The Student Room Group

The "I Still haven't got any offers yet" Thread.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AlectoDark
Got my first offer, too-ok, it's conditional, but YEAH :biggrin: I - am - so - happy! :biggrin: Hold on, people, you'll recieve good news soon, too, I hope :smile:

Where? Course?
Original post by sydneybridge
Where? Course?

Aberdeen, computing science :smile:
Aberdeen, computing science :smile:

Do you live here? Just a word of warning, it's not the most exciting of places.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Do you live here? Just a word of warning, it's not the most exciting of places.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, I don't live there, and I don't know anything about the city or something... But, I would be happy if you could say me a few things about the city or the university :smile: Thank you :smile:
Its the North Sea capital of Scotland - solid Oil Industry,
Original post by sydneybridge
Its the North Sea capital of Scotland - solid Oil Industry,

Yes, but you can't see the wealth. Most of the money is not invested into the city and is rather offshored to some low tax haven.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys, the real pain is having to wait months to hear if you have interviews, then wait months until you have your interviews and THEN wait weeks/ months to hear if you have any offers...

That sucks

(Although for me I waited less than 2 days between my interview and my offer but I know people who waited weeks)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 347
So true..I know there's lots of us to get through but waiting months to get date for interview then eventually have interview and it still takes weeks after that...not sure why you wait that long for certain interview results...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Plus I didn't get my first offer until feb 13th and I sent my UCAS early November but luckily it was from my first choice uni and ten minutes later I got an offer from my third choice and two days after an offer from my second choice so time isn't necessarily bad!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 349
My application went in first week December and three offers came in within 7-10days but then I waited till January for one and then got an interview invite at end of January which I've since been to but now waiting to hear how it went - then its decision time, not long but seems long when you are told within a week or two...lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 350
Last offer in now decision time

Posted from TSR Mobile
Waited forever, but finally got an IR offer at SOAS and an ESPS offer at UCL!
No, I don't live there, and I don't know anything about the city or something... But, I would be happy if you could say me a few things about the city or the university :smile: Thank you :smile:

Aberdonian here... the campus to the university is seriously beautiful :biggrin: and the parks near by are amazing... however the city is very isolated, as in once you've done everything... there isn't much to do... like nothing changes much... at all.... we have like... four cinemas... :biggrin: :redface: and the main shopping mall union square... aside from that the city can be extremely dull. Any questions queries feel free to ask! (3rd year living here and now also heading for uni xD)
Original post by morrisk
Aberdonian here... the campus to the university is seriously beautiful :biggrin: and the parks near by are amazing... however the city is very isolated, as in once you've done everything... there isn't much to do... like nothing changes much... at all.... we have like... four cinemas... :biggrin: :redface: and the main shopping mall union square... aside from that the city can be extremely dull. Any questions queries feel free to ask! (3rd year living here and now also heading for uni xD)

Ha. 3 years, get in line! :tongue: 10 years now! :cool:

Yeah, I remember when Union Square didn't exist, everyone was split between Trinity and Bon Accord. Those dreary, dreary days.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ha. 3 years, get in line! :tongue: 10 years now! :cool:

Yeah, I remember when Union Square didn't exist, everyone was split between Trinity and Bon Accord. Those dreary, dreary days.

Dang xD wow *bows humbly* :eek: you go to uni here? :smile:
Original post by morrisk
Dang xD wow *bows humbly* :eek: you go to uni here? :smile:

Haha, nah, just secondary school. I've applied to mostly English schools (except Edinburgh) as I kind of want to find out what the rest of the UK is like.

Hopefully heading to Nottingham for Comp Sci and AI this September.
Haha, nah, just secondary school. I've applied to mostly English schools (except Edinburgh) as I kind of want to find out what the rest of the UK is like.

Hopefully heading to Nottingham for Comp Sci and AI this September.

ahh, I lived in Nottingham for a while :smile: it is very close to the countryside and well connected :biggrin: , as as a city its like a brighter (sunnier) more open plan edinburgh! *if you have any questions just say :smile: *

im from dundee, and my cousin went to aberdeen university and studied international law. she had two jobs and a student loan whilst being there and said it was very expensive compared to other cities!!!
3 rejections so far. One from west England today, liverpool john moores two days after submitting my application and manchester met two weeks ago, oddly my top three choices. Just waiting to hear back from Cardiff met and bath spa, not sure when they'll reply :frown:
Around this time last year my friends were having auditions and interviews for universities, but all I've got is rejections so far, I just want to know if I've got two more so I can apply for Extra asap

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hollyvee
3 rejections so far.

Remember, if you dont get any offers at all, you will be eligible for Extra : https://www.ucas.com/sites/default/files/extra-applicant-faqs.pdf
So start looking at possible alternatives and phoning Unis to see if they will have that course in Extra.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending