The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Busy ... I definitely need to think more postively! I will probably not be able to be that active in the thread, as our project is quite busy an I need to work as well.

So just hugs to everyone!
Listening to criminal stories is maybe not the best idea ... :eek:
Original post by furryface12
It's really not, but thanks! :redface: Clearly :lol: It took me quite a while to explain to her that I lived here, and she promptly started ranting about the boys school so I'm not too sure if that means she thought I was a guy? :eek:

:hugs: Let me know if I can do anything, I'm useless on foody stuff but if you want to talk I'm vaguely around.

Who knows what she was thinking :tongue:

Original post by Nathanielle
Busy ... I definitely need to think more postively! I will probably not be able to be that active in the thread, as our project is quite busy an I need to work as well.

Good luck with it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I want to hide.
cant do this anymore
Original post by Anonymous #2
Good luck with it!

Thank you!

Original post by Pathway
I want to hide.

Hm, don't hide. Just sometimes, but not always.

Original post by ScaryScience
cant do this anymore

Yes, you can!
So annoyed with myself. I've done really well by joining a band. Been to four rehearsals now and the music playing has been fun!

But meeting new people.. Wow.. I just can't do it. If someone talks to me and asks me questions I can answer them and maybe get a conversation started that way.

But if it's up to me to make the first move I just don't know what to say! I literally don't know how to decide what's a good idea to say to someone I don't know.

I know I'll be fine, because I've always been like this. And I've always made friends eventually, when I get more familiar with people. But until then I seem to spend most of the time standing on my own and it's sooo awkward. I just think people must consider me ridiculously rude or anti social but I promise I'm not! I want to be friends! I just don't know how :frown:.
Original post by Anonymous #2
I stopped doing dofe because of how stressful the admin side of it was, so ridiculous! Hope it gets sorted soon.

Yeah :/ Admin definitely stupid and stressful - 2 years ago my assessor lost tons of my sheets/things I had signed :/ Luckily he sorted it eventually, but was just so stupid :/
Thanks :hugs: just got exped to do, though just been given the award now because of weird stupid-ness, so got to email and ask them to un-award it to me or something, so I can then do exped this summer :s-smilie:

Original post by Todot
Yeah the last meds helped quite a lot but I was moved up to the highest dose and it wasn't making a difference so the doctor decided to try new ones...

I hope todays been okay with tutor and essay stuff :hugs:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel like such an idiot today - I've lost my bus pass from university which has my student id card in it and I need it to sort out accomodation for next year. I must have stupidly put it somewhere 'safe' but I just can't find it, either that or its been thrown out accidentally :/ And so now I'm just feeling rubbish about myself :frown:

:hugs: Sorry they stopped making so much difference - hopefully new ones will be good :smile:

Thanks, was okay, he didn't seem that bothered sort of, more just a "well then you're in a tough situation then, good luck ":/" " sort of vibe? :dontknow: Got presentation to do in week 10, no idea how I'm going to be ready, supposed to submit a title soon, too, and haven't a clue what to name it :s-smilie: I mean all I have atm is a vague idea about a topic, and that's it :/ :frown:

Sorry about bus pass and things :/ Could you ask for a replacement from Uni? What do you need it for for accommodation? If it's just the student id, then I can look it up for you with cinema system if that'd help? :dontknow:
Sorry for rubbish-y feeling :/ Losing things always sucks :frown: hopefully will turn up though? :redface:

Original post by Pathway
Achieving it is good though, right?

-------

Feeling a bit weird, decided to do work. Very distracted though, but I need to do something. Can't fail. :frown:

Got some coursework back today as well. Got a 65! :eek::biggrin: Which is great considering I hate lab reports, and they tend to be my lowest scores (averaged 55 last year for labs). :colone: Happy with this improvement. :u:

But I haven't *actually* achieved it, I've still got the expedition to do/have been planning to do it this summer - but if I have the award then I can't do that, and just feels a bit dishonest, even if it's not my fault :s-smilie: really tempting just to leave it there, but think I'm going to ask them to un-award it, because I mean it was a mistake, and I'd like to do it :s-smilie:

lots of :hugs: to you, I'm sorry you haven't been feeling so great this evening :frown:
65 is great :biggrin: that's really really good! :eek: sucking so much this year for assignments :colondollar: :hide: :/

Original post by furryface12
Bit late but on skype if you want a rant! And good luck for uni guy if you've not seen him already :smile:

Thanks :hugs: Saw him and he was really nice :smile: I've spoken to him a couple of times before, but yeah. He said that basically they shouldn't be too bad reversing the award, given that it was an actual mistake/not my fault, and that then I can do the award. He said to do training weekend whatever it is, because then if it does get reversed, then I'm trained and ready, if it doesn't, then it's a nice walk in the peake district anyway :h: but yeah, just him explaining stuff really, was good!

Going to just reply to you on skype now, then I think going to make milkshake, and head to bed to watch some of the Hobbit DoS EE :colondollar: :redface: Then try and get an earlier night :s-smilie:
Annoyed because group isn't on tomorrow :/ :frown: Also didn't mention some stuff to wellbeing lady, but I suppose doesn't matter so much... Sorry, such a ramble :tongue:

Original post by Nathanielle

:hugs: Sorry project stuff is being busy! Hope you can think more positively - hope you're doing well.

Original post by ScaryScience
cant do this anymore

:jumphug: am around if ranting or anything would help :hugs:

Original post by Anonymous
So annoyed with myself. I've done really well by joining a band. Been to four rehearsals now and the music playing has been fun!

But meeting new people.. Wow.. I just can't do it. If someone talks to me and asks me questions I can answer them and maybe get a conversation started that way.

But if it's up to me to make the first move I just don't know what to say! I literally don't know how to decide what's a good idea to say to someone I don't know.

I know I'll be fine, because I've always been like this. And I've always made friends eventually, when I get more familiar with people. But until then I seem to spend most of the time standing on my own and it's sooo awkward. I just think people must consider me ridiculously rude or anti social but I promise I'm not! I want to be friends! I just don't know how :frown:.

:hugs: Making the first move is difficult, and not antisocial at all, I don't think? :dontknow: If a conversation doesn't start because *neither* of you make a first move, then you're equally guilty of not having that conversation :colondollar: not that that matters, though :nah:
Hopefully after a few more practices will be more familiar and stuff? :redface: :hugs:

---------------------------------------------------

Going to be so busy with cinema next week :sigh: I do enjoy it, but just takes a lot of time sometimes :/ got a couple emails to do for it and juggling too atm, and just bleeh :s-smilie:

Behind on work, and whenever I attempt some I just get distracted instantly, don't really understand anything at the moment.
Had the shocking (for me) realisation a couple days ago that I can maybe do maximum 1-2 hours of work a day, and not even that at the moment, and just quite scary :s-smilie: Like I swear I used to be able to do more than that, but just atm struggling to remain focussed for more than 5 minutes, it feels like :s Maybe should try stuff without computer, but not sure how much will help - think I just get distracted thinking about stuff.... :/
Went for a run around outside when I got home tonight, was good - I like the common, it's so empty and nice at this time/evenings :redface: (but in sight of road and stuff easily/safe)
Going to attempt uni tommorow/today for the first time this week. I just want to give it all up. Can't sleep because of the anxiety, I'm so behind which is making me even more anxious
Original post by purple-duck

But I haven't *actually* achieved it, I've still got the expedition to do/have been planning to do it this summer - but if I have the award then I can't do that, and just feels a bit dishonest, even if it's not my fault :s-smilie: really tempting just to leave it there, but think I'm going to ask them to un-award it, because I mean it was a mistake, and I'd like to do it :s-smilie:

lots of :hugs: to you, I'm sorry you haven't been feeling so great this evening :frown:
65 is great :biggrin: that's really really good! :eek: sucking so much this year for assignments :colondollar: :hide: :/

---------------------------------------------------

Going to be so busy with cinema next week :sigh: I do enjoy it, but just takes a lot of time sometimes :/ got a couple emails to do for it and juggling too atm, and just bleeh :s-smilie:

Behind on work, and whenever I attempt some I just get distracted instantly, don't really understand anything at the moment.
Had the shocking (for me) realisation a couple days ago that I can maybe do maximum 1-2 hours of work a day, and not even that at the moment, and just quite scary :s-smilie: Like I swear I used to be able to do more than that, but just atm struggling to remain focussed for more than 5 minutes, it feels like :s Maybe should try stuff without computer, but not sure how much will help - think I just get distracted thinking about stuff.... :/
Went for a run around outside when I got home tonight, was good - I like the common, it's so empty and nice at this time/evenings :redface: (but in sight of road and stuff easily/safe)

oh, apologies, i misinterpreted what you wrote, everything is confusing to understand today. but yeah, i'd definitely go and let them know, wouldn't be good if they found out themselves!

Thank you :hugs:

sorry to hear you're struggling so much with work, it's awful when you feel unable to put in your usually aount of time! hopefully that changes soon. Glad youhad a good run :smile:

----------------

really upset, been crying for like the last hour because my flatmates have been having some kind of gathering and they're shouting/screeching about god nknows what. i'm just so tired i want to sleep, that's literally all i want tot do right now and i cant because i'm triggered. keep worrrying he's goign to walk in here and i have to be "ready" to go now just in case. but i'm so tired, just can't ****ing do this. don't know why i'm freaking out so much. sorry guys, i;'m so dumb
Original post by Anonymous
Going to attempt uni tommorow/today for the first time this week. I just want to give it all up. Can't sleep because of the anxiety, I'm so behind which is making me even more anxious

Good luck with attempting uni tomorrow. :smile: I saw your earlier post but couldn't reply as I was on my phone. I also suffered from depression when I was at university and it had a massive impact on my attendance/work. What you describe (the lack of enjoyment and interest/motivation etc) sounds a lot like pretty severe depression. It's good you've been to a doctor about it and sertraline helps a lot of people. I don't know if you're aware but generally it takes about 6-8weeks for antidepressants to reach their full effectiveness so you're still in early days with that. I hope it works for you but it's worth bearing in mind that it may not and you may have to try a different antidepressant. It might be good if you get a doctor's note for your uni just in case you need extensions on work or anything. What you said about it being a blip and hoping that you'll wake up and everything will be fine - I felt like that too sometimes, or maybe I just needed to try harder and things would be good - sadly depression generally doesn't work like that. Don't feel bad about going for counseling, that's what they're there for! I hope things improve for you soon.
Original post by Pathway
oh, apologies, i misinterpreted what you wrote, everything is confusing to understand today. but yeah, i'd definitely go and let them know, wouldn't be good if they found out themselves!

Thank you :hugs:

sorry to hear you're struggling so much with work, it's awful when you feel unable to put in your usually aount of time! hopefully that changes soon. Glad youhad a good run :smile:

----------------

really upset, been crying for like the last hour because my flatmates have been having some kind of gathering and they're shouting/screeching about god nknows what. i'm just so tired i want to sleep, that's literally all i want tot do right now and i cant because i'm triggered. keep worrrying he's goign to walk in here and i have to be "ready" to go now just in case. but i'm so tired, just can't ****ing do this. don't know why i'm freaking out so much. sorry guys, i;'m so dumb

I promise hes not going to get you :hugs: i know its scary but trust me hun :lovehug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
I promise hes not going to get you :hugs: i know its scary but trust me hun :lovehug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you. i'm just so scared :cry:
Original post by Pathway
thank you. i'm just so scared :cry:

I know chick, but i promise you he cant get to you ok.

Have you got a teddy you can cuddle under your duvet? Prehaps listen to music or watch a film? Maybe get a hotchocolate? :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
I know chick, but i promise you he cant get to you ok.

Have you got a teddy you can cuddle under your duvet? Prehaps listen to music or watch a film? Maybe get a hotchocolate? :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah, will hug a teddy thank you. would listen to music/watch a film but i'm too scared to? it's stupid :frown: thank you for the ideas, my brain has been blank for what to do to help myself :hugs:
Original post by Pathway
yeah, will hug a teddy thank you. would listen to music/watch a film but i'm too scared to? it's stupid :frown: thank you for the ideas, my brain has been blank for what to do to help myself :hugs:

Teddies are the best :yep:
Could you listen with one headphone in? The distraction on the brain may help you.
When im in a paranoid episode i often find distracting my brain helps so much to forget about the paranoia. What about colouring or doing a jigsaw online? The focus may help you.
I dunno how long ill be awake but if you need a chat anytime just PM me :smile: :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1076
Original post by purple-duck

:hugs: Sorry they stopped making so much difference - hopefully new ones will be good :smile:

Thanks, was okay, he didn't seem that bothered sort of, more just a "well then you're in a tough situation then, good luck ":/" " sort of vibe? :dontknow: Got presentation to do in week 10, no idea how I'm going to be ready, supposed to submit a title soon, too, and haven't a clue what to name it :s-smilie: I mean all I have atm is a vague idea about a topic, and that's it :/ :frown:

Sorry about bus pass and things :/ Could you ask for a replacement from Uni? What do you need it for for accommodation? If it's just the student id, then I can look it up for you with cinema system if that'd help? :dontknow:
Sorry for rubbish-y feeling :/ Losing things always sucks :frown: hopefully will turn up though? :redface:

That doesn't seem particularly helpful of him :frown: I'll come and give him a piece of my mind :angry: (very quietly from Leamington :tongue:) I wish I could help more but I guess the only things that I can say are don't panic - you still have time - and I guess just trying your best to focus on prioritising it as much as possible. Do people at university (specifically your tutor) know whats going on mental healthwise so they can maybe give a bit of leeway?

Yeah losing things is annoying at the best of times but my bus pass was already such a waste of money that I really would like to use it the few times I'm down visiting :grumble: I can get a replacement student card when I'm there though so its not all catastrophic. Hopefully it will turn up so I dont have to though... Thanks that's a really sweet offer :smile: although its fine now anyway, I needed a photo of it and I remembered that my friend had one from when we were sorting council tax.

It sounds like you've got things pretty tough at the minute with working times etc. :hugs: Maybe try (if you can) more shorter chunks of working with breaks in between? :dontknow: Hope DofE stuff gets sorted too and you enjoy the peak district
Making notes for essay writing on post-it notes so that I have it clearly separated into paragraphs and can mess with the layout before writing it up. Downside is that I'm probably going to lose track of my notes before I remember to file them but I should have an essay out of it before morning which is good. Need a coffee break though, and some food. Have a feeling that if I head to bed then I won't be getting up in the morning to do things I need to so might just stay up and then have a nap in the afternoon if I need one. Tomorrow is going to be horribly busy, and yet I still left all my work until now because the only thing that can make a stupid amount of work better is more pressure and all nighters. :facepalm: :work:

I don't understand why I always do this, I could have done this work at any point this week and instead I'm staying up all night the night before it's due stressing myself out. It's every time, just for once I'd like to actually make myself do something early so that it's out of the way and done with. I have to apply for accommodation over Easter so I can stay here and get some work done/ avoid parents but the deadline isn't for a week so I haven't yet. It's like I'm incapable of following through with a plan or dealing with things before they are urgent. I stress myself out so much and I can see how much easier it would be if I just did things a bit earlier and I just don't. So yeah, stupid procrastination and anxiety about not getting work handed in on time do not make for a relaxed student. Still one essay almost planned. I'm going to get some coffee, finish planning, eat and then write it I guess. The second essay will be written tomorrow morning since it's basically just rambling about theories and evolutionary stuff. I'm tempted to plan it and then write it drunk tomorrow night, it would probably be faster.
Near the end of my nightshift, but an hour after im doing training for about 6 hours .__. Didn't sleep much the other day either, so feeling pretty tired. Fags and caffeine keeping me going, but im definitely gonna go straight to bed when i get back at about 5pm...

May get out a bit earlier, but apparently that depends on who is teaching. Good thing im not back in work for a few days, really need the rest before i do any more :d

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Valvopus
Making notes for essay writing on post-it notes so that I have it clearly separated into paragraphs and can mess with the layout before writing it up. Downside is that I'm probably going to lose track of my notes before I remember to file them but I should have an essay out of it before morning which is good. Need a coffee break though, and some food. Have a feeling that if I head to bed then I won't be getting up in the morning to do things I need to so might just stay up and then have a nap in the afternoon if I need one. Tomorrow is going to be horribly busy, and yet I still left all my work until now because the only thing that can make a stupid amount of work better is more pressure and all nighters. :facepalm: :work:

I don't understand why I always do this, I could have done this work at any point this week and instead I'm staying up all night the night before it's due stressing myself out. It's every time, just for once I'd like to actually make myself do something early so that it's out of the way and done with. I have to apply for accommodation over Easter so I can stay here and get some work done/ avoid parents but the deadline isn't for a week so I haven't yet. It's like I'm incapable of following through with a plan or dealing with things before they are urgent. I stress myself out so much and I can see how much easier it would be if I just did things a bit earlier and I just don't. So yeah, stupid procrastination and anxiety about not getting work handed in on time do not make for a relaxed student. Still one essay almost planned. I'm going to get some coffee, finish planning, eat and then write it I guess. The second essay will be written tomorrow morning since it's basically just rambling about theories and evolutionary stuff. I'm tempted to plan it and then write it drunk tomorrow night, it would probably be faster.

:hugs: I used to be the same. I think partly just getting tired of leaving everything to the last minute helped, and also having a study coach to help me organise myself a bit more.

Latest