The Student Room Group

Very Hard C3 papers

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Are there mark schemes? These papers are a lot more interesting than Edexcel's.
Reply 2
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Are there mark schemes? These papers are a lot more interesting than Edexcel's.

Sorry for the late response (you did not use the quote mark).

I have no time to write marking schemes but I will write solutions at some point.

these are not more interesting ... they are very hard and designed for mathematicians to be.

In the meantime if there are any "mathematical buster-gonads" out there feel free to attach your own solutions
Reply 3
Original post by TeeEm
Sorry for the late response (you did not use the quote mark).

I have no time to write marking schemes but I will write solutions at some point.

these are not more interesting ... they are very hard and designed for mathematicians to be.

In the meantime if there are any "mathematical buster-gonads" out there feel free to attach your own solutions

Hello,

Do you have ones for OCR MEI? If not, how do I really challenge myself?

I always feel like OCR MEI is lacking in people who take them.
Reply 4
Original post by Hody421
Hello,

Do you have ones for OCR MEI? If not, how do I really challenge myself?

I always feel like OCR MEI is lacking in people who take them.

sorry I will not produce any for MEI, however when you finish both the C3 and C4 of your board you should be able to access the C3 and C4 of the papers I produced.
Reply 5
Hiya is there any for C2/C1
Thanks
Original post by TeeEm
These two very hard C3 papers are only a few hours old.

They follow closely the EDEXCEL/PEARSON syllabus

They are not available on line yet, however the Papers A to R (varying difficulties) and Papers U to V (hard) are on line.

C3, IYGB, Paper S
Attachment not found

C3, IYGB, Paper T
Attachment not found

I hope they are useful to those students who want something more challenging and different from the usual predictable questions
Reply 6
Original post by naxiv
Hiya is there any for C2/C1
Thanks

there are in another thread further down
Found these papers about an hour or so ago and they're really fun. It's pretty late, so I just thought I'd try a random question and I was wondering whether there's a different way of answering it to what I've done (or even if it would be acceptable):

Spoiler

The bit on the other page I omitted was just throwing the two angles into tan(A+B) and showing it was equal to -4/3. I probably should've justified cancelling cos in a), but I'm pretty tired lol.
Reply 8
Original post by TeeEm
These two very hard C3 papers are only a few hours old.

They follow closely the EDEXCEL/PEARSON syllabus

They are not available on line yet, however the Papers A to R (varying difficulties) and Papers U to V (hard) are on line.

C3, IYGB, Paper S
Attachment not found

C3, IYGB, Paper T
Attachment not found

I hope they are useful to those students who want something more challenging and different from the usual predictable questions

Thanks a lot. Do you know where I can get Papers U to Z, or have they not been made yet?
Reply 9
Original post by jjblok
Thanks a lot. Do you know where I can get Papers U to Z, or have they not been made yet?

they will be made soon
Reply 10
Original post by TeeEm
they will be made soon

Ok thanks. So now I have the Edexcel papers, Solomon papers and Madas papers, lots to do. Which order do you think I should do them in?
Original post by jjblok
Ok thanks. So now I have the Edexcel papers, Solomon papers and Madas papers, lots to do. Which order do you think I should do them in?

What are madas papers?
Reply 12
Original post by Super199
What are madas papers?

http://madasmaths.com/archive_iygb_practice_papers_c3_practice_papers.html
These are maths papers created by a maths teacher, which follow the Edexcel syllabus.
Original post by jjblok
These are maths papers created by a maths teacher, which follow the Edexcel syllabus.

I see! Do you know where I can find OCR Solomon papers, I can find the edexcel ones but not the OCR one's :frown:. Specifically C3/C4?
Reply 14
I see! Do you know where I can find OCR Solomon papers, I can find the edexcel ones but not the OCR one's :frown:. Specifically C3/C4?

No sorry:frown:
Reply 15
Original post by jjblok

any order will do except that I would leave the Edexcel last
Reply 16
I'll write up my own solutions for some of these - almost STEP-esque!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by Krollo
I'll write up my own solutions for some of these - almost STEP-esque!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I personally believe that they do not resemble Step in style
but in difficulty some questions are far harder than anything you will see in Step I or II
Reply 18
Original post by TeeEm
I personally believe that they do not resemble Step in style
but in difficulty some questions are far harder than anything you will see in Step I or II

Most of them don't resemble STEP, I admit, but some definitely do - Q4 on paper T is IMO a combination of STEP II, Q2, 2003 and some skills from STEP I, Q2, 2007 (unless there's an easier method I'm missing, which there inevitably will be!)
Reply 19
What are madas papers?

Original post by jjblok

Lol the person who created the madas papers is the creator of this thread...TeeEm...www.madasmaths.com

Quick Reply

Latest