The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Im not religious in the sense of feeling i belong to a certain religion or believing in a particular God, i would like to think of myself as having faith in truth whatever it turns out to be. I think there is some value to be found in some religions though, they aren't all bad news in my opinion, i have found some Buddhist practices of great help to me for example
Yes, I am, only with His grace though. I am a practicing Christian and I believe everything in the Bible as the absolute truth. I believe that Jesus Christ died to save me from my sins and to grant me and everyone who believe in Him, eternal life, and that He rose again. I believe in principalities, powers and rulers of darkness. I believe in Heaven and Hell. Don't believe in evolution, I believe in the infallibility of the Bible. #christianforlife.

I would never change my stance, so won't argue with anyone about my faith, except they have a genuine curiosity about Jesus Christ and want to learn more about Christianity
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by davidguettafan
But atheists would argue that this is just like believing in fairies or unicorns just to be "safe"

Billions of people do not agree to fairies and unicorns being the deciding factor for their afterlife….
Original post by Vanny17
Yes, I am, only with His grace though. I am a Christian and I believe everything in the Bible as the absolute truth. I believe that Jesus Christ died to save me from my sins and to grant me and everyone who believe in Him, eternal life, and that He rose again. I believe in principalities, powers and rulers of darkness. I believe in Heaven and Hell. Don't believe in evolution, I believe in the infallibility of the Bible. #christianforlife.

So do you follow those bits in Leviticus that say you can't mix clothing fabrics, eat shellfish or rabbit, shave your beard or touch a piece of cloth that's been ejaculated onto (makes you ritually unclean and then you need to sacrifice doves at church or something)?

Cos that bit is a bit weird mate

Posted from TSR Mobile
atheist, rationally an agnostic, but emotionaly i'm an atheist
Reply 45
I've yet to see any Paladin's smiting evil with a once a day cast-able ability so nope, not religious.
Original post by mayamiller
So statistically speaking wouldn't it be better to be 'safe' and live like there's a God than find out there isn't one rather than vice versa?

In theory yes, however I would limit myself and my life if I had to live like there is a God. And in most cases, I would never enter a potential heaven as I'm simply acting religious out of fear rather than faith.
Reply 47
I don't care for religion, bit of a scam imo
66% no and 34% yes, interesting.
So statistically speaking wouldn't it be better to be 'safe' and live like there's a God than find out there isn't one rather than vice versa?

How would you know you were worshiping the correct god? There is no god. Now live life to the fullest you can. Do not be restricted by the barriers of religion.
Original post by davidguettafan
66% no and 34% yes, interesting.

66% prefer reality with supporting evidence
34% prefer fairy tales with no supporting evidence
interesting.
Original post by Daveishere
How would you know you were worshiping the correct god? There is no god. Now live life to the fullest you can. Do not be restricted by the barriers of religion.

Talking to a few people on this forum made me realise there is a serious extreme in those who believe in God and those who simply don't…For me, there IS a God…
Why do people assume being religious means you are not living life to the fullest? I think my religion is fairly simple and straightforward to follow…for others it may not be so but to each their own right? It is a free world
alhamdulillah habiby
Talking to a few people on this forum made me realise there is a serious extreme in those who believe in God and those who simply don't…For me, there IS a God…
Why do people assume being religious means you are not living life to the fullest? I think my religion is fairly simple and straightforward to follow…for others it may not be so but to each their own right? It is a free world

But you live with restrictions. we should all be free people, not followers of cults.
Original post by Secretnerd123
alhamdulillah habiby

Coptic christian checking in and honestly couldn't agree more habibti
Original post by queen-bee
Coptic christian checking in and honestly couldn't agree more habibti

were your parents christian? there are quite a few christian arabs (never knew this before)
Original post by Daveishere
But you live with restrictions. we should all be free people, not followers of cults.

I don't know I actually like having a set or rules to follow and live my life upon..everyone has their own policies and code of conduct right? Religion is a very individual thing…somethings you may do together but mostly it between you and God…And I really like that. Yes some restrictions make me seethe quietly but others I know are plain downright for my own good.
Original post by Secretnerd123
were your parents christian? there are quite a few christian arabs (never knew this before)

My mum was a christian arab but my dad was a swiss italian Catholic
Tbh both parents weren't really into the whole 'God' thing
No I'm not, I see it as too restrictive and pointless.
This is tsr lol

Latest