Do you need E-bacc to get into dentistry?? Watch

Marykatej
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi I'm in year 11 and now under a lot of stress
My teachers ,3 months prior to our exams , have brought up the importance of having a humanities (history or geography) GSCE , and we weren't aware of this or even provided with the opportunity to take one of theses subjects. Now they're telling us "you will most definetky not get into a Russell group university without a humanities let alone get into dentistry ", and this has really stressed me out. Even though I'm predicted very high grades for 10 gcse a, I'll be devasted if a lack of humanities effects my future ambitions .

I'm wondering if it'll be worth using these last three months to do self revision on a subject I'm completely alien to! Would that be a silly idea? Please help !
usycool1
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Marykatej)
Hi I'm in year 11 and now under a lot of stress
My teachers ,3 months prior to our exams , have brought up the importance of having a humanities (history or geography) GSCE , and we weren't aware of this or even provided with the opportunity to take one of theses subjects. Now they're telling us "you will most definetky not get into a Russell group university without a humanities let alone get into dentistry ", and this has really stressed me out. Even though I'm predicted very high grades for 10 gcse a, I'll be devasted if a lack of humanities effects my future ambitions .

I'm wondering if it'll be worth using these last three months to do self revision on a subject I'm completely alien to! Would that be a silly idea? Please help !
No, they're talking rubbish - you don't need History or Geography at GCSE to get in to Dentistry.
Blobar
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Absolutely not mate, it's just to boost their own stats in some way or other.

Don't fall for the EPQ at A level either.
ilovesophialucia
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nope. My friends brother didn't do history or geography at GCSE and he did a levels and is now at Nottingham uni studying some kind of science. I wouldn't worry about it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Muttley79
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The E-bacc isn't even a proper qualification - it's only for league tables.

We don't make students choose GCSEs to fit this but rather what they want/need to do.
Marykatej
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by usycool1)
No, they're talking rubbish - you don't need History or Geography at GCSE to get in to Dentistry.

(Original post by Blobar)
Absolutely not mate, it's just to boost their own stats in some way or other.

Don't fall for the EPQ at A level either.

(Original post by ilovesophialucia)
Nope. My friends brother didn't do history or geography at GCSE and he did a levels and is now at Nottingham uni studying some kind of science. I wouldn't worry about it

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Muttley79)
The E-bacc isn't even a proper qualification - it's only for league tables.

We don't make students choose GCSEs to fit this but rather what they want/need to do.
Thank you everyone ! You've all made me feel a lot better and less stressed xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (148)
19.15%
Labour (328)
42.43%
Liberal Democrats (156)
20.18%
Green Party (42)
5.43%
Brexit Party (21)
2.72%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.39%
SNP (9)
1.16%
Plaid Cymru (6)
0.78%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.13%
Sinn Fein (1)
0.13%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)