is definitely what you have learned from it. It sounds really cheesy but I am a completely new person. The health care inequalities you see are mind blowing - kids dying from dia, cholera and kwashiorkor. It is heart-breaking but makes you way more determined to make a difference!
So Guys!
What do you think the group task will consist of??

Latest

Trending

Trending