The Student Room Group

St George's Medicine Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Anyone with an interview tomorrow - good luck! Look forward to seeing some of you guys :smile:
For anyone who got a GEP / MBBS4 Offer here is the link to the Facebook group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/344995705685308/
Original post by H0psin
I wore a blue suit and blue tie...I had my mam with me aha

Haha, yeah I think I remember. :smile: How did you find it?
Anyone here going for the offer holders taster days??
Original post by hogsmeades
Anyone here going for the offer holders taster days??

Hey! I am! Wednesday 18th - you??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by picnmix
Hey! I am! Wednesday 18th - you??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know yet! I'll have to travel to London just for a day though ><
Original post by hogsmeades
I don't know yet! I'll have to travel to London just for a day though ><

So have you not booked a place? I'm really excited - although not too far from tooting - a couple of hours really - where are you travelling from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1667
Original post by WannabeDoctor03
Haha, yeah I think I remember. :smile: How did you find it?

Mostly ok, was my first MMI so took a while to get into the flow but I think it went fine, hbu? :smile:
Original post by H0psin
Mostly ok, was my first MMI so took a while to get into the flow but I think it went fine, hbu? :smile:

I'm sure it went well. Did they tell you when you would get a reply?
Original post by beansontoast92
Is anyone else with a really low score ie 640 or less (like me) still waiting?? it'd be nice to know im not the only low scorer waitin!

I got 637.5 (the cuttoff) and Got an interview today
there is still hope!
Reply 1670
Original post by JennaK
I'm sure it went well. Did they tell you when you would get a reply?

Within four weeks, have you had your interview yet? :smile:
Original post by Mallory
I got 637.5 (the cuttoff) and Got an interview today
there is still hope!

Okk thanks and congrats I just called them up today they said that I will hear any time until end of March.
When's your interview btw?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beansontoast92
Okk thanks and congrats I just called them up today they said that I will hear any time until end of March.
When's your interview btw?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its in the 5th of March
Reply 1673
Hey guys, I was checking my old email and realised I have so many messages from student room medical threads.

Good luck to you all. St George's is the best medical school in London. Yes alot better than Kings. From course structure, placements, teaching, resources etc everything you name it.

Medical students are still caught up in following league tables and reputation but they soon realise.
Original post by H0psin

Yeah, I think it went well too.

... Except the majority of the people in this thread believe their interviews went really well too; so maybe I didn't do as well as I thought because they only give out so many offers. :frown:
Original post by cfc18
Hey guys, I was checking my old email and realised I have so many messages from student room medical threads.

Good luck to you all. St George's is the best medical school in London. Yes alot better than Kings. From course structure, placements, teaching, resources etc everything you name it.

Medical students are still caught up in following league tables and reputation but they soon realise.

what do you think makes St George's better than the big names like UCL, Imperial and Barts?

and it's true that a lot of us are caught up in league tables which is kind of silly (although king's is pretty low down anyway)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1676
Anybody have an interview on the afternoon of feb 19th?
Original post by AM2311
Anybody have an interview on the afternoon of feb 19th?

yupp.. 12 but have to be there by 10.20
Reply 1678
Original post by WannabeDoctor03
Yeah, I think it went well too.

... Except the majority of the people in this thread believe their interviews went really well too; so maybe I didn't do as well as I thought because they only give out so many offers. :frown:

Don't worry, you've done everything you can now. No point in worrying about it! I'm sure you will have done fine
Original post by aloha_here
Hi guys, I'm a first year medic at SGUL, so if you have any questions about the uni, admissions process or accommodation -I'm happy to help! :smile:

Hi Could you tell me a bit about the medical course and how it's different? And what makes St Georges more unique? And how have your years at the medical been?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending