Scroll to see replies

Original post by Unsworth
Offer from A&O! :smile:

Congrats! You are so great at this aha
Offer from A&O! :smile:

You're racking them up!
Original post by SXYX
How much time during the holiday do you plan on allocating for spring schemes? Just had a talk with my uni's careers advisor, and she thinks that a week long scheme with CC and a two-day law/consulting programme would be more than enough. A bit worried that I might not have enough time to study, but I still have some applications being processed:/

I think you'd be fine personally, so long as you are organised with the way you study. I currently have 3 weeks of internships (CC & Goldman Sachs) over Easter and am carrying on with it. Just make sure you stay on top of your work, utilise your weekends and are sensible and I don't think it should be an issue!

Original post by Lucilou101
Congrats! You are so great at this aha

Original post by iano101
You're racking them up!

Aha thanks guys!
Reply 163
I think you'd be fine personally, so long as you are organised with the way you study. I currently have 3 weeks of internships (CC & Goldman Sachs) over Easter and am carrying on with it. Just make sure you stay on top of your work, utilise your weekends and are sensible and I don't think it should be an issue!

Aha thanks guys!

Congrats!! :smile:

I think I might withdraw some applications though, e.g. Barclays at final interview stage. My first year syllabus includes criminal + public + contract + tort + 2 other jurisprudence-ish courses, so there is a lot to study :frown:
Original post by SXYX
Congrats!! :smile:

I think I might withdraw some applications though, e.g. Barclays at final interview stage. My first year syllabus includes criminal + public + contract + tort + 2 other jurisprudence-ish courses, so there is a lot to study :frown:

Depends how you feel - if you got Barclays it would look great though. Same, we do all of those but something more politically focussed than the jurisprudence ones you mentioned. It's all down to what you think you can manage, if you think it would be too much then do withdraw, but if you think you can handle it then don't - only you know what you can take, don't let a careers person decide.
OK Im filling out some applications and stuck on the main questions unfortunately :/ What sort of answer do we need to give for "why should we consider you for first year events?", also I'm struggling to get much down for the main interests/ extra curricular... does it all have to be law related?
Original post by tom the student
OK Im filling out some applications and stuck on the main questions unfortunately :/ What sort of answer do we need to give for "why should we consider you for first year events?", also I'm struggling to get much down for the main interests/ extra curricular... does it all have to be law related?

For the first question I would talk about skills/qualities and past experience (work/leadership) that would make you a good candidate, along with your own motivations/interest in law/that law firm relating it back to the question. This should be split up into 2/3 paragraphs and fill up most of the word count.

For your second question - no not at all. It is perfectly fine to put down interests/extra curricular activities which are not law related.

Hope that helps!
For the first question I would talk about skills/qualities and past experience (work/leadership) that would make you a good candidate, along with your own motivations/interest in law/that law firm relating it back to the question. This should be split up into 2/3 paragraphs and fill up most of the word count.

For your second question - no not at all. It is perfectly fine to put down interests/extra curricular activities which are not law related.

Hope that helps!

Thanks! - I have only just started to notice that there are first year schemes in the last month or so, so just trying to get my head round it all and get applications done before the deadline.

So I guess for the first one it is a bit like a more sophisticated legal UCAS personal statement?

Also do we just put N/A for our module/degree results?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 168
Anyone in Simmons & Simmons spring insight scheme?
Did not enjoy the Watson test..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iano101
Did not enjoy the Watson test..

Posted from TSR Mobile

For Hogan Lovells? Can never tell how well you've done..
For Hogan Lovells? Can never tell how well you've done..

Yeah, reason why - was I finished the test then accidentally swiped back out of the test then entered again, all my answers had been wiped and I had like 10 minutes to fill it all in again..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RohinGD
Has anyone had any communication with Herbert Smith or Shearman & Sterling after submitting their applications?

Original post by SXYX
For Herbert Smith - got invitation for verbal and logical test, still waiting for update

Shearman - no communication at all :/

Got an offer from Shearman & Sterling on the 13th.
In the offer email they state they're choosing not to interview successful candidates ^.^
Reply 173
Just got phone interview invitation from Hogan Lovells :smile:
Hey, for anyone whose applied for the Herbert Smith first year scheme, do you know if we have an assessment day for it? Their graduate recruitment website doesn't specifically say for that scheme. Just wondering because I did their VR and logical thinking tests last week and haven't received an email yet saying I've failed them which I'm guessing means I've done alright, just waiting to see what the next stage is. Would be nice if they didn't bother haha.
Reply 175
Where's everyone attending the Clifford Chance scheme planning to stay during the program?
Reply 176
Original post by RohinGD
Where's everyone attending the Clifford Chance scheme planning to stay during the program?

Just my uni hall in London! :smile:
You?
Anyone else got Watson Glazer invites for Linklaters? Also does anyone know if Linklaters interviews for the pathfinder scheme?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iano101
Anyone else got Watson Glazer invites for Linklaters? Also does anyone know if Linklaters interviews for the pathfinder scheme?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope - congrats!
Original post by SXYX
Just got phone interview invitation from Hogan Lovells :smile:

Hey, have you had your phone interview yet? As I haven't received one yet and haven't been rejected yet either..

Quick Reply

Latest