The Student Room Group

Really attracted to a super confusing guy... help?

It's a long story, but I essentially told this guy I found him attractive. Weird stuff happened, but the point is that he knows I think he's attractive.
Lately, I've noticed him staring at me. I might turn my head and see he's staring at me. We maintain eye contact for about 10 seconds, then one of us turns away, usually me. This happens all the time, all around the school and especially in the common area for Year 11s/sixth formers and in assembly. He also does this weird thing where he may be leaving a room, but after seeing me enter it, he'll remain there uncessarily. He once stayed in front of a computer for a good 30 minutes, handwriting an essay with nothing on the screen in front of him. Is that normal..? He makes a point of talking to pretty much everybody around me other than me. Today one of my friends approached him and chatted to him. Said friend then turned around and started talking to me about a competition that we were doing together. The guy then interrupted our conversation to loudly ask my friend what we were doing, whilst completely ignoring me.
I don't know what his problem is? I don't think he likes me, because he didn't do/say anything about the attractive comment. Admittedly, he did have a girlfriend in the year above at that point, but still. Anybody willing to shed some light on this?

The problem is worsened by the fact that I do find him really attractive. He's pretty much my type in a living, breathing form. Seriously, every time he strolls past me, I find it difficult to breathe. WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
It's a long story, but I essentially told this guy I found him attractive. Weird stuff happened, but the point is that he knows I think he's attractive.
Lately, I've noticed him staring at me. I might turn my head and see he's staring at me. We maintain eye contact for about 10 seconds, then one of us turns away, usually me. This happens all the time, all around the school and especially in the common area for Year 11s/sixth formers and in assembly. He also does this weird thing where he may be leaving a room, but after seeing me enter it, he'll remain there uncessarily. He once stayed in front of a computer for a good 30 minutes, handwriting an essay with nothing on the screen in front of him. Is that normal..? He makes a point of talking to pretty much everybody around me other than me. Today one of my friends approached him and chatted to him. Said friend then turned around and started talking to me about a competition that we were doing together. The guy then interrupted our conversation to loudly ask my friend what we were doing, whilst completely ignoring me.
I don't know what his problem is? I don't think he likes me, because he didn't do/say anything about the attractive comment. Admittedly, he did have a girlfriend in the year above at that point, but still. Anybody willing to shed some light on this?

The problem is worsened by the fact that I do find him really attractive. He's pretty much my type in a living, breathing form. Seriously, every time he strolls past me, I find it difficult to breathe. WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME.

does he still have a girlfriend?

Also, why do you think he doesn't like you?

He does sound pretty weird lol. It sounds like he may be interested. try to strike up another casual conversation with him, see what vibes he gives off
Reply 3
does he still have a girlfriend?

Also, why do you think he doesn't like you?

Nope, they broke up.

Surely he would say something if he did? I'm not exactly a stunner either XD

Original post by Lionheart96
He does sound pretty weird lol. It sounds like he may be interested. try to strike up another casual conversation with him, see what vibes he gives off

I'll definitely try. He's always surrounded by friends so it's difficult
Reply 4
We maintain eye contact for about 10 seconds

10 seconds! That's a life time. Or do you mean 1? Even if you mean 1sec, it's still good. Maintaining eye contact for a prolonged period is a good sign.
(edited 9 years ago)

Short answer he likes you. His probably waiting for the right time to ask you out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

As poster above said, I think he likes you. Seems like he's just not sure how to tell you.
Bluntly he might just not like you? But go up to him and ask why, you're not going to get the answer's otherwise, anyway no regrets right... Good Luck
Reply 8
Bumping this with a few more updates:
So the last few weeks have continued in the same way- he's always glancing at me, but looks away when he sees me looking. I don't know what this means- does he like me?
And even if he DID like me, it's not like he could do anything - my year is super segregated and he's pretty much the most popular guy in the year. I'm not popular, just friendly with most people.
So the last few weeks have continued in the same way- he's always glancing at me, but looks away when he sees me looking. I don't know what this means- does he like me?
And even if he DID like me, it's not like he could do anything - my year is super segregated and he's pretty much the most popular guy in the year. I'm not popular, just friendly with most people.

From my perspective, and I'm no love guru, it seems like he's craving the attention. He recognises you adore him, and he gets some form of satisfaction knowing you love his presence. It's evident as you described he 'stays around you unnecessarily.' Just my opinion. I hope all is well.
Original post by Sacred Ground
From my perspective, and I'm no love guru, it seems like he's craving the attention. He recognises you adore him, and he gets some form of satisfaction knowing you love his presence. It's evident as you described he 'stays around you unnecessarily.' Just my opinion. I hope all is well.

This actually makes perfect sense! He's super narcissistic as well, so that is a great explanation for it. So he doesn't actually like me, he just likes knowing that I like him. Huh. How would you propose I end this? Would just pretending that I'm no longer interested work?
Any other opinions?
This actually makes perfect sense! He's super narcissistic as well, so that is a great explanation for it. So he doesn't actually like me, he just likes knowing that I like him. Huh. How would you propose I end this? Would just pretending that I'm no longer interested work?

Play hard to get.

Maybe he's shy and that's why he keep looking at you but not talking to you directly, but still enjoys being somewhat near you?
Original post by ForgettingWhatsername
Play hard to get.

How does one play hard to get?

Original post by TorpidPhil
Maybe he's shy and that's why he keep looking at you but not talking to you directly, but still enjoys being somewhat near you?

This guy is pretty much the farthest from shy you could possibly get :tongue:
I think he is just having fun as he knows you find him attractive, just start to get over him, I don't think it will be a healthy relationship!

Well, I suggest to not pay attention to him and be a narcissist too. Appreciate the way you are and if you want something more to make you special there are many activities you can do to gain some satisfactions.

Moreover, there are many guys out there, just find the right one. Take your time, no need to be in a hurry.

In my opinion, these sorts of "obsession", "love", "attraction" are temporary and you will get over with time. My advice is to try to be as much independent as possible. I understand the happiness you can receive when being in a relationship (together with the worries lol). I think people are not so used to have just friends to talk or hang out properly and live peacefully as single. Well, it is just an opinion, good luck!
He does like you, he's just nervous.

Trust me...
Original post by pryk009
I think he is just having fun as he knows you find him attractive, just start to get over him, I don't think it will be a healthy relationship!

Well, I suggest to not pay attention to him and be a narcissist too. Appreciate the way you are and if you want something more to make you special there are many activities you can do to gain some satisfactions.

Moreover, there are many guys out there, just find the right one. Take your time, no need to be in a hurry.

In my opinion, these sorts of "obsession", "love", "attraction" are temporary and you will get over with time. My advice is to try to be as much independent as possible. I understand the happiness you can receive when being in a relationship (together with the worries lol). I think people are not so used to have just friends to talk or hang out properly and live peacefully as single. Well, it is just an opinion, good luck!

This is really good advice, thanks :biggrin:
I've been trying to get over him but even looking at him completely kills all resolve. Sigh.
It's annoying, I am usually very independent -_-

Original post by JFP
He does like you, he's just nervous.

Trust me...

Really?
How does one play hard to get?

This guy is pretty much the farthest from shy you could possibly get :tongue:

I have no idea then, but don't play hard to get, he isn't super interested in you as it is, if you ****ing ignore his sorry ass he's just gonna ignore your sorry ass. That ain't helping nobody!
Throw your knickers at him in an attempt to lure him to your commandments.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending