The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Kings College London Nursing Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

I had it on thursday 6th of feb. Got an interview at notthingham and cardiff to do first. How about yourself ?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by fairplaytoyou
I'm sorry to hear that, but you've done excellent to get to that stage so I'm sure you've got a good chance of an offer. Out of curiosity, were the examiners the same admissions officers who were at the front during the tests?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks but we will see!!
I had a lady with red hair do the english and maths test, whom I saw after the test, but no I hadn't seen the examiners before.
Original post by Charliea18
I had it on thursday 6th of feb. Got an interview at notthingham and cardiff to do first. How about yourself ?

Congratulations on your offer!!
Reply 123
Original post by mongul90
You only speak to 6 interviewers, 10 minutes with the first interviewers and 5 minutes each with the rest. They will ask you different questions. You are asked to leave the station after 10/5 minutes. To help you to understand, it's bit like a speed dating. The point of MMI is to see whether applicants can cope with busy, stressful environment which is similar to the wards at hospital. I suppose nurses have to shift their minds into different patients so that must be the point of speaking to different interviewers for a short period of time.

So it's just a normal interview - asking the normal questions but with diferent interviewees

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have a received an offer!! Yayyy
Original post by turng006
I have a received an offer!! Yayyy

congrats!!!

child adult or mh? xx
Original post by emferrer
congrats!!!

child adult or mh? xx

Thankyou!! So chuffed, want to firm it but have to wait til April to hear back from Canterbury which is so frustrating! Adult nursing, and you? x
Original post by turng006
Thankyou!! So chuffed, want to firm it but have to wait til April to hear back from Canterbury which is so frustrating! Adult nursing, and you? x

child nursing, i had my interview on 20th jan and still not heard anything, they said end of this week or beginning of next when i rang them xxx
Hi! I have received an offer to do adult nursing starting in September and I was wondering has anyone starting applying for accomodation or know which is best for this course?
I want to apply for accomodation near kings college hospital. Because apparently where you are living is where your most likely to have you placement for the 3 years. Thinking of champion hill residence; as its right near the hospital!
Do Kings generally reply quickly with selection day results? I only had the tests on the day because I live in London, and my 7 days since is on Wednesday so I was wondering if I should expect a response then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It took over a week for me to find out
I rang them and they told me over the phone that I had passed. So always worth a shot
Original post by Catherinetx
Hi! I have received an offer to do adult nursing starting in September and I was wondering has anyone starting applying for accomodation or know which is best for this course?

You can't apply till April 6 :smile: I'm thinking of applying to Wolfson House since it's one of the cheapest ones and its only a 30 minute walk to Waterloo! How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow congrats. Had a MMI on the same day as you (11th Feb, I believe?) and am still waiting. Anyone received an offer who had a MMI with us?? I had been pretty calm with all these waiting but knowing this is the final stage I feel so restless.... =(
Original post by mongul90
Wow congrats. Had a MMI on the same day as you (11th Feb, I believe?) and am still waiting. Anyone received an offer who had a MMI with us?? I had been pretty calm with all these waiting but knowing this is the final stage I feel so restless.... =(

if your adult or mental health, it seems like theyve gotten back to those branches quicker than child :/
i had my mmi on 20th feb and still not heard xx
I have my interview for Kings soon. What sort of questions were you asked? Did they give you scenarios or was it mainly normal interview questions?x
Original post by smariakatrina
You can't apply till April 6 :smile: I'm thinking of applying to Wolfson House since it's one of the cheapest ones and its only a 30 minute walk to Waterloo! How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I quite like the look of moonraker point!
Original post by Kegga123
I have applied for children's nursing and was offered tests and MMI on 17 February but am unable to make this date so waiting for a reschedule date. Does anyone know what dates there are for interviews after 17 Feb? Also has anyone been offered a place for children's nursing yet?

xx

hey I also couldn't attend on the 17th so I am still waiting for a reschedule date. Have you heard back from Kings yet?x
Reply 139
Just heard back from King's after my selection day on 21st January, have an MMI for child PgDip on 4th March. Is anyone else coming on this day!?

Quick Reply

Latest