The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 620
Have all of the interviews been given out?
Reply 621
Original post by Neostigmine
It's not used for BM6 :nah:.

Does that mean we have to do a UKCAT after the BM6 when starting the BM5?:confused:
Original post by Asad85
Does that mean we have to do a UKCAT after the BM6 when starting the BM5?:confused:

No. The UKCAT doesn't have to be considered if universities don't want to use it :no:.
Are interview invites given out in order of competitiveness or random batches? I ask this because those who received early interview invites might have a high personal statement score and don't have to do amazing at the interview
Original post by alanconnel
Are interview invites given out in order of competitiveness or random batches? I ask this because those who received early interview invites might have a high personal statement score and don't have to do amazing at the interview

No one knows, you would need to ask admissions but because both dates have been given out, it looks like all interviews have been handed out.
Neostigmine, I was just wondering if ex-BM6'ers get tuition fee waivers (partial or full) for successfully progressing through the medical course?
Also, if you don't mind me asking, what do you find the most satisfying about studying medicine in Southampton. Maybe any pros and cons of Southampton?
Would love to get a better idea, Southampton seems like an exciting place to study. But I will have an extremely difficult decision choosing between Soton and Nottingham. Both excellent unis with beautiful campuses!
Original post by Bueno786
Sounds amazing!!!������

Posted from TSR Mobile

Trust me it absolutely was an amazing trip! Here's a selfie of me with some of the children from a local primary school... we literally felt like celebrities
Original post by johnabdul
Just out of interest what were the ukcat scores by those who received interview invites.

really badly i did... 540 average (failed there really)
Reply 628
did anyone with ukcat of 450 to 550 got an interview yet?
Reply 629
Original post by Asad85

I think all of the interviews have been given out
Original post by Asad85

The UKCAT isn't used in BM6 so that doesn't make any difference :nah:.
Neostigmine, if you don't mind me asking, how are the BM6ers viewed? Have you seen any harshness towards people on BM6 or any seclusion from the BM5 lot?
Original post by Alimbo95
Neostigmine, if you don't mind me asking, how are the BM6ers viewed? Have you seen any harshness towards people on BM6 or any seclusion from the BM5 lot?

The most common reaction in my experience is that people don't really care to be honest!
The second most common reaction is that people find it rather interesting and like to use your knowledge of how to reference and where the library is etc etc so it's a useful tool to make friends.
Finally, a tiny tiny minority seem to have taken offence to the BM6 program. I have met 1 person who was outright rude about it, and very occasionally people use the "BM6" label to suggest people are stupid. However this is rare and often meant as a joke.

It isn't something that I would say should put anyone off. :nah:q
Have all the interviews been given out?
Original post by IllmaticLUPE
Have all the interviews been given out?

Not sure. I would have thought another batch would go out at some point but I am not 100% sure.
Isn't Neostigmine an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor. Out of all the possible names???
Original post by Neostigmine
Not sure. I would have thought another batch would go out at some point but I am not 100% sure.

Isn't Neostigmine an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor. Out of all the possible names???

Yep. It is indeed.

John Abdul, isn't that a real name? Out of all the possible names???

:gah:
Not sure if anyone needs a place to stay before interview, but if so check out - Alcantara guest house! It is much cheaper than the one recommended on the website.
I emailed admissions confirming my attendance and asking if there are any reimbursement procedure and they never answered this. Will I just bring along my receipts on the day?
Original post by Joanne9495
Not sure if anyone needs a place to stay before interview, but if so check out - Alcantara guest house! It is much cheaper than the one recommended on the website.
I emailed admissions confirming my attendance and asking if there are any reimbursement procedure and they never answered this. Will I just bring along my receipts on the day?

You pick up a form on the day to be reimbursed. You can submit it there and then or post it in later. You'll need receipts. They'll reimburse travel but not accommodation.

Good luck :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending