The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by paige09
Hey! What I have been doing is light revision from around Christmas time, so about 2-3 hours a day - some days, I won't lie I've hardly done any and then yes I have felt extremely guilty :frown: but as February is here now, I am going to start my proper revision, I am going to aim for about 4-5 hours a day, with the odd day doing no revision just as a break. However, it really depends on you as a person, so for me, it takes a while to learn everything, so a few months of proper revision will be really beneficial, especially as I am resitting my A2 biology modules and there's tonnes to learn for that :s-smilie:. For others, they may only need a couple of months/ a few weeks for revision.
For revision itself, I would definitely recommend flash cards and mindmaps (particularly useful if you're a visual learner) and of course lots of past papers
Hope this helps and good luck for your exams! :smile:

Thank you for your reply! :smile: it's nice to get someone else's opinion, thank you for the advice :biggrin: x
Hi All!!!

It's awesome you're taking part in this competition, and thank you all for the blogs you've started so far!!! If you haven't had a PM from Puddles yet, you can always drop her a PM to get them verified!

Also, feel free to discuss the competition and tips and tricks in this thread!!!

If you have any problems you can PM or quote me (mobbsy91), Gingerbread101 or Puddles the Monkey!

Good luck!

Spoiler

Reply 22
Original post by xjaye
Thank you for your reply! :smile: it's nice to get someone else's opinion, thank you for the advice :biggrin: x

Hey! No problem :smile: x
Original post by hosockz
Would be nice if anyone on here can tutor me

for sciencey stuff

Which science and what level? I might be able to help you
Original post by hosockz
Would be nice if anyone on here can tutor me

for sciencey stuff

You can ask any science questions you have in the Science forums: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=51
Original post by mobbsy91
Hi All!!!

It's awesome you're taking part in this competition, and thank you all for the blogs you've started so far!!! If you haven't had a PM from Puddles yet, you can always drop her a PM to get them verified!

Also, feel free to discuss the competition and tips and tricks in this thread!!!

If you have any problems you can PM or quote me (mobbsy91), Gingerbread101 or Puddles the Monkey!

Good luck!

Spoiler

Well...this is embarrassing....
I'm having difficulties sending my email to Puddles the Monkey. It won't let me attach a photo to the email. In the insert image option, it only gives the option to enter a internet URL.
Help? I'm stuck.
Original post by kishette
I'm having difficulties sending my email to Puddles the Monkey. It won't let me attach a photo to the email. In the insert image option, it only gives the option to enter a internet URL.
Help? I'm stuck.

I'd suggest uploading the image on tinypic or something and then using that link to put the photo in. :yy:
Original post by usycool1
I'd suggest uploading the image on tinypic or something and then using that link to put the photo in. :yy:

Original post by kishette
Help? I'm stuck.

Ahhh, stealing my thunder, but as Usy suggested :wink:
Slightly gutted to have not found this last year when sitting my IB (and 2 years before with my highers, and a year before that with my standard grades...)!
Ohh well... Good luck to all doing it!
Hi everyone,

I reckon you're just about ready for half term break! We hope you have a lovely hols :h:

Puddles has written a brilliant article on how you can make the most of your break to get your studies in the best shape ready for revision time here

For all you grade growers we have a task for you :rave:

Set a goal for your studies in your blog this weekend or early next week in your blogs and update your progress and whether you've achieved your goal by the end of half term!

Share a link to your goal in this thread so we can all support each other :h:

:woo:

Spoiler

Original post by She-Ra
Hi everyone,

I reckon you're just about ready for half term break! We hope you have a lovely hols :h:

Puddles has written a brilliant article on how you can make the most of your break to get your studies in the best shape ready for revision time here

Set a goal for your studies in your blog this weekend or early next week in your blogs and update your progress and whether you've achieved your goal by the end of half term!

Spoiler

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3122017&page=2&p=53619681#post53619681 :smile:

Awesome Catherine! Good luck with all that! And have a great half term!
Reply 32
Original post by She-Ra
Hi everyone,

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3105917&p=53620059#post53620059 :^_^:
Original post by She-Ra
Hi everyone,

Spoiler

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=53620705&postcount=9
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3108583
Original post by She-Ra
Hi everyone,

Spoiler

Hope everyone has a brill half term :woo:

Original post by mobbsy91
Awesome Catherine! Good luck with all that! And have a great half term!

:rave: Awesome stuff on the goal setting you guys! That was quick of the mark!

4 down 95 goals to go :lol:

We have 99 blogs now!! :woo:
I have a quote in that post I didn't even know about :banana::boing:
Reply 38
Hello,
Just one question, when does half term start and end? I'm not in school and I have no idea what the dates are :')
Thank you!
Original post by Atunu
Hello,
Just one question, when does half term start and end? I'm not in school and I have no idea what the dates are :')
Thank you!
from today and back to school on 23rd:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending