Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham offer holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 600
Original post by Trisvette
congrats to you too!!! Which country you are from? I'm applying for St. Chad, a beautiful college near the bailey and river. How about you?

I'm from India, what about you? :smile:
I applied to collingwood!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Rid
I'm from India, what about you? :smile:
I applied to collingwood!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm from Malaysia. Collingwood is one of the modern college but I prefer a traditional one. Have you visited Durham?
Reply 602
Applied to Durham twice. Have an unconditional offer for Combined Honours (social sciences) at Durham still waiting for a reply for History . Applied to Josephine Butler, but kinda hoping i get allocated to Collingwood .

(I applied to Durham last year and firmed an offer from Collingwood, although my preference was Butler, but backed out at the last minute and went to Newcastle uni. I've now withdrawn from Newcastle and will be going to Durham in October! )

So excited!
:banana::banana::banana:
Original post by indiaharding
Oh I know! I think is like a £100 train ride (not sure though) so I'd probably have I make minimal journeys back home which I'm not a huge fan of.
The more I think about it the more excited I become to firm Durham, haven't done it yet because I'm still weighing out the pros and cons against Bath for civil engineering as opposed to general.
Are you leaning towards Durham?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Anthrostudent
Hello!

That's very far! I checked the train prices and they are ridiculous, especially as I'd have to get the train to London first so I'm still making pro and con lists!

Are you definitely going to Durham?

Hi! I'm in the same boat, coming from Wiltshire. Have you considered flying? For me the train would be £100 each way at minimum, but flights from Bristol to Newcastle are £50 return! I realise that might not be helpful in some areas, but depending on where you are in South Wales it might be worth a look. There are regular trains from the airport to Durham that cost £7.20 without a railcard and take about an hour, so even with that added on it's a lot quicker by plane too!
Got an offer for General Engineering(MEng)-University college (hopefully).Anybody know if you get put onto the BEng course if you do not meet your offer? Offer is A*A A
Original post by Pheebles
Hi! I'm in the same boat, coming from Wiltshire. Have you considered flying? For me the train would be £100 each way at minimum, but flights from Bristol to Newcastle are £50 return! I realise that might not be helpful in some areas, but depending on where you are in South Wales it might be worth a look. There are regular trains from the airport to Durham that cost £7.20 without a railcard and take about an hour, so even with that added on it's a lot quicker by plane too!

Yeah, I live 17miles West of Cardiff so that would be the best option for going to and from throughout the year. Cardiff airport is rather expensive for what it is so a getting to and flying from Bristol is my best bet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by indiaharding
Yeah, I live 17miles West of Cardiff so that would be the best option for going to and from throughout the year. Cardiff airport is rather expensive for what it is so a getting to and flying from Bristol is my best bet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's ridiculous isn't it... Costs and general effort means I won't go to durham :frown:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
It's ridiculous isn't it... Costs and general effort means I won't go to durham :frown:

Means you don't want to join me:s-smilie:
Reply 608
Got conditional offer for Geography for under grad...requirement will be 87% in Geog & 85% in Math in my 12th...keeping my fingures crossed. Pls suggest which is the best college for my choice in the Univ. Also how it compared with Univ of Edinburg.
Just found out that mega bus goes to durham bus station but it usually isn't a direct journey so depending on your route you may stop at Leeds or somewhere and it will take considerably longer but should be quite cheap. So may be worth looking at at least.
Reply 610
Got an offer yesterday for PPE A*AA. Applied to Collingwood so waiting for college allocation to come through, fingers crossed!
Original post by vks2412
Got conditional offer for Geography for under grad...requirement will be 87% in Geog & 85% in Math in my 12th...keeping my fingures crossed. Pls suggest which is the best college for my choice in the Univ. Also how it compared with Univ of Edinburg.

Hi. Which college did you put on your UCAS form? If you didn't put one then you will be allocated one.
Reply 612
Didn't put any choice...but can you suggest which is the best for my subject or otherwise also, atleast I can request now.
Original post by vks2412
Didn't put any choice...but can you suggest which is the best for my subject or otherwise also, atleast I can request now.

Unlike at Oxbridge teaching isn't carried out at individual colleges and so it depends whether you are more concerned with distance from the department or the character of the college.

The Hill colleges are closer to Geography. The Bailey colleges are more traditional (more formal meals and more gown wearing) and more over-subscribed. Butler is the only one that is self-catering.

I spent a day last year visiting each and every one!
Reply 614
Original post by bgb
Got an offer yesterday for PPE A*AA. Applied to Collingwood so waiting for college allocation to come through, fingers crossed!

Congratulations! Are you firming it?
I have an offer for PPE and I've applied to Collingwood too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Received a conditional offer (AAA) for Politics today! I'm so excited! :biggrin:

I'm hoping to firm Durham but I'll only be making the final decision once I've received a college allocation. I applied to Van Mildert college. :smile:
Reply 616
Original post by Rid
Congratulations! Are you firming it?
I have an offer for PPE and I've applied to Collingwood too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think so. Durham has always been my dream to get into but now it has come down to it, I am more torn between York and Durham than I thought I would be!
Reply 617
Original post by bgb
I think so. Durham has always been my dream to get into but now it has come down to it, I am more torn between York and Durham than I thought I would be!

Ahh, this bit of deciding is probably as bad as the waiting period. I'm torn between Durham and St.A's at the moment. But I'm pretty sure I'll end up firming Durham!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can't wait for next week :biggrin:
Original post by Pheebles

Hey I checked the flight prices, and they do seem cheaper but it's still quite expensive, I'm from Wiltshire too! I got an offer from Exeter which is a lot closer and a lot cheaper in terms of living and rent but it also hard making a decision! Are you definitely going to Durham?

Quick Reply

Latest