The Student Room Group

are you more excited for valentines or pancake day?

Can we start a debate on this please?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by louieee
Can we start a debate on this please?

Pancake day 100%

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hate pancakes, so.. :tongue:
I love pancakes and I have no one to love.
Hate pancakes. But I'm single so valentines day is just another day to be honest, I wouldn't really say that I was excited for either.
Reply 5
*shrove tuesday

i was disgusted with Nutella's advert trying to capitalise on shrove tuesday. is there no day the heathens will not keep holy?
Reply 6
My girlfriend is a pancake so this is quite the dilemma
Pancake day all the way!!
You can rely on pancakes to always be there, whereas on Valentine's day, you never know if you're going to have a date to celebrate it with..
Original post by RobML

Hahaha sounds like you're in a bit of a pickle :holmes:
Reply 9
Original post by og.east
*shrove tuesday

i was disgusted with Nutella's advert trying to capitalise on shrove tuesday. is there no day the heathens will not keep holy?

Shrove Tuesday names it as a religious day, pancakes stemming from that as a traditional thing to do but baring in mind that I am not religious, I retain the right to call it pancake day because to many of us that's all it really is.

Original post by _Charlotte15
Pancake day 100%

A flat piece of dirty fried fat with diabetes on top is better than the miracle of love and all that is beautiful? Okay.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by SeanFM
I love pancakes and I have no one to love.

Valentines day is also about finding someone to love and celebrating the amor all around is, and I'm sure love is more fantastical than a bit of eggy poo.

Original post by tabithacrazy
Hate pancakes. But I'm single so valentines day is just another day to be honest, I wouldn't really say that I was excited for either.

Appreciate the fact that other people are engaging in romance and that empathy and affection are being celebrated worldwide for a day, heave knows we need a day dedicated to these dwindling entities. Use valentines day as an opportunity to spread the love from deep inside your heart, and maybe you won't be single for much longer? Or else just buy chocolate for a friend to let them know you care. These gifts of affection are too rare nowadays and while it's a shame we need a day to remind us, at least something is being done to help us understand what it means to be human.

Original post by RobML

Why don't you take a little nibble of her :3
Reply 10
World Book Day.
Original post by Mackay
World Book Day.

I miss world book day back in primary :frown: hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by Changing Skies
I hate pancakes, so.. :tongue:

Pancakes are lovely what are you sayiing.

Original post by Naima_786
Pancake day all the way!!
You can rely on pancakes to always be there, whereas on Valentine's day, you never know if you're going to have a date to celebrate it with..

Valentines day is all about celebrating the gift of love in every shape, pancake day is about gorging on tacky flaps.
Reply 13
Original post by Mackay
World Book Day.

yea but did I give world book day as an option though? nah cause' it ain't be happenin' in the next week fam

but though feel free to put across your opinion on why it's the bestest because a three-way contest will be more interesting
Original post by louieee
yea but did I give world book day as an option though? nah cause' it ain't be happenin' in the next week fam

but though feel free to put across your opinion on why it's the bestest because a three-way contest will be more interesting

Fam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Err, neither to be totally honest...
Reply 16

what.

Original post by Multitalented me
Err, neither to be totally honest...

valentines day is about celebrating what it means to be human by promoting love of all forms. Pancake day offers tasty food. Also pancake day is about getting rid of the bad stuff so as to allow a period of recollection of health afterwards and heaven knows we all need that. You must have some positive feelings about them?
Reply 17
Pancake Day.

You get to double figures in a relationship and you really do start to appreciate pancakes.
Original post by louieee
Valentines day is all about celebrating the gift of love in every shape, pancake day is about gorging on tacky flaps.

lol I don't have anything against Valentine's Day, I'm just saying it's unpredictable

:eek: pancakes are so nice and sweet and syrupy!!
Original post by louieee
Shrove Tuesday names it as a religious day, pancakes stemming from that as a traditional thing to do but baring in mind that I am not religious, I retain the right to call it pancake day because to many of us that's all it really is.

Valentines day is also about finding someone to love and celebrating the amor all around is, and I'm sure love is more fantastical than a bit of eggy poo.

Appreciate the fact that other people are engaging in romance and that empathy and affection are being celebrated worldwide for a day, heave knows we need a day dedicated to these dwindling entities. Use valentines day as an opportunity to spread the love from deep inside your heart, and maybe you won't be single for much longer? Or else just buy chocolate for a friend to let them know you care. These gifts of affection are too rare nowadays and while it's a shame we need a day to remind us, at least something is being done to help us understand what it means to be human.

Why don't you take a little nibble of her :3

I agree, it is a shame that we need a day to remind us. But I suppose it's nice though :smile: I'll probably just spend some quality time with friends and family :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest