Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

How did you guys meet? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by R Dragon
How did you guys meet? :smile:

At school 10 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why do you feel it necessary to mention something irrelevant like race....
Original post by TheTechN1304

Personally, I don't think it's irrelevant. Our backgrounds help play a part in defining our identities (to a certain extent)
Reply 5
Original post by TheTechN1304

Race is hardly irrelevant only ignorant people believe this, race can be the deciding factor in many circumstances and racisim exists believe it or not. And from personal experiences its played apart in our relationship. It sucks but thats reality.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is this actually even a thing anymore? Congrats and all that you found someone, but tbh its not exactly groundbreaking for an interacial couple to exist. Stop living in the past :h:
How do you think your child will deal with being pulled in two different directions culturally, with not having a clear racial identity, with appealing to members of neither of the parents' races?
Reply 8
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
Is this actually even a thing anymore? Congrats and all that you found someone, but tbh its not exactly groundbreaking for an interacial couple to exist. Stop living in the past :h:

You are so daft.. many people are against it and it comes with problems, stop living in a dream world

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah

I'm with you on this one.

Professional victim is not a career.
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
How do you think your child will deal with being pulled in two different directions culturally, with not having a clear racial identity, with appealing to members of neither of the parents' races?

My prediction is

Spoiler

Original post by goldie56
My prediction is that he'll live

Sure he will. But how? And how happily? And how successfully?
Sure he will. But how? And how happily? And how successfully?

Well that involves a lot of factors beyond race
Original post by Rugar Rell
You are so daft.. many people are against it and it comes with problems, stop living in a dream world

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you're the one living in the dream world, the 1960s emailed saying they want their story back :erm:

Sorry but when pretty much everyone on this site has grown up with interracial communities as a normal thriving thing, the idea that a mix raced baby is even worth making a thread over is actually quite embarrassingly out of touch.

Here, take a look at what the 'average American' will look like in 30 years;

More here;

Spoiler

Original post by A5ko
I'm with you on this one.

Professional victim is not a career.

:hat2: Cheers, glad wasn't just me seeing it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 14

I myself have thought about this.. I think mixed race kids who are white and black 9 times out of 10, feel more black than white so associate themselves with their black identity. Me and my partner let our son try all different foods etc and I speak to him about Jamaica. He has friends of all different races so I dont see it causing him much drama as his generation will probably be so intergrated with different races it wont matter.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
So racisim doesnt exist? Are you being serious? Were you dropped on your head as a child?

That's not really what they are saying and you know it.
You're technically neither black or white, your son is mixed race.

Good tactic of genocide when you think of it to destroy a race by making everyone mixed race.
Reply 17
Original post by A5ko
That's not really what they are saying and you know it.

Clearly thats what hes saying as according to him its not the 60s and race isnt relevant. Tbh its pointless speaking about racisim with someone who has never experienced it. Being in an interacial relationship and having mixed race kids has issues that arent in same race relationships, he wouldnt know this as he has zero experience.. so why he chooses to speak on things he knows nothing about is beyond me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Clearly thats what hes saying as according to him its not the 60s and race isnt relevant. Tbh its pointless speaking about racisim with someone who has never experienced it. Being in an interacial relationship and having mixed race kids has issues that arent in same race relationships, he wouldnt know this as he has zero experience.. so why he chooses to speak on things he knows nothing about is beyond me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm black and my partner is white, does that give me permission to speak? :lolwut:

Kinda depressing that skin colour is a qualification to be able to comment on society. :emo:

What I was saying if you'd bothered to read properly before frothing at the mouth is that most of the people using this forum will have experienced multicultural society, where their celebrities, heroes, friends and family are all drawn from different races and cultures. So to come on this site of all places and post about the hardships of interracial children is absolutely bizarre.

I meant no offence, but I've clearly upset you. I hope you are happy with your partner and I'm sorry if you've ever experienced racism (Everyone has, you're kinda being racist to me right now for example), but that doesn't give you the right to play a victim and be racist to others. Set a better example for your kid and stop segregating him because of his heritage.
Reply 19

When you're quite done burning that strawman.

Quick Reply

Latest