The Student Room Group

Attention span

I'm really terrible at listening to instructions; I get bored really easily and just switch off! It's making college a bit difficult because I never know what the hell we're supposed to be doing. :laugh: Does anyone else have a short attention span?
Reply 1
yes very. But I can usualy overcome it by
Reply 2
Hohoho, you card.
Reply 3
lol. I try to keep eye contact and it helps me concentrate.
I tend to start day dreaming in class but i always shake myself out off it when my teacher asks me a question. sit next to a mate, cos then you'll never make a fool out of yourself:smile:
Yeah! In chemistry practicals I never know what the hell i'm suppost to be doing.
Reply 6
stratomaster
Yeah! In chemistry practicals I never know what the hell i'm suppost to be doing.

Exactly the same! I'm not so confident in practicals, especially when the teacher starts to rush you.

Yesterday we did an experiment which made Sulphur Dioxide, and she told us in no uncertain terms that we were not to breathe it in.

I was trying to focus, because I don't want to die :P and we also had to heat a pyrex beaker in a bunsen burner (with the blue flame of course) with our bare hands, and I could not see the flame at all.

How hot do the blue bunsen burner flames get? Isn't it a thousand degrees? :eek:
Original post by stratomaster
You wouldn't have stood a hell's chance in my chemistry teacher's lessons! :eek: :redface:
My attention span seems to be short as hell.
Mind tends to wander a lot, so takes a bit of dedicated effort to stay in the moment.
I always tend to switch between doing different things. I struggle to focus my attention to one thing, unless I have to.
Suppose it is both a strength and a weakness. I will probably end up being a jack of all trades, but a master of none. Ah well - not such a bad thing.
Original post by quintsy
Exactly the same! I'm not so confident in practicals, especially when the teacher starts to rush you.

Yesterday we did an experiment which made Sulphur Dioxide, and she told us in no uncertain terms that we were not to breathe it in.

I was trying to focus, because I don't want to die :P and we also had to heat a pyrex beaker in a bunsen burner (with the blue flame of course) with our bare hands, and I could not see the flame at all.

How hot do the blue bunsen burner flames get? Isn't it a thousand degrees? :eek:

Original post by yellowgunk2003
You wouldn't have stood a hell's chance in my chemistry teacher's lessons! :eek: :redface:

Original post by hellodave5
My attention span seems to be short as hell.
Mind tends to wander a lot, so takes a bit of dedicated effort to stay in the moment.
I always tend to switch between doing different things. I struggle to focus my attention to one thing, unless I have to.
Suppose it is both a strength and a weakness. I will probably end up being a jack of all trades, but a master of none. Ah well - not such a bad thing.

This thread is nearly 10 years old :smile:
Original post by Ki Yung Na
This thread is nearly 10 years old :smile:

...Ooops!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending