The Student Room Group
University of Northampton
Northampton

Applicants for the University of Northampton 2015!

Scroll to see replies

If I've put Northampton as my insurance choice, am I still able to select accommodation or not?
Northampton
Hey there, I recently applied for a degree at UoN in Business management, and got a reply saying that I didn't meet the grades, but they gave me an unconditional offer to do a 2 year HND with the option of a 1 year top up for a full honours degree.

My questions are, will I still get the full experience of UoN if I move there?
Am I restricted in any way by being an FE rather than a HE student in terms of the sociability aspect?
Are the Halls of residence a mix of FE and HE or are they separated?
Will freshers be available to me?

I hope you can answer my questions, as I would love to go to UoN, but these are my concerns.

Thanks,

Matt
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by monangesolitaire
This probably sounds odd but at the accommodation on Avenue Campus, it looked like the beds in the show flat were camp beds rather than proper ones. Was this just in the show flat on the open day or is that what all the beds are like in those halls?

Hi!

One potential student reviewed our University accommodation and experience on the most recent open day, please check out the review below:

http://clutterofthoughts.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/review-northampton-university.html
Original post by harrydc123
If I've put Northampton as my insurance choice, am I still able to select accommodation or not?

Hi!

Accommodation is a first come first serve basis system, your chances of gaining accommodation is reduced, however there is still an opportunity to get accommodation or be put on the waiting list.
Original post by Matthewd94
Hey there, I recently applied for a degree at UoN in Business management, and got a reply saying that I didn't meet the grades, but they gave me an unconditional offer to do a 2 year HND with the option of a 1 year top up for a full honours degree.

My questions are, will I still get the full experience of UoN if I move there?
Am I restricted in any way by being an FE rather than a HE student in terms of the sociability aspect?
Are the Halls of residence a mix of FE and HE or are they separated?
Will freshers be available to me?

I hope you can answer my questions, as I would love to go to UoN, but these are my concerns.

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Matt,

I too was a HND student and I there is no difference in the way you are treated as a student.

The HND course is still a course that is associated with the university, you are the same as a BA Hons student, you can join all the sport, societies, go to freshers week, have all the same access to the library and facilities,

The halls of residence are mixed with student from lots of different courses,

I hope this has put your mind at rest!

Kilian
Reply 25
Hey guys! Good luck with all your applications into Northampton :smile:

Check out and join the link below - it provides UK university offer holders & applicants some great information on the lead up to freshers week!

So click 'JOIN' & make sure you share amongst your friends who are also going to uni this year!

facebook.com/events/742712939169549/
Original post by The University of Northampton
Hi there,

You will usually hear back from the admissions department with a response within a week. If you do not hear back within this time then you can call them on 01604 892042.

Laura :smile:

Hi I'm starting to get a bit anxious about my application. I did my online maths and English about 25 days ago and when it got to 1 week I called up and was told that I had passed the tests and that I would hear back soon. When it got to 2 weeks I called again and was told that they would send a reminder and I should hear back early the following week. That was over a week ago now and I've still not heard anything. Ordinarily I would not be worried as I know that applications require a lot of thought, but it's been very nearly 4 times longer than I was advised the wait would be and this is my first choice
I was wondering if you might be able to give me any advice or put my mind at ease? Thank you :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 27
Hello everyone,

This thread is available to anyone who has made an application to the University of Northampton or is interested in applying.

My team and I are here to answer any questions that you have about the University no matter how big or small. This can be anything from 'What is Northampton like as a town' to 'Can I bring a kettle into halls', hopefully we will be able to help.

Just to note, if you have been offered a place then you will be invited to attend an Applicant Visit Day which we would strongly recommend coming to for the potential to meet lecturers, other applicants and view our brilliant facilties.

We hope to see or hear from you soon!

Laura and the team :smile:

ps. Congratulations !

Hi,

I'm 26 years old and I've applied for Early Years Education degree and currently trying to prepare for my interview which is on Thursday. Getting nervous... the letter I received is particularly ambiguous! Feeling a little out of the loop due to applying independant of colleges etc. so any pearls of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Good luck everyone :smile:

Tess
Hi. I was kind of confused about what exactly needed to be done to receive a satisfactory health clearance for those applying to health courses. If you can, could you please shed some light on this matter?
Original post by Zairanang
Hi. I was kind of confused about what exactly needed to be done to receive a satisfactory health clearance for those applying to health courses. If you can, could you please shed some light on this matter?

Hi there,

It does depend on which course you are applying for but they will mainly require a completed health questionnaire by you and your GP which will be reviewed by an occupational therapist and then required for screening.

I hope this helps

Laura :smile:
Original post by tess.gw
Hi,

I'm 26 years old and I've applied for Early Years Education degree and currently trying to prepare for my interview which is on Thursday. Getting nervous... the letter I received is particularly ambiguous! Feeling a little out of the loop due to applying independant of colleges etc. so any pearls of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Good luck everyone :smile:

Tess

Hi Tess,

Have you had your interview yet? Sorry for the delayed response.

Laura
Original post by Prince of Mind
Hi I'm starting to get a bit anxious about my application. I did my online maths and English about 25 days ago and when it got to 1 week I called up and was told that I had passed the tests and that I would hear back soon. When it got to 2 weeks I called again and was told that they would send a reminder and I should hear back early the following week. That was over a week ago now and I've still not heard anything. Ordinarily I would not be worried as I know that applications require a lot of thought, but it's been very nearly 4 times longer than I was advised the wait would be and this is my first choice
I was wondering if you might be able to give me any advice or put my mind at ease? Thank you :smile:

All I can really advise is to call admissions on 01604 892042 and they will be able to confirm the progress of your application. Good luck!
Reply 32
Is there a climbing society and a climbing wall on campus.( I know about the Pinnacle off campus)

Thanks for the reply!
Hello everyone,

This thread is available to anyone who has made an application to the University of Northampton or is interested in applying.

My team and I are here to answer any questions that you have about the University no matter how big or small. This can be anything from 'What is Northampton like as a town' to 'Can I bring a kettle into halls', hopefully we will be able to help.

Just to note, if you have been offered a place then you will be invited to attend an Applicant Visit Day which we would strongly recommend coming to for the potential to meet lecturers, other applicants and view our brilliant facilties.

We hope to see or hear from you soon!

Laura and the team :smile:

ps. Congratulations !

Hiya,

I'm trying to book transport for my OT interview next week, it starts at 9.45 and I was wondering roughly when it was likely to finish?
Reply 34
Hi everyone! I have a place to study occupational therapy :smile: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Go you :smile:

How long was the interview process?
Reply 36
Original post by Peli-Pelican
Go you :smile:

How long was the interview process?

I was interviewed in November which was an All day thing and then had my offer in December xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Original post by Peli-Pelican

I think it was from 9-2/3pm but it was busy day which made it feel really long :smile: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Brilliant, that's sorted my train conundrum. Thank you :smile: And congrats again on the place xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending