The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Klintman
Hi guys, what are you aiming for, come GCSE time? Love, Klint.

Posted from TSR Mobile

X number of A*s would be great (I'm keeping that number to myself for now).

um well im doing 6 gcses (i did 7 last year) so 4 A*s and an A in drama, plus an A* with distinction in aqa further maths.
and i'm doing 3 AS levels and i would like As in them all (though i'd be happy with 2 As and 1 B).
Hey! My name says it all really,(bookworm) my biggest hobby is probably reading haha! I'm in my last year of compulsory schooling and I'm currently trying to find a sixth form that ticks the boxes for me! I'm doing 10 GCSES and I'm hoping for to get 9 A*-B grades and I'm just hoping for a pass in maths! I'm not to sure about future careers but next year I'm hoping to do RE, English Lit & History! I'm also debating between a forth AS and the contenders are Classical Civilisation, Politics, Psychology & Business Studies. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I JUST DID THE MOST STUPID THING OMG im behind on all my coursework so i was told to get it all done during the holidays but i forgot to email it all to myself and my school has closed now idk what to do:confused:
Original post by ♥Samantha♥
I JUST DID THE MOST STUPID THING OMG im behind on all my coursework so i was told to get it all done during the holidays but i forgot to email it all to myself and my school has closed now idk what to do:confused:

Well, my school is open during the holidays. Pherhaps email one of your teachers, to possibly find out if you can go to school any of the days.
Reply 4065
Original post by ♥Samantha♥
um well im doing 6 gcses (i did 7 last year) so 4 A*s and an A in drama, plus an A* with distinction in aqa further maths.
and i'm doing 3 AS levels and i would like As in them all (though i'd be happy with 2 As and 1 B).

well donee!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4066

well im doing 12 gcses i hope to get 6 or 7a* already got one in eng language but im finding literature harder as i got low b in 1st draft of coursework i hope to get the rest a's but fsmq maths is soo hard did a test yday every 10 percent is a grade higher but im sure i got a u!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bookworm2015
Hey! My name says it all really,(bookworm) my biggest hobby is probably reading haha! I'm in my last year of compulsory schooling and I'm currently trying to find a sixth form that ticks the boxes for me! I'm doing 10 GCSES and I'm hoping for to get 9 A*-B grades and I'm just hoping for a pass in maths! I'm not to sure about future careers but next year I'm hoping to do RE, English Lit & History! I'm also debating between a forth AS and the contenders are Classical Civilisation, Politics, Psychology & Business Studies. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello :hello: I'm a huge bookworm too haha :biggrin: I'm also just hoping for a pass in Maths GCSE!

Those are good subjects :smile: I'm doing English Lit, Psychology, Politics and either Sociology or R.S :smile:

haha thank uuuu xx
Original post by Purple-Pixie
Hello :hello: I'm a huge bookworm too haha :biggrin: I'm also just hoping for a pass in Maths GCSE!

Those are good subjects :smile: I'm doing English Lit, Psychology, Politics and either Sociology or R.S :smile:

Books are brill! I'm terrible at maths, I'm just praying to pass haha! We're very similar with the subjects, those are right up my street! What GCSES are you currently doing? I picked English Lit, History, Geography & Business Studies! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bookworm2015
Books are brill! I'm terrible at maths, I'm just praying to pass haha! We're very similar with the subjects, those are right up my street! What GCSES are you currently doing? I picked English Lit, History, Geography & Business Studies! :smile: Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha yeah they are :biggrin: I'm praying that I'll pass too, I'll be so annoyed if I have to retake Maths while doing my A Levels :frown: Yeah our subjects are quite similar :smile: My GCSE subjects are English Lit, English Lang, Maths, Double Science, ICT, Psychology, Spanish and R.S. I wish I'd chosen History instead of ICT though!
Original post by ha27
well im doing 12 gcses i hope to get 6 or 7a* already got one in eng language but im finding literature harder as i got low b in 1st draft of coursework i hope to get the rest a's but fsmq maths is soo hard did a test yday every 10 percent is a grade higher but im sure i got a u!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought teachers aren't meant to mark drafts :confused:
i going to end up having to retake GCSE maths next year, i know it.
Reply 4073
Original post by Jitesh
I thought teachers aren't meant to mark drafts :confused:

for coursework you can not controlled assessment

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midnightmemories

What part of maths do you find hard?

I think it'll be good to prioritise it now because it will just be another year/more to worry about next year if you retake :s-smilie:

I'm going to try doing half a maths past paper each day... my maths is getting rusty because we covered the course in year 9/10 but didn't take the test :rolleyes:

Stupid Gove
YOOOOO THIS IS FOR MY FELLOW NON-CHOSEN-ONES (OR WEIRDLY SMART ONES) IN MATHS, I FOUND THIS WEBSITE AND ITS LIKE IT'S BEEN WRITTEN BY GODS

https://keshgcsemaths.wordpress.com/gcse-maths-takeaway/

My maths teacher uses it all the time. If you find a topic hard/need to improve, indulge on this! It tells you what grade your worksheet is too. Go craaaaazzyyyy

Sorry if you've already used this website :colondollar:

Same, but I need a B for A level psychology :mad:
Original post by Jitesh
What part of maths do you find hard?

I think it'll be good to prioritise it now because it will just be another year/more to worry about next year if you retake :s-smilie:

I'm going to try doing half a maths past paper each day... my maths is getting rusty because we covered the course in year 9/10 but didn't take the test :rolleyes:

Stupid Gove

I'm just struggling with a lot and I'm barely passing any of my GCSE's. I'm going to college next year and when i did my interview to get my place they said that if i end up taking English and Maths again it's fine and it just means that i need to go in another day a week... (course I'm doing is three days a week... :P )
I'm just struggling with a lot and I'm barely passing any of my GCSE's. I'm going to college next year and when i did my interview to get my place they said that if i end up taking English and Maths again it's fine and it just means that i need to go in another day a week... (course I'm doing is three days a week... :P )

Ahh :/

Are you doing a-levels next year? Which ones if so?
Original post by Jitesh
Ahh :/

Are you doing a-levels next year? Which ones if so?

I'm not doing A levels next year, i'm doing a NVQ Level 2 in Beauty Therapy. :smile: (wanted to ease myself into college by doing something at level 2... :smile: )

Latest