The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
On the email it said:
"Further statistical analysis of the multiple choice scores will be available in due course on the LNAT website"
Does anyone know when this is?
Original post by Ilydia
On the email it said:
"Further statistical analysis of the multiple choice scores will be available in due course on the LNAT website"
Does anyone know when this is?

Nope...i didn't find on their website. Between Pearson vue and LNAT website, i don(t know which on exasperates me the most
Reply 542
Original post by Loafie
Is anyone going to contact their LNAT unis for feedback on the essay?

I want to, will you?
Original post by THizzle97
What was your predicted grades and AS/ GCSE's if you don't mind me asking?

I got 10A* and 1A at GCSE, 5As and 1A at AS, and got predicted A*AAA at A2
Original post by Loafie
Is anyone going to contact their LNAT unis for feedback on the essay?

I want to as well, I think it is a really good idea.
Original post by star2895
I want to as well, I think it is a really good idea.

Wouldn't that seem a tad pretentious, or if you haven't got an offer yet, a bit too obsessive?
Original post by Barbato101
Wouldn't that seem a tad pretentious, or if you haven't got an offer yet, a bit too obsessive?

I guess from one aspect it is slightly pretentious, I understand you. However someone who received an offer, and maybe got a not such a high score on the multiple choice, may want to know how thier essay was viewed. Especially if their score wasn't high and they still received an offer. They would be curious on what helped them. Bearing in mind decisions are made on whole applications not just the LNAT
So the response that some might get will not necessarily be positive or the best. If someone didn't receive any offer and thier score was good that's another justified reason for wanting feedback, it could have been the essay that let them down.
Original post by star2895
I guess from one aspect it is slightly pretentious, I understand you. However someone who received an offer, and maybe got a not such a high score on the multiple choice, may want to know how thier essay was viewed. Especially if their score wasn't high and they still received an offer. They would be curious on what helped them. Bearing in mind decisions are made on whole applications not just the LNAT
So the response that some might get will not necessarily be positive or the best. If someone didn't receive any offer and thier score was good that's another justified reason for wanting feedback, it could have been the essay that let them down.

I see where you're coming from with this but if you were to receive an offer without a good LNAT score, wouldn't you already know that your essay was quite good?
Original post by austyin
Me too. But I got rejected by UCL.
May I ask which universities have given you offers?

I'm from Scotland but after seeing my results i wish i applied for some courses down in England. Never expected to do so well in the LNAT, i spent the whole week dreading the exam. I've already received my first and second choices anyway. Law and Law with Economics at Glasgow University, both unconditional.(And sorry for the late reply, didn't notice the message.)
[QUOTE=kewbacca;53445745]I scored a shocking 18, but have got offer from KCL (came late December) and LSE (came November), but rejected from Oxford post interview

that's amazing, congratulations! If you don't mind me asking, what were your predicted A level/IB grades?
Original post by shawnleuop
[QUOTE=kewbacca;53445745]I scored a shocking 18, but have got offer from KCL (came late December) and LSE (came November), but rejected from Oxford post interview

Hey, do u mind me asking also what your predicted a level/gcses/as scores were, I got 19 and I still haven't hearsheard from kcl yet :/
Original post by Barbato101
Hey, do u mind me asking also what your predicted a level/gcses/as scores were, I got 19 and I still haven't hearsheard from kcl yet :/

hahaha I didn't get those offers, I was quoting and asking kewbacca. I do IB so my predicted was 39 and my IGCSE I got 3 A*, 3 A's and 2B' and a C for art lol

I got also got a shocking 18 for my LNAT score which really surprised me, and I haven't heard from Kings either although they asked me to send documents to see whether I would be eligible as a home status student.

I'm also waiting for Durham and Queen mary and I already got rejected by Bristol straight away with no reason (probably due to my lnat grade) and by LSE in the "second stage". What about your grades etc?
Just found out I got a 26 on my LNAT. Don't really know how to feel about that. I'm glad it's above the average, yet I was hoping to score a solid 30. Hopefully Bristol will feel that it's enough along with the rest of my application.
Reply 553
I got a 29 and got into Bristol! Waiting to hear from Nottingham.
Original post by Nalinii.p
I scored 19...and havnt heard nothing yet...every body else's score looks soooo high cmpared andits scaring me...KCL is my 1st choice :confused:

KCL is my 1st choice too. I got 16 :frown: I'm so disheartened.
Hey guys, I wanted to ask you if you think I, as an international student, stand any chance on getting an offer from KCL or Durham? my LNAT score is 21, while the average is 22.3 ;/ Is it true that you have to score above the average for the universities to even look at your application? I really need you to be honest, should I lose all hope?
Reply 556
Original post by annakarenina21
Hey guys, I wanted to ask you if you think I, as an international student, stand any chance on getting an offer from KCL or Durham? my LNAT score is 21, while the average is 22.3 ;/ Is it true that you have to score above the average for the universities to even look at your application? I really need you to be honest, should I lose all hope?

I'm an international student as well and last year i scored a 23 on the LNAT, I had really good grades, average of 93%, but I was rejected from all of my choices, and all of them were LNAT schools. i attribute my failure to my LNAT score, however, there are other cases where students get 17 on their LNAT and still get in. As long as your application is good over all, you have a good chance. I reapplied this year and got a 29 on my LNAT and got into my top choice. But you definitely still have a chance, some schools put more weight on the LNAT than others.
Original post by annakarenina21

Well the fact that you haven't been rejected yet shows that they have looked at ur application :P but in all seriousness the LNAT for both KCL and Durham is not used as a clear cut indicator for how good you are, if the rest of your application is good enough im sure they will accept you
Reply 558
Original post by Georgina2613
For those interested, I got a score of 24/42 and have offers from Bristol, SOAS and Kings. Offers from LSE and Cambridge too so I took a huge risk earlier in the year by not applying to another univeristy that doesn't need LNAT.

Hey :smile: Would you mind if i asked what were your predicted A/IB grades?

Not sure if it's the correct thread to ask too but, when colleges send you offers, do they send you an email stating they are offering you a place or do they simply respond via Track? Hope those with offers could help ^_^
(edited 9 years ago)
Just got rejected from Nottingham, am I right in thinking they REALLY weigh a lot on the lnat score

Latest

Trending

Trending