The Student Room Group

Would ISIS exist if Nazi Germany succeeded?

Scroll to see replies

Would the Internet exist if they'd won.
Reply 2
They'd be to busy killing their own population to care.
Reply 3
Original post by MatureStudent36
Would the Internet exist if they'd won.

Probably.
Original post by Toda

No because after the Jews, Gypsies and free thinkers the muslims would have been next.

The fact that some Muslim countries sucked up to Hitler would not have been enough to stop the fires from being stoked.
Reply 5
Original post by PopaPork
No because after the Jews, Gypsies and free thinkers the muslims would have been next.

The fact that some Muslim countries sucked up to Hitler would not have been enough to stop the fires from being stoked.

Is there any evidence the Nazis intended to take over the Middle East?

My understanding, which may be incorrect, was that they saw the Bolsheviks/Soviet Communists as a major threat and were intending to go East. According to historian A. J. P. Taylor:

“Eastern expansion was the primary purpose of Hitler’s policy, if not the only one.”

If they'd succeeded, then arguably the jews would have been relocated (e.g. Madgascar Plan )
(edited 9 years ago)
Simple logistics

Russia would control it's oil fields and the Germans would need to get their oil from somewhere

You have to remember Russia fought Germany to a stand still and the Allied Western Air Plan 5(c) prioritized the targeting of the German oil facilities in Europe so the middle east would have been seen as a secure option in case of a renewed set of attacks again in Europe

But as we know the Germans were happy to depopulate areas to pacify them so I don't think they would have had much issue doing this in the middle east
Simple logistics

Russia would control it's oil fields and the Germans would need to get their oil from somewhere

You have to remember Russia fought Germany to a stand still and the Allied Western Air Plan 5(c) prioritized the targeting of the German oil facilities in Europe so the middle east would have been seen as a secure option in case of a renewed set of attacks again in Europe

But as we know the Germans were happy to depopulate areas to pacify them so I don't think they would have had much issue doing this in the middle east

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Germans were stopped at El Alamein so how on Earth would they reach the Middle East then?
Idk about ISIS per say - some kind of caliphate building extremist group probably would exist. Not that they'd be a threat to our society - as our society would have been trashed beyond recognition already.
A lot of things wouldn't exist if Nazi Germany won.
Original post by alow
Probably.

I'm petty sure it would. The Germans were quite technologically advanced and still are.
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

The Germans were stopped at El Alamein so how on Earth would they reach the Middle East then?

Did you even bother to read the OP?

the issue is rhetorical based upon 'Would ISIS exist if Nazi Germany succeeded?':rolleyes:
Did you even bother to read the OP?

the issue is rhetorical based upon 'Would ISIS exist if Nazi Germany succeeded?':rolleyes:

Thebgermans only went to North Africa initially to help their failing Italian allies. it's only latter they had a desire for the oilfields.And no, I want to practise my WW2 knowledge, can you blame me? Never any ww2 threads 😭.
Original post by Kadak
Thebgermans only went to North Africa initially to help their failing Italian allies. it's only latter they had a desire for the oilfields.And no, I want to practise my WW2 knowledge, can you blame me? Never any ww2 threads 😭.

True but they were very cushty with the Mufti and I don't see this relationship simply ending (given the hypothetical) but I do see the GFermans following their usual MO in this regard

But this is a 'what if' senario so no one's going to be right:biggrin:
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Through the Caucasus.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasus

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichskommissariat_Kaukasus

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Case_Blue

As well as supporting this.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Iraqi_War

The German advance through the Carcasus was halted as most of the German forces became sucked into the fighting for Stalingrad. You would know that if you read the link you quoted.
The Anglo iraqi war waris negligible since there were no German boots on the ground and the Iraqis were crushed.
Original post by Kadak
The German advance through the Carcasus was halted as most of the German forces became sucked into the fighting for Stalingrad. You would know that if you read the link you quoted.
The Anglo iraqi war waris negligible since there were no German boots on the ground and the Iraqis were crushed.

Merely highlighting that the Germans weren't just going to the suez canal.
Merely highlighting that the Germans weren't just going to the suez canal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Germans never even reached the suez canal.Ever heard of El Alamein?
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

The Germans never even reached the suez canal.Ever heard of El Alamein?

PleAse read through the thread. You're obviously missing the bit where one poster raised the point that Germans in ww2 had no intention of going into the middle East.

The german plan, as in intent, was to drive over the suez and caucuses and meet up. That was the plan. They wanted to do it.

You've highlighted that their plan didn't work. We know that. WeMee discussing what their plan was. Not how their plan panned out.
PleAse read through the thread. You're obviously missing the bit where one poster raised the point that Germans in ww2 had no intention of going into the middle East.

The german plan, as in intent, was to drive over the suez and caucuses and meet up. That was the plan. They wanted to do it.

You've highlighted that their plan didn't work. We know that. WeMee discussing what their plan was. Not how their plan panned out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh alright then.I know their plan was to meet up.Now what, are we meant to discuss what would happen hypothetically if the plan succeeded?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending