The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Kings College London Nursing Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by twioo5
how do u practise for the kings test? for the literacy part

I never practiced for the literacy but looking back, I would definitely practice writing fast. At the end of the day, don't fret if you don't write an insanely huge amount for each question since they're evaluating your quality of writing and how you answer the questions!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 101
Original post by smariakatrina
I never practiced for the literacy but looking back, I would definitely practice writing fast. At the end of the day, don't fret if you don't write an insanely huge amount for each question since they're evaluating your quality of writing and how you answer the questions!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

How many questions are there for the literacy part? And what should I do for the maths part?

Do you hae interviews on the same day?
Original post by Terrianne1991
The questions are about medicine, KPH, and other random stuff like ratio etc x

Hey, did basic Math like addition, subtraction and drug calculations pop up? How was English like? x
(edited 9 years ago)
has anyone got an offer from the selection days around the 20th jan?? 3 weeks tomorrow so i hope i get know then
Have my selection day tomorrow, eek! Good luck to anyone else who's tomorrow too, and also to anyone still waiting for a response.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fairplaytoyou
Have my selection day tomorrow, eek! Good luck to anyone else who's tomorrow too, and also to anyone still waiting for a response.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll be there too! Good luck :smile:
I have a selection day tomorrow for King's very very nervous as this is my first choice...see you there! I'll be the one looking like I'm about to have a breakdown!
Original post by emferrer
has anyone got an offer from the selection days around the 20th jan?? 3 weeks tomorrow so i hope i get know then

Yes I have, heard last Tuesday but think it's because I doing MH nursing and there were loads of MH applicants who didn't turn up on the day, so maybe they had less people to get through? I don't know if any of that makes sense :colondollar: but what I mean is, that it may be because they get loads more applicants for child nursing so have more to get through! :smile:

Good luck for your response!! :biggrin:
could you tell me what the interview was like, i have a test tomorrow and as i live in south east london i wanna prep for it just in case. What type of questions did they ask??
Original post by Fionnuala95
Yes I have, heard last Tuesday but think it's because I doing MH nursing and there were loads of MH applicants who didn't turn up on the day, so maybe they had less people to get through? I don't know if any of that makes sense :colondollar: but what I mean is, that it may be because they get loads more applicants for child nursing so have more to get through! :smile:

Good luck for your response!! :biggrin:

ah that makes sense, i ended up calling them today and they said they were looking through everything still and i'll find out at by the end of this week or next week!

its been so long!!!!
Reply 110
Original post by emferrer
ah that makes sense, i ended up calling them today and they said they were looking through everything still and i'll find out at by the end of this week or next week!

its been so long!!!!

I had the same as you! selection day was 21st january but i hadnt heard last weeks still and I decided to call them. The man I spoke to said the same as you and was really unhelpful, but I rang again the next day and luckily someone else answered and I asked if he could give me phone confirmation if i had passed or failed and he told me i had passed all tests but it was taking so long because they were trying to arrange a interview day for us child nursing applicants. i still havent formally had my interview date on the portal, but it might be worth messaging them through your kings portal to ask if they could let you know the outcome of the tests as i had done this before I called and they hadnt got back to me because it takes about 5 days. But they did reply through the portal with another confirmation, this time written that I had definitely passed and repeated the same thing about the interview. They suggested on the phone that if you had failed you would have heard by now and not hearing is just because they are still organising our interview day!! So i am confident you have passed and are in the same boat as me!
Sorry it is such a long reply haha xxx
Just came back from the selection day, wow, the English really was stressful! Chuffed its over though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had my MMI today and found it more difficult than i thought it would be, gutted as it is my first choice :frown:
Original post by turng006
I had my MMI today and found it more difficult than i thought it would be, gutted as it is my first choice :frown:

I'm sorry to hear that, but you've done excellent to get to that stage so I'm sure you've got a good chance of an offer. Out of curiosity, were the examiners the same admissions officers who were at the front during the tests?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by abgreen
I had the same as you! selection day was 21st january but i hadnt heard last weeks still and I decided to call them. The man I spoke to said the same as you and was really unhelpful, but I rang again the next day and luckily someone else answered and I asked if he could give me phone confirmation if i had passed or failed and he told me i had passed all tests but it was taking so long because they were trying to arrange a interview day for us child nursing applicants. i still havent formally had my interview date on the portal, but it might be worth messaging them through your kings portal to ask if they could let you know the outcome of the tests as i had done this before I called and they hadnt got back to me because it takes about 5 days. But they did reply through the portal with another confirmation, this time written that I had definitely passed and repeated the same thing about the interview. They suggested on the phone that if you had failed you would have heard by now and not hearing is just because they are still organising our interview day!! So i am confident you have passed and are in the same boat as me!
Sorry it is such a long reply haha xxx

ah i see, ive had my tests and interview, so you should get an interview date soon dont worry about it :smile:

i just want an offer so so badly!!

xxx
Original post by fairplaytoyou
I'm sorry to hear that, but you've done excellent to get to that stage so I'm sure you've got a good chance of an offer. Out of curiosity, were the examiners the same admissions officers who were at the front during the tests?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had an interview with her on the same day so I reckon I could answer this. There was the admission officer lady who was at the selection day( Can't remember her name. She had red hair, and was wearing glasses.), but only to guide applicants, not for actual interviews. As this was MMI, there were about 24 people who were interviewing us (6 stations in each row). They are lecturers or professors at nursing department I think.
Reply 116
Why are there so many stations? Can't there be just one interviewer? Like do they ask diff questing at each station
Original post by twioo5
Why are there so many stations? Can't there be just one interviewer? Like do they ask diff questing at each station

You only speak to 6 interviewers, 10 minutes with the first interviewers and 5 minutes each with the rest. They will ask you different questions. You are asked to leave the station after 10/5 minutes. To help you to understand, it's bit like a speed dating. The point of MMI is to see whether applicants can cope with busy, stressful environment which is similar to the wards at hospital. I suppose nurses have to shift their minds into different patients so that must be the point of speaking to different interviewers for a short period of time.
(edited 9 years ago)
Got an offer last night for adult nursing starting in september 2015. Has anyone else got an offer?
Original post by Charliea18
Got an offer last night for adult nursing starting in september 2015. Has anyone else got an offer?

Wow congrats! When did you have your interview?
Are you going to firm it?

Quick Reply

Latest