The Student Room Group

No motivation for Uni work

Doing an all nighter at the moment for a deadline tomorrow. I'm at just under half way so still plenty to do but I have 0 motivation. I just cannot be bothered, no drive, keep procrastinating and literally don't seem to care if I do badly. Any advice/help please?
apply yourself
Original post by dylantombides
Doing an all nighter at the moment for a deadline tomorrow. I'm at just under half way so still plenty to do but I have 0 motivation. I just cannot be bothered, no drive, keep procrastinating and literally don't seem to care if I do badly. Any advice/help please?

My mates are in their last year right now, and I'm in my first. I hear their complaints and destitution announcing their average grade is 55% and they can do nothing to fix it. It makes me well aware that I could end up the same way so I am putting a tiny bit of effort into my work now.

Maybe you can learn the same lesson.
Original post by callum_law
My mates are in their last year right now, and I'm in my first. I hear their complaints and destitution announcing their average grade is 55% and they can do nothing to fix it. It makes me well aware that I could end up the same way so I am putting a tiny bit of effort into my work now.

Maybe you can learn the same lesson.

Main reason why I have no motivation is that I need to get two 2:1's this year (second year) and two 2:1's in the 3rd year to get a 2:1 overall. I've got my 2:1's this year so I just need to pass this unit I'm currently working on.
Main reason why I have no motivation is that I need to get two 2:1's this year (second year) and two 2:1's in the 3rd year to get a 2:1 overall. I've got my 2:1's this year so I just need to pass this unit I'm currently working on.

Then enjoy your Netflix subscription. Don't see what the worry is.

What you studying and where, btw? Do you think it is manageable to aim for a First or no?
(edited 9 years ago)
Get off TSR, take down any notes you need from the internet, turn your wifi off and get on with it. The hard way is the only way. :yy:
Reply 6
Do pomodoro technique for procrastinating .. But for long term solution .. you can google it ..

you should know what do you want to do exactly with your life ? Is it the the degree you want to study or the job you want to have? discover your real life purpose
Original post by callum_law
Then enjoy your Netflix subscription. Don't see what the worry is.

What you studying and where, btw? Do you think it is manageable to aim for a First or no?

Sports Science, University of Portsmouth. Doubt it... 2:1 is challenging in itself for me.
Sports Science, University of Portsmouth. Doubt it... 2:1 is challenging in itself for me.

Perhaps you shouldn't doubt yourself so much. Still if you manage a 2:1 and that is your limit (which is BS), you may as well try to make that 2:1 as high as possible.

Quick Reply

Latest