The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Omiclops
Just got an email from Mischon de Reya (over a month and a half later!) about a video interview. Any tips on the sort of questions ??

I posted a few pages back with tips for someone else. Good luck!
Original post by FolioImi
Has anyone heard from WFW (postAC), Morgan Lewis, Wedlake Bell or Dechert (post phone interview)? Do you know if they recruit on a rolling basis?

I am applying to Wedlake Bell at the moment - I don't think they recruit on a rolling basis and their deadline isn't until later this month :smile: so don't worry that you haven't heard from them yet
Reply 2822
Anyone got a CMS or Dentons interview next week? Also, has anyone had a CMS or Dentons interview and wish to tell me a bit about what to expect?
Original post by liarpoker
Yeah, still waiting.

Yeah same here... when did you apply?
Reply 2824
How long after AC with Mishcon did people hear back...

Someone told me someone got accepted the same day.

Another got declined a day after...

I have been waiting a week, am I being saved for left over spaces??
Any rejections yet from Kennedys post telephone interview? Haven't heard a thing - don't know whether they are waiting to reject next week
Original post by savagedhearts
Waiting on taylor wessing as well, it's been ages. submitted in beginning of january though so not as long as you have been waiting!

Just heard back so hopefully you will soon too! :smile:
Original post by Omotee
How long after AC with Mishcon did people hear back...

Someone told me someone got accepted the same day.

Another got declined a day after...

I have been waiting a week, am I being saved for left over spaces??

Yea you could possibly be in a maybe pile. I heard the same day that I was successful. They are still inviting people to telephone interviews which is odd. When I asked how many assessment days they were going to have they wouldn't tell me but she did say they would be happening for another few weeks.
Quite a different process to other firms it seems
Reply 2828
I got the same email from Burges Salmon! Guess maybe someone's off sick- surely there'd be no point in them pretending to have a delay?
Reply 2829
Original post by DonnieCA
Yea you could possibly be in a maybe pile. I heard the same day that I was successful. They are still inviting people to telephone interviews which is odd. When I asked how many assessment days they were going to have they wouldn't tell me but she did say they would be happening for another few weeks.

Oh well done.

Maybe pile is the worse, it is very tense.

When was your interview may I ask?
Reply 2830
Olswang phone interview ....next week . Any tips please ?
Original post by Jingojango
Not heard of anyone with an invite to next stage though....maybe some firms are more efficient than others at sifting through the mountain of apps and Squires are just taking their time. Fingers crossed, keep me updated if you hear and I will too. Good luck:smile:

Hi Both

I received a telephone call for an AC invite to SPB on 2 Feb, hopefully you guys will hear soon! Good luck.
Original post by Bindi
Olswang phone interview ....next week . Any tips please ?

When did you apply/hear? Good luck!
Reply 2833
Original post by TrainingChopeful
When did you apply/hear? Good luck!

October ! Had online test 3 weeks ago .Thank you
Original post by DonnieCA

Thanks for that info! Been waiting to hear back after video interview and getting worried that I hadn't heard, though it hasn't been quite two weeks yet. Gives me a bit of hope if ACs are still happening for another few weeks!

Can I ask - did you get a vac scheme offer for easter or summer? Also how long after doing your video interview did you get the AC invite?
Just got an email from CMS saying that I'll find out next week what the assessment centre result is! That was scary!

I'm kinda glad it's past 5 on Friday - no more obessively checking my emails for two whole days!
Reply 2836
Has anyone heard from Fieldfisher post telephone interview?
Original post by Aim-High
Hi Both

I received a telephone call for an AC invite to SPB on 2 Feb, hopefully you guys will hear soon! Good luck.

Well done on the interview! Hope it goes well. When did you apply? I applied on the 31st, right on the deadline. Also, was it a private number that called you and when is your AC? Thanks so much for your help:smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by canoepop
Just got an email from CMS saying that I'll find out next week what the assessment centre result is! That was scary!

I'm kinda glad it's past 5 on Friday - no more obessively checking my emails for two whole days!

Monday may be a pretty day for me, hearing back from two interviews and possibly being able to decide where I will be this summer!
Original post by TheHairyArmenian
Same here. Oh well, onwards and upwards. The Open Day is probably because vac scheme applications far outweigh TC applications, and they want to give insights for applicants who may have a shot at the TC. SM only give 46% of vac schemers a TC.

Source? I've read it's much lower ...(29%)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending