The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2880
Original post by liarpoker
How was the AC? Surprised to see two partners doing a competency interview.

How was the commercial awareness interview?

Any tips for phone interview ? Mine is this week
Original post by JKRP11
Has anyone else who applied to Cleary Gottlieb received absolutely nothing from them? I haven't even had an acknowledgement email yet. Have they just cast me aside haha. If anyone has got any further, like an interview or even being asked for a transcript, please let me know - I'm curious to find out

They had their last assessment day a few weeks ago and they've finalised their positions - did they send you an email which went to spam? :frown: Sorry to be the deliverer of bad news!
Original post by Bindi
Any tips for phone interview ? Mine is this week

It's just competency, so prepare for those in depth and why Olswang/general commercial stuff.

Mine was very conversational and flowed, but it might vary on the interviewer - Much preferred it to the telephone interview that I had for Bakers where I was asked some pretty pointless and strange questions.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by footchemllab
Thanks! Massive relief to get something! Best of luck for yours!

Thank you!
Original post by g2ljonsey
I applied in November for the February Training Contract round, had a video interview on Sunday and heard back yesterday!

Oh okay - thank you :smile: I applied for the workshop so I'm not sure if they have replied to anyone yet
Got an email from W&C 'reminding' me that I needed to do a video, gave me a mini panic that it was due imminently :P
Need closure, White & Case reject me already pleeeeease
Original post by Kidioteque

Is that your last pending application then? - Can't wait to get back to studying and not having to incessantly check emails.

Good luck with W&C!
Is that your last pending application then? - Can't wait to get back to studying and not having to incessantly check emails.

Good luck with W&C!

Sort of - I'm also waiting on another but I'm considering withdrawing my application since they don't start reviewing applications until after their March deadline. Really sick of the whole process now and want to start making other plans for summer!

How many are you waiting on?

You and me both, buddy! I've already moved them to my PFO folder. However, I'd still like the usual email profusely regretting that they have had so many applications and that it's not really me but them.
Original post by ScroogeHumbug
You and me both, buddy! I've already moved them to my PFO folder. However, I'd still like the usual email profusely regretting that they have had so many applications and that it's not really me but them.

I like how you have a PFO folder too! Mine is getting pretty full right now :tongue:
Sort of - I'm also waiting on another but I'm considering withdrawing my application since they don't start reviewing applications until after their March deadline. Really sick of the whole process now and want to start making other plans for summer!

How many are you waiting on?

Waiting to hear back from three firms post interview, one of which is the first stage/tele and then waiting on about 10, some of which are likely to be PFOs.

Definitely can't wait to be put applications to the back of my mind until the summer at least!
Original post by TrainingChopeful
I like how you have a PFO folder too! Mine is getting pretty full right now :tongue:

Clearly we're both super organised! However, the PFO folder is starting to look pretty depressing. I feel that at the end of this cycle I'm probs going to be singing James Blunts' Why Don't You Give Me Some Love.

This comment is brilliant!
Clearly we're both super organised! However, the PFO folder is starting to look pretty depressing. I feel that at the end of this cycle I'm probs going to be singing James Blunts' Why Don't You Give Me Some Love.

Haha! ditto :tongue: although I do hate jumping every time my phone notifies me of a new email! Good luck for your pending applications!
Do we know if all the CRS invites have gone out yet? Unsure whether to write them off as a PFO ... Withers are taking their time as well, the stress is real :frown:
Reply 2896
It's just competency, so prepare for those in depth and why Olswang/general commercial stuff.

Mine was very conversational and flowed, but it might vary on the interviewer - Much preferred it to the telephone interview that I had for Bakers where I was asked some pretty pointless and strange questions.

Thank you
I'd be really grateful if anyone had any advice at all on the DLA Piper Skype interview? :smile:
Anyone pass both tests for Wragge, been told their application was under review and hasn't subsequently been invited to a telephone interview?
Reply 2899
Has anyone tried the logical reasoning test for CRS? I completely ran out of time

Quick Reply

Latest