The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Omotee
Oh well done.

Maybe pile is the worse, it is very tense.

When was your interview may I ask?

Video interview submitted mid jan. assessment day Wednesday just passed
Reply 2841
Hey, just wondering what news stories people talked about in their interviews?
Original post by elmopsk
Thanks for that info! Been waiting to hear back after video interview and getting worried that I hadn't heard, though it hasn't been quite two weeks yet. Gives me a bit of hope if ACs are still happening for another few weeks!

Can I ask - did you get a vac scheme offer for easter or summer? Also how long after doing your video interview did you get the AC invite?

Got AC invite two weeks after submitting video interview. They let me choose which vac I wanted. I chose Easter
Original post by Jingojango
Well done on the interview! Hope it goes well. When did you apply? I applied on the 31st, right on the deadline. Also, was it a private number that called you and when is your AC? Thanks so much for your help:smile:

Hey - I applied a few days before the deadline. No the office number came up - I didn't answer and they left me voicemail asking me to call them back. Its on 24 Feb. Which office did you apply to? Good luck and have faith they do take ages to get back to you!
PFO from Bond Dickinson :frown:
Anyone know where to get practice e-tray exercises for Linklaters? I've done the one on Linklaters' website, and the one on Cubiks is more consultancy based than law firm based. Thank you!
Akin Gump (formerly Bingham) interview!!!! Anyone have any tips? Interview for early next week. They've kept most of the layout/grad rec process from Bingham the same, despite the Akin Gump buyout, so if anyone has any experience with Bingham please PM me ASAP. Thanks so much.
Reply 2847
Hi - has anyone heard anything from BLP after sitting the verbal analysis test?
Original post by TheHairyArmenian
Same here. Oh well, onwards and upwards. The Open Day is probably because vac scheme applications far outweigh TC applications, and they want to give insights for applicants who may have a shot at the TC. SM only give 46% of vac schemers a TC.

are you going?
Original post by lsekid
Akin Gump (formerly Bingham) interview!!!! Anyone have any tips? Interview for early next week. They've kept most of the layout/grad rec process from Bingham the same, despite the Akin Gump buyout, so if anyone has any experience with Bingham please PM me ASAP. Thanks so much.

That's amazing! Congrats! When did you apply if I may ask? I sent off an application to them on the 31st Jan.
Reply 2850
Original post by liarpoker
Nope, that's on Friday - I can try and let you know after that date. There is a slight chance, I might not attend (i.e if I were to receive an offer before that date from a preferred firm)

Hey! :smile:
Did you attend the Nabarro AC today in the end? How was it and how many attended?
Original post by gman10
Hey, just wondering what news stories people talked about in their interviews?

BBC News Business Section is a good place to start...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by liarpoker
Monday may be a pretty day for me, hearing back from two interviews and possibly being able to decide where I will be this summer!

Ohhh! Good luck! I hope you get two awesome offers!
Original post by FolioImi
Has anyone heard from WFW (postAC), Morgan Lewis, Wedlake Bell or Dechert (post phone interview)? Do you know if they recruit on a rolling basis?

Still waiting to hear from Morgan Lewis, as far as I'm aware they don't recruit on a rolling basis :smile:
Original post by gman10
Anyone got a CMS or Dentons interview next week? Also, has anyone had a CMS or Dentons interview and wish to tell me a bit about what to expect?

Dentons is just 5/6 competency based questions then a couple of standard questions about you/the firm :smile:
Reply 2855
Original post by ckeeling
Dentons is just 5/6 competency based questions then a couple of standard questions about you/the firm :smile:

Thanks! Did you interview there? How long was the interview?
Has anyone attended a Bristows first round interview? Terrified!
Original post by pink_floyd
Just heard back so hopefully you will soon too! :smile:

Did you get an AC invite? I still haven't heard and it's so frustrating!
K & L Gates offer :biggrin:
How long have people generally had to wait to hear back from Travers Smith post interview? -

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending