The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Hull Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Can't wait, just want to wake up in my halls room tomorrow morning!!
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
went to the applicant day yesterday and absolutely loved it! It was my second choice originally but now I'm rethinking my decision...
Original post by katiecharc
went to the applicant day yesterday and absolutely loved it! It was my second choice originally but now I'm rethinking my decision...

Choose Hull! :smile:

Choose Hull! :smile:

That's great, what did you like about the visit? :smile:
Went to an applicant day on sat, really loved it! deciding between leicester, hull, oxford brookes...
Hello! I'm hopefully going to be studying Primary Teaching but living at home as I'm from Hull. Is anybody else living at home? :smile:
Original post by fieldy_xo
Just got an offer yesterday to study Religion and Sociology :h:

And I'm from Hull already

I'm from Hull also, are you planning on living at home? Feel like I'm the only one haha!
I'll be in Halls, coming from Liverpool. Going to probably be the oldest one here though as I'm 21.
Original post by LucyBrown16
Hello! I'm hopefully going to be studying Primary Teaching but living at home as I'm from Hull. Is anybody else living at home? :smile:

If I decide to stay in Hull then I'll probably be living at home for the first year. Not to bothered about living in halls as I will probably make friends on the course. And anyway, I really want to buy myself a car! :>

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LucyBrown16
I'm from Hull also, are you planning on living at home? Feel like I'm the only one haha!

I considered living at home but thought I might as well move into halls, at least for the first year :smile:
Reply 111
Original post by laimliam
Yeaaaahhh! I've just sent off my statement thing, booked an applicant day, and then we'll see what happens from there:tongue:

I went to the Applicant Day last Saturday, had my TDP interview that morning and got a letter on Wednesday saying i have been accepted into the programme!

If anyone has an interview, its very relaxed. I was asked about why i want to study history, how i think history is relevant and why i want to go to hull in general.
Original post by alexreddish2196
Hi!
I've applied for Geography and Physical Geography (got offered both at BBB)
Can't wait to get here-if the grade gods are shining down on me!
Alex(andra)

Hi,
I also applied to do Geography at Hull and plan to put it as my firm choice. What accommodation are you thinking?

John
Hi
I am Andy and im from Hull. I've got an offer from Hull to study Geology in September. I have got the Knowledge factory interview on Saturday. I have also made a facebook page for the Hull Firmers and Freshers!
Make sure you check it out and we can all get to know each other before we go to university! The page is: Hull University Firmers and Freshers 2015
Enjoy Hull everyone!
Original post by LordGirdler
I'll be in Halls, coming from Liverpool. Going to probably be the oldest one here though as I'm 21.

There are loads of people this year that are older than 18, alot aroud 18-25 age group.
I went to an applicant day, lovely aesthetic campus and extremely friendly staff :smile: Lawns looked sick, union was sound, library was impressive. It was all pretty cool.

One problem I did have was when I was driving to Hull, the first thing I immediately saw was all these boarded up shops for rows upon rows, and I didn't get to see the city centre properly :frown: that put a big downer on Hull for me, but one of the students I spoke to said that I must've just seen the outskirts of the city, and that it's actually very pleasant. Can anyone share their opinion of the city? Any and all comments would be appreciated, I'd like to have a real idea of the place!
Original post by laimliam
I went to an applicant day, lovely aesthetic campus and extremely friendly staff :smile: Lawns looked sick, union was sound, library was impressive. It was all pretty cool.

One problem I did have was when I was driving to Hull, the first thing I immediately saw was all these boarded up shops for rows upon rows, and I didn't get to see the city centre properly :frown: that put a big downer on Hull for me, but one of the students I spoke to said that I must've just seen the outskirts of the city, and that it's actually very pleasant. Can anyone share their opinion of the city? Any and all comments would be appreciated, I'd like to have a real idea of the place!

Yeah I live in hull, my girlfriend goes to hull uni... We both love it! Hull city centre is amazing! It's such a nice place and the uni is amazing as is the lawns, the lawns centre and the asylum Union is awesome night out!
Hull is a very underrated uni in my opinion!
If you're thinking of going hull, join the Facebook group 'Hull Firmers & Freshers 2015' :smile: and then we can all get to know eachother

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy97a
Yeah I live in hull, my girlfriend goes to hull uni... We both love it! Hull city centre is amazing! It's such a nice place and the uni is amazing as is the lawns, the lawns centre and the asylum Union is awesome night out!
Hull is a very underrated uni in my opinion!
If you're thinking of going hull, join the Facebook group 'Hull Firmers & Freshers 2015' :smile: and then we can all get to know eachother

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the re-assurance :smile: I thought the uni was lovely, just the part of the city I saw worried me so I was hoping for someone to prove me otherwise :tongue: can you send me a link for the page? I searched that on Facebook and it wouldn't come up, cheers
Original post by JohnSearby
Hi,
I also applied to do Geography at Hull and plan to put it as my firm choice. What accommodation are you thinking?

John

Hi John!:smile:
I'm thinking student houses as they are so close to campus and they are more homely if you get my drift:smile:
Where are you from and have you been to the applicant day yet?
Original post by alexreddish2196
Hi John!:smile:
I'm thinking student houses as they are so close to campus and they are more homely if you get my drift:smile:
Where are you from and have you been to the applicant day yet?

Hi Alex,
I'm not too sure about student houses in the first year as it would be nice too meet a wide range of people in the first year in halls. I'm from near Driffield relatively close to Hull and i went to an applicant day on 7th of Feb, you?

John

Quick Reply

Latest