The Student Room Group

The Uni Study Thread Mark IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shorttstuff
That's so good! well done :woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by SecretDuck
Am I the only student who eats their own homemade packed lunch? It seems that everyone else in my uni buys prepackaged salads and sandwiches.

I take mine in most days.
I don't understand why people would pay £3+ for a sandwich, crisps and a drink?!

Original post by BeyondandAbove
Ugh, exam tomorrow. But my last one! Need to know about the bacteria/a few other microorganisms involved in UTIs, central nervous system infections and obstetric and perinatal infections, and their treatment for the last group.

I'm so exhausted. ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck!!
Original post by rayquaza17

I don't understand why people would pay £3+ for a sandwich, crisps and a drink?!

Good luck!!

I don't like home made sandwiches unless they have chocolate spread in and tbh not really much of a cold sandwich person in general. I usually go for a panini or jacket potato for lunch neither of which I can make and bring in...
(edited 9 years ago)
Am I the only student who eats their own homemade packed lunch? It seems that everyone else in my uni buys prepackaged salads and sandwiches.

Nah I'll always make my own food but we have a kitchen so I can make hot food or bring in soup too. Plus gotta love free tea and coffee :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile
One exam result down, got 67 but with my coursework which was 77, I've averaged 70% in the module giving me a 1st. Really pleased seen as that was my first ever uni exam :biggrin:.

Just waiting for my last result now! But not expecting much as I found the exam so hard.

Congrats to all the others who have posted their results here, they're great!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same, I always bring my own food. I feel a little bad for eating it in the library cafe because I'm not paying for anything but I can't really eat it anywhere else indoors!

I heard my coursemates talking about how expensive it gets to eat on campus but they said they see it as treats and they don't like their own sandwiches. I don't know what they're making but I like mine... except for last week when I sat on a table next to two Chinese girls who were eating their beautiful looking Chinese food. I don't know if it was hot/cold but it looked amazing and my ham sandwich was no longer appealing.

I don't really need special facilities but I wish we had access to a microwave. It would be nice to bring pasta or something and not have it cold.
Original post by rayquaza17

Good luck!!

I know, right? Considering I can make better sandwiches from a cookbook I have. :smile:

Original post by shorttstuff
Nah I'll always make my own food but we have a kitchen so I can make hot food or bring in soup too. Plus gotta love free tea and coffee :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I bring salads but not soup. :no:
I don't have the right sort of containers for it and I anyway prefer sandwiches and salads to soups. :yep:

Original post by sliceofcake
Same, I always bring my own food. I feel a little bad for eating it in the library cafe because I'm not paying for anything but I can't really eat it anywhere else indoors!

I heard my coursemates talking about how expensive it gets to eat on campus but they said they see it as treats and they don't like their own sandwiches. I don't know what they're making but I like mine... except for last week when I sat on a table next to two Chinese girls who were eating their beautiful looking Chinese food. I don't know if it was hot/cold but it looked amazing and my ham sandwich was no longer appealing.

I don't really need special facilities but I wish we had access to a microwave. It would be nice to bring pasta or something and not have it cold.

I eat mine at the library cafe as well. There's just no space anywhere else. I do feel it's worth it just because homemade is very delicious and eating out can get boring quite quickly and is very expensive.
I wish we had access to a microwave at uni, it would be so good!

Original post by Psyc_Girl
One exam result down, got 67 but with my coursework which was 77, I've averaged 70% in the module giving me a 1st. Really pleased seen as that was my first ever uni exam :biggrin:.

Just waiting for my last result now! But not expecting much as I found the exam so hard.

Congrats to all the others who have posted their results here, they're great!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done!!! :biggrin::biggrin:
Seeing some great results posted on this thread - well done guys :biggrin: I don't find out my exam result til next Friday :frown: I know I did badly in the exam so I'm really anxious to see how much damage it has done to my overall grade :eek:
Getting into the swing of all these papers that I'm reading. I'm actually enjoying the maths for once :h:

However ...

Spoiler

you have a library cafe? hot food is banned from our library... we do have 4 different cafes nearby though
I have zero motivation to finish this essay plan I'm supposed to email off by 3 today.
Original post by Slowbro93
Getting into the swing of all these papers that I'm reading. I'm actually enjoying the maths for once :h:

However ...

Spoiler

Spoiler

Can't remember if I posted but I got 68 and 65 in my modules :smile: so proud of myself. They're not the best marks I've ever got, but I'm just proud I did pretty damn well considering what happened in December and I did it without any extensions or anything.

That being said I had a total break down this week (my tutor knows everything after I started having a panic attack before class and spurted it out while crying in the library :erm:) and I've got bloods taken at the doctors. I also didn't go to any class this week (tutors advice). Feeling a lot better after sleeping a lot and being home, but it's made me realise I've still got a long way to go. At least I know my results now and I know I can get a good 2:1. Not letting him ruin things for me.

Oh, and I'm delaying MA applications by a year. I don't think I'm mentally cut out for one tbh, I can't handle stress at all anymore. I'll take a gap year and then see, but I think a year out is a good idea.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jelly1000
you have a library cafe? hot food is banned from our library... we do have 4 different cafes nearby though

Yes, it's distinctly set away from any books. The library is a large building of its own, as soon as you go in there's a separate room for the cafe. Quite beyond that are the turnstiles situated next to the help desk- if the staff see you with a hot drink or food I think they tell you not to go in until you've finished it. We're only allowed bottled water in the main library itself. I see people eating cold things in the library all of the time and a lot of students bring in flasks of hot drinks but neither are allowed.
I remember once standing by the wall in the hallway, again quite far away from my desk, books, computers etc, to eat my cereal bar. I was told I had to go outside to eat it :frown: My pass was on my desk so I continued to eat it as I walked downstairs to the exit, got to the bottom of the stairs and binned my wrapper before returning to work. It's a little over tight sometimes but I understand why they don't want anything other than water.

Not a good day again today. I was doing myself so proud at the start of the week, made decent progress on my dissertation. I tried to do other work that I need to do and I felt so guilty about not working on my dissertation I ended up working super slow. Then I got hit with a letter of rejection for a traineeship.. then an hour and a half later I got an email that threatened my tenancy for next year. That's resolved now but it completely killed any work ethic I had left. I think I still feel so **** I've not done much today either. I proof read my work so far for this chapter, I feel like it's much better now. But I've not actually added anything beyond a sentence. It's driving me mad... I have time but I just want to get on and my brain is being so reluctant!
Yes, it's distinctly set away from any books. The library is a large building of its own, as soon as you go in there's a separate room for the cafe. Quite beyond that are the turnstiles situated next to the help desk- if the staff see you with a hot drink or food I think they tell you not to go in until you've finished it. We're only allowed bottled water in the main library itself. I see people eating cold things in the library all of the time and a lot of students bring in flasks of hot drinks but neither are allowed.
I remember once standing by the wall in the hallway, again quite far away from my desk, books, computers etc, to eat my cereal bar. I was told I had to go outside to eat it :frown: My pass was on my desk so I continued to eat it as I walked downstairs to the exit, got to the bottom of the stairs and binned my wrapper before returning to work. It's a little over tight sometimes but I understand why they don't want anything other than water.

Not a good day again today. I was doing myself so proud at the start of the week, made decent progress on my dissertation. I tried to do other work that I need to do and I felt so guilty about not working on my dissertation I ended up working super slow. Then I got hit with a letter of rejection for a traineeship.. then an hour and a half later I got an email that threatened my tenancy for next year. That's resolved now but it completely killed any work ethic I had left. I think I still feel so **** I've not done much today either. I proof read my work so far for this chapter, I feel like it's much better now. But I've not actually added anything beyond a sentence. It's driving me mad... I have time but I just want to get on and my brain is being so reluctant!

ah wow see we are allowed hot drinks and cold food in the downstairs area (and bottled water anywhere else, but it isn't hard to sneak stuff in and go somewhere where the staff dont patrol)
Finally got the worlds worst essay plan in (doesn't count thankfully) and emailed a potential supervisor asking would he supervise my dissertation and being too afraid to admit what I actually want to do it on in case its a bad idea.
Original post by Slowbro93

However ...

Spoiler

What SAS said, basically! Take it slow, if you need to, think about what you want. Think about what you feel, and if he does like you, then that's cool. But pretty much what SAS said, yes.
Also look at you having fun :sexface:
Original post by snailsareslimy
Can't remember if I posted but I got 68 and 65 in my modules :smile: so proud of myself. They're not the best marks I've ever got, but I'm just proud I did pretty damn well considering what happened in December and I did it without any extensions or anything.

That being said I had a total break down this week (my tutor knows everything after I started having a panic attack before class and spurted it out while crying in the library :erm:) and I've got bloods taken at the doctors. I also didn't go to any class this week (tutors advice). Feeling a lot better after sleeping a lot and being home, but it's made me realise I've still got a long way to go. At least I know my results now and I know I can get a good 2:1. Not letting him ruin things for me.

Oh, and I'm delaying MA applications by a year. I don't think I'm mentally cut out for one tbh, I can't handle stress at all anymore. I'll take a gap year and then see, but I think a year out is a good idea.

sorry missed this before, well done :smile:
Original post by snailsareslimy

Well done! :biggrin: :biggrin:
Way to go guys! I'm so proud of you all! Let me add to the list :biggrin:

My supervisor was really proud of my progress thus far :woo:

And relationships are so darn difficult! Been through lots of ups and downs it's ridiculous! Felt at times we should just end it, and when I think deeper into that, I end up hating myself... I try to shake the guy off cos I knowhe can find better than me, but every time I try, he does something that sinks deeper into my heart... I've completely changed ever since I met this guy! :facepalm:

Also meeting slowbro soon! :woo:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending