The Student Room Group

HM Passport Office (Grade 1/Grade 3?)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
Original post by Graygray
Just another email to say the deadline today can't be met...

Did they say why or when you will likely hear?
Original post by Jukie
Did they say why or when you will likely hear?

I just got it as well......

Thank you for your interest for the role of Support Officer (PO1), Liverpool Customer Contact Centre at Her Majesty's Passport Office.

We are very sorry to advise that we are not yet able to provide you with an update on your application.

We can only thank you for your ongoing patience, and would like to assure you that we are working towards doing so as soon as possible.

We shall be in touch via email the moment we are able to do so. We hope that this will be by the end of next week.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies for the continued delay.

Best regards,

HMPO Resourcing Support Team.
Reply 482
You have to laugh!! Its incredible why is it so difficult?
I have had contact from recruitment manager asking notice period, shift patterns preferences etc but still no start date!!
Original post by Jukie
You have to laugh!! Its incredible why is it so difficult?
I have had contact from recruitment manager asking notice period, shift patterns preferences etc but still no start date!!

All any of us want to know is if we have a job or not. A task I don't believe warrants the time frame they are taking at the moment. I know I keep banging on about it, but nearly 10 weeks since my interview and all I would like is a simple yes or no. I am gobsmacked as to why it is taking so long...
Reply 484
Original post by missfohal
I'm in Liverpool and still waiting to hear if I even have a job....10 weeks on Thursday .......

Fingers crossed it's worth the wait and get it tho and then u will have to wait all over again for checks etc but it is known for bein a long process
Reply 485
Original post by nokia8210
Thank you Jen. Are you London or Liverpool? I would give them a call and chase it up. That's exactly what I'll be doing tomorrow.

I'm liverpool it's a brand new contact centre tho apparently so Prob y taking longer Prob have to throughly train the team leaders and iron out teething probs so I'll prob give it a few weeks before chasing up
Reply 486
Original post by jen89
I'm liverpool it's a brand new contact centre tho apparently so Prob y taking longer Prob have to throughly train the team leaders and iron out teething probs so I'll prob give it a few weeks before chasing up

Have you received shift preference form?
Reply 487
Original post by Jukie
Have you received shift preference form?

Yeah didn't realise we would be doin set shifts thought it would be Rota hopefully get preferred shifts fingers crossed
Reply 488
Original post by jen89
Yeah didn't realise we would be doin set shifts thought it would be Rota hopefully get preferred shifts fingers crossed

Yes I thought it would be a rota. Hopefully we may get to know next week as form had to be in by Monday. Not worried about what start date just want to know plus what shift I get etc.
I received the email with start dates today. Finally the wait is over! I can hand in my resignation now.
Reply 490
I received the email with start dates today. Finally the wait is over! I can hand in my resignation now.

Congrats hope all goes well.
Reply 491
Original post by Jukie
Yes I thought it would be a rota. Hopefully we may get to know next week as form had to be in by Monday. Not worried about what start date just want to know plus what shift I get etc.

Yeah I'm hopin coz we found out straight away that works in favour so get preference in regards to shifts may not tho but wouldn't fancy permantly doin lates ha
Reply 492

That's great news! Congrats!

Did they by any chance email you that all pre employment checks were completed after receiving security clearance?
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi Paulas and Jukie

On Thursday I received notification of CTC clearance, and the following day (yesterday) they emailed me saying all my pre-employemnt checks are complete and gave me an option of 4 start dates.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi Nokia, how long was it b4 u got an email to say ur ctc checks were complete? I havnt heard anythin & they hav had my complete forms for 2 weeks! Also wat start dates cud u choose from?
Any light on the matter is appreciated
Hi Dottie

I sent my completed my security application on Friday and they notified me on Thursday the following week so 7 days in total for the secuirty clearance. A day later I was given a choice of start dates which were 7th, 13th, 20th and 27th March. It took 8 days from when I submitted my secuirty application to receive a start date. I would advise you to chase it up via email to get an update.
Reply 496
What was the starting salary does anybody who has had contract o already started know as on application was a range just curious
Reply 497
Original post by jen89
What was the starting salary does anybody who has had contract o already started know as on application was a range just curious

Normally in civil service you start on bottom rate then get an increment each year until you hit higher rate.
Reply 498
Original post by Yazdani_uk
I got the online vetting on 31st dec and sent on same day and was asked for reference on 05/01 and then again on 15/01 since then no further update still waiting to revive clearance certificate

Hey, have you heard from them yet?
Reply 499
Original post by Dottie1234
Hi Nokia, how long was it b4 u got an email to say ur ctc checks were complete? I havnt heard anythin & they hav had my complete forms for 2 weeks! Also wat start dates cud u choose from?
Any light on the matter is appreciated

Any news?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending