The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Multimedia Computing at Aston

Hi!

Is anyone planning on doing multimedia computing at Aston for this year, 2015?? :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by S0R0123
Hi!

Is anyone planning on doing multimedia computing at Aston for this year, 2015?? :biggrin:

Hi there, glad to hear you're thinking of studying with us. If you have any questions about Aston or Birmingham in general i would be happy to answer them for you as an Aston graduate and a Brummy of 23 years, i should be able to handle most things you can throw at me. :smile:

Josh
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Aston University
Hi there, glad to hear you're thinking of studying with us. If you have any questions about Aston or Birmingham in general i would be happy to answer them for you as an Aston graduate and a Brummy of 23 years, i should be able to handle most things you can throw at me. :smile:

Josh

Hi!

Thanks! Do you know if we will complete any activities on the application days? If yes, what will they be?

And if I choose to make Aston my firm, what's the minimum grades I would need from ABB/BBB?
Original post by S0R0123
Hi!

Thanks! Do you know if we will complete any activities on the application days? If yes, what will they be?

And if I choose to make Aston my firm, what's the minimum grades I would need from ABB/BBB?

Hi there,

Often if you do, do any activities on an applicant day they will be fun ice breaker style things chosen by your subject leader, often however they just consist of a tour of campus and a few mini lectures about the course or interesting content with it.

We understand all students are worried about getting that important place, but the truth is the requirements differ every year and are subject to things such as how many people have applied to a particular course, how many people have made it their firm choice, government restrictions on student numbers and funding for said course. Often the only guarantee is to firm and hit at least the lowest on the expected entry tariff e.g. BBB.

Good Luck. :smile:
Reply 4
Hi there,

Often if you do, do any activities on an applicant day they will be fun ice breaker style things chosen by your subject leader, often however they just consist of a tour of campus and a few mini lectures about the course or interesting content with it.

We understand all students are worried about getting that important place, but the truth is the requirements differ every year and are subject to things such as how many people have applied to a particular course, how many people have made it their firm choice, government restrictions on student numbers and funding for said course. Often the only guarantee is to firm and hit at least the lowest on the expected entry tariff e.g. BBB.

Good Luck. :smile:

Thank you!

Another question, sorry. Would the activites be with the everyone applying for computer science/or a related computing course. Or would it be with the subject you've chosen e.g. multimedia computing?
Original post by S0R0123
Thank you!

Another question, sorry. Would the activites be with the everyone applying for computer science/or a related computing course. Or would it be with the subject you've chosen e.g. multimedia computing?

Hi there, activities are most likely to be general activities by a wide course area, we don't really have the resources to be that specific on an open day, but honestly don't worry. You won't be quizzed or made to feel inadequate, it'll be a friendly get to know you session. :smile:
Original post by S0R0123
Hi!

Hello!

I'm planning on doing Multimedia Computing this year! :smile: I've just received my offer for it :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by CallumBugajski
Hello!

I'm planning on doing Multimedia Computing this year! :smile: I've just received my offer for it :biggrin:

YAY It's hard to find people doing this course.

Are you planning on going to an application day? :smile:
Original post by S0R0123
YAY It's hard to find people doing this course.

Are you planning on going to an application day? :smile:

I got invited to one in March but it was full even though I just got my offer :frown: So I've emailed them to see what I can do. Are you going to the March one? It says that's the only open day for the course :P
Reply 9
I got invited to one in March but it was full even though I just got my offer :frown: So I've emailed them to see what I can do. Are you going to the March one? It says that's the only open day for the course :P

Oh yeah!! You had to book fast 'cause they go quick. There were actually a few open days-one was in February, but I booked late so I am going to one of the March ones.

Though, that's a shame there isn't any left for you even though you just got your offer. Let me know what happens! You've made me curious haha. :P
Good luck to it! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by S0R0123
Oh yeah!! You had to book fast 'cause they go quick. There were actually a few open days-one was in February, but I booked late so I am going to one of the March ones.

Though, that's a shame there isn't any left for you even though you just got your offer. Let me know what happens! You've made me curious haha. :P

I will :biggrin: Hopefully I emailed the right person :O I emailed [email protected] but I haven't had a reply yet. But I'm guessing, because it's the weekend, they aren't in the office at the moment :P
I'll keep you updated :smile:
You'll have to tell me about the open day in March if I can't go :P
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by S0R0123

I just got a email saying I can attend the open day in March! :biggrin: I'm Really excited :biggrin:
Original post by S0R0123

Just wondered if you need to bring documents to the open day? Because I haven't received anything in the post, just my offer letter. I've just had an email to say about the changed timetable though :P
Just wondered if you need to bring documents to the open day? Because I haven't received anything in the post, just my offer letter. I've just had an email to say about the changed timetable though :P

Hi there,

You shouldn't need any documents at an open day, a process will happen called enrollment in the first few weeks of term after starting as a student here.
Hi there,

You shouldn't need any documents at an open day, a process will happen called enrollment in the first few weeks of term after starting as a student here.

Okay :smile: Thank you :smile: I'm really looking forward to the open day :P
Okay :smile: Thank you :smile: I'm really looking forward to the open day :P

We are looking forward to having you. :smile:
Reply 16

Hi! Sorry for the late reply.
Have you been to the open day? Or when is yours? :smile:
Original post by S0R0123
Hi! Sorry for the late reply.
Have you been to the open day? Or when is yours? :smile:

I went on Saturday :biggrin: We probably saw each other in the computer science lecture room. I think I was in the second to last campus tour group, because I asked a couple of questions at the end. :P Not many people put their hand up for multimedia computing so it must be a really small group. :smile: I was also sitting on the left side of the room as you walk in and around the middle row :biggrin:
Reply 18
I went on Saturday :biggrin: We probably saw each other in the computer science lecture room. I think I was in the second to last campus tour group, because I asked a couple of questions at the end. :P Not many people put their hand up for multimedia computing so it must be a really small group. :smile: I was also sitting on the left side of the room as you walk in and around the middle row :biggrin:

I didn't go on a Saturday, I went in on a Wednesday!

Is it Aston your first choice?
Original post by S0R0123
I didn't go on a Saturday, I went in on a Wednesday!

Is it Aston your first choice?

Oh! Sorry :P And Aston is my first choice :biggrin: I've just booked my accommodation too :biggrin: I really hope I get in :P Did you remember what he said about not reaching the target grades? Did he say you'll be interviewed if you didn't reach them? Because I don't know if I heard right :P

Quick Reply

Latest