The Student Room Group

Oxford UNIQ- Medicine

Just wondering if anyone else has applied to the UNIQ programme for medicine? :biggrin:

I've hardly come across anyone else so I wanted to see if any fellow tsr members have applied!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get more responses. :redface: Hopefully someone will be able to get back to you :h:
Reply 2
I applied today haha!!
Reply 3
Original post by Azula
I applied today haha!!

Haha it was such a complicated process to apply!! :biggrin:
What are your stats and work experience? I found it really hard to write everything in. I'd love to get accepted so much, seriously doubt I will though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by emem2011
Haha it was such a complicated process to apply!! :biggrin:
What are your stats and work experience? I found it really hard to write everything in. I'd love to get accepted so much, seriously doubt I will though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol work experience in UCL cancer institute but i didnt have space to write that, but i went to the Barts and the London taster course, a surgical skills workshop in the Hunterian Museum, medical lectures at KCL, ucl target medicine scheme. I'm taking maths bio chem and geography. what about u??
Reply 5
Original post by Azula
Lol work experience in UCL cancer institute but i didnt have space to write that, but i went to the Barts and the London taster course, a surgical skills workshop in the Hunterian Museum, medical lectures at KCL, ucl target medicine scheme. I'm taking maths bio chem and geography. what about u??

In mine I mentioned medical lectures, my volunteer work (I volunteer with a charity that works with disabled children), independent reading and things like that :smile: It was so tough to fit it into 2000 characters, I struggled so much😁

Ah your options are very similar to mine! I do Biology, Chemistry, Maths and English! How are you finding Bio, Chem and Maths?

What did you get in your GCSEs too? I am so sure I'm going to be rejected haha, I just have a feeling! Your work experience is fab by the way, you should be super proud :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just wondering if anyone else has applied to the UNIQ programme for medicine? :biggrin:

I've hardly come across anyone else so I wanted to see if any fellow tsr members have applied!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You may want to look at the main UNIQ 2015 thread, I'm sure there are others who applied to Medicine too :smile:
Reply 7
In mine I mentioned medical lectures, my volunteer work (I volunteer with a charity that works with disabled children), independent reading and things like that :smile: It was so tough to fit it into 2000 characters, I struggled so much������

Ah your options are very similar to mine! I do Biology, Chemistry, Maths and English! How are you finding Bio, Chem and Maths?

What did you get in your GCSEs too? I am so sure I'm going to be rejected haha, I just have a feeling! Your work experience is fab by the way, you should be super proud :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Volunteering is something i had no space to write about either dangggg. Yeah bio chem and maths are all good, although biology can be a bit boring at times. Hopefully ill get good grades at as level haha, and i got 11 A*-A passes at gcse
Reply 8
Original post by Azula
Volunteering is something i had no space to write about either dangggg. Yeah bio chem and maths are all good, although biology can be a bit boring at times. Hopefully ill get good grades at as level haha, and i got 11 A*-A passes at gcse

There is so much information to remember for biology, all of the tiny details that you don't think are important but actually really are haha! My revision notes for it are so long- I hadn't realised how much we'd actually done!!

Ah wow that's fab, congratulations! I reckon you definitely have a great chance :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest