The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Midnightmemories
I'm not doing A levels next year, i'm doing a NVQ Level 2 in Beauty Therapy. :smile: (wanted to ease myself into college by doing something at level 2... :smile: )

Sounds fun! How does the course work? Do you do industrial-sort placements?

I mean like do stuff in a beauty salon? :smile:
Original post by ImagineCats
YOOOOO THIS IS FOR MY FELLOW NON-CHOSEN-ONES (OR WEIRDLY SMART ONES) IN MATHS, I FOUND THIS WEBSITE AND ITS LIKE IT'S BEEN WRITTEN BY GODS

https://keshgcsemaths.wordpress.com/gcse-maths-takeaway/

My maths teacher uses it all the time. If you find a topic hard/need to improve, indulge on this! It tells you what grade your worksheet is too. Go craaaaazzyyyy

Sorry if you've already used this website :colondollar:

It's a great site but are there any mark schemes accompanying the worksheets?
Original post by Jitesh
Sounds fun! How does the course work? Do you do industrial-sort placements?

I mean like do stuff in a beauty salon? :smile:

I do two practical days and a theory day.

There's a onsite beauticians where we learn how to do the stuff and yeah... :biggrin:
YOOOOO THIS IS FOR MY FELLOW NON-CHOSEN-ONES (OR WEIRDLY SMART ONES) IN MATHS, I FOUND THIS WEBSITE AND ITS LIKE IT'S BEEN WRITTEN BY GODS

https://keshgcsemaths.wordpress.com/gcse-maths-takeaway/

My maths teacher uses it all the time. If you find a topic hard/need to improve, indulge on this! It tells you what grade your worksheet is too. Go craaaaazzyyyy

Sorry if you've already used this website :colondollar:

THIS IS AMAZING!

Thanks so much, the proof section alone makes this amazing!

THANK YOU
Original post by Rudimentary
It's a great site but are there any mark schemes accompanying the worksheets?

They're all from past papers if that helps? I can't find them :frown:
Original post by Jitesh
THIS IS AMAZING!

Thanks so much, the proof section alone makes this amazing!

THANK YOU

Anytime! :tongue:
Anytime! :tongue:

Proof is so annoying and it will 100% be in Further Maths iGCSE :/
I think it will be, anyway lol
Original post by Jitesh
Proof is so annoying and it will 100% be in Further Maths iGCSE :/
I think it will be, anyway lol

Whenever I'm screwed in an exam I just sigh and think "eh, 5 marks less won't be that much." But it adds up for the last 4 pages on the exam ergh
So when is everyone's last exam? We all (I think) begin on 11th of May- RE, but when do you finish? 9th of June for geography DMT here :biggrin: Peak for all you DT/ random language people who end really late
So when is everyone's last exam? We all (I think) begin on 11th of May- RE, but when do you finish? 9th of June for geography DMT here :biggrin: Peak for all you DT/ random language people who end really late

12th May - 19th June :smile:

Triple damn science and further maths

I begin on 5th May with my English Language IGCSE. I think my last exam is 11th June, which are my two R.S Philosophy papers. I might have another exam after that though - I haven't got my exam timetable from my school yet, I've just been looking on the exam board websites.
11th May to 19th June for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
12th of June, so exactly 1 month between my first and last exams :smile:. The last one is - ironically - the first unit of physics :tongue:.

I did my RE last year, so i don't do it this year... :biggrin:

i start on the 12th may and end on the 8th june ...

I begin on 12th of May and end on 19th of June (though I have a large gap randomly in June from the 4th to the 15th where I have no exams)
Original post by Jitesh
12th May - 19th June :smile:

Triple damn science and further maths

*Sigh* Being smart takes its toll pal
Original post by ♥Samantha♥
I begin on 12th of May and end on 19th of June (though I have a large gap randomly in June from the 4th to the 15th where I have no exams)

Lucky! The longest gap I have is the May half term gap. All my exams are just one after the other :angry: Might not have any hair by the end
Original post by guitaristemily
i start on the 12th may and end on the 8th june ...

Tell anyone you know who takes DT. Loads of people are jealous of me being earlier and just one day earlier would make all the difference :cool: I love telling the sixth formers and laughing at their unluckiness being so late
*Sigh* Being smart takes its toll pal

Haha it does, my last exam is on the 17th of June, some of my friends finish around a week before I do