The Student Room Group

How well did you do in your mocks?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
AAAA.

Was really surprised, though I'd failed 2 of my papers :tongue:
For my A2 mocks I got:
Biology: A, Although if I converted my mark to UMS it would have achieved full UMS, so maybe A*?
French: B, Pretty happy considering we hadn't gone through one of the topics that came up and also a B in the oral
Psychology: A* for both papers
Original post by Claros
For my A2 mocks I got:
Biology: A, Although if I converted my mark to UMS it would have achieved full UMS, so maybe A*?
French: B, Pretty happy considering we hadn't gone through one of the topics that came up and also a B in the oral
Psychology: A* for both papers

WOW! Congrats on the amazing results :biggrin: What did you do to revise for Biology and Psychology and get A*'s in both :eek: Are you doing AQA?
Original post by Bruno26
WOW! Congrats on the amazing results :biggrin: What did you do to revise for Biology and Psychology and get A*'s in both :eek: Are you doing AQA?

Thank you :smile:

My exam boards for biology and psychology are WJEC and OCR respectively. I can't give specific advice for AQA unfortunately but for biology in general I made revision cards with the topics and also did a lot of past papers (I was given packs for specific topics, so I did those as well as full papers). I think past papers are really important for exam technique and knowing what sort of answers examiners are looking for.

For psychology I did the same thing- I'm not sure about AQA but with OCR it's mainly theories and case studies to back those up. I just made revision cards with those and got my mum to test me on them until I was falling asleep! Practising is also important here too.

Hope this helps
A in Chemistry
A in Biology
A in French Listening/Reading
B in Maths
C in French Speaking

Do I care? No not really, although I am really worried about french. The Maths mock was in like November, now I get 95+UMS on C1.
Original post by Claros
Thank you :smile:

My exam boards for biology and psychology are WJEC and OCR respectively. I can't give specific advice for AQA unfortunately but for biology in general I made revision cards with the topics and also did a lot of past papers (I was given packs for specific topics, so I did those as well as full papers). I think past papers are really important for exam technique and knowing what sort of answers examiners are looking for.

For psychology I did the same thing- I'm not sure about AQA but with OCR it's mainly theories and case studies to back those up. I just made revision cards with those and got my mum to test me on them until I was falling asleep! Practising is also important here too.

Hope this helps

Thank you! That did help :smile:
I did my mocks back in early December, and I got:

Philosophy - A
History - A
English Lit - A
Religious Studies - A
French - D

...I think I can see where I need to improve.
Original post by cerlohee
Similar to me tbh. I don't actually know what's going on D:
I got A*A*A*C, with a D in C4 :////

Well done, you did great! I'm dedicating this week to learning C4 :/ it's going to be the absolute death of me
Original post by Winter_is_here
Thanks!!Maths- from u to aBiology- from c to a*Chem- from c to aYeah during mocks I had no time to revise cos I was at college full time and working 20hrs a week so I knew I crapped it. And I never pay attention during lessons either so most of the time I didn't know what was going on haha, but I always revise nearer the end and somehow miraculously do okay lol! But the amount of grief I got for those mocks....

Mate when did you start revising for AS could you please specify :P would help alot!
In my december mocks I got BBCE in Maths, History, Psychology and Biology and in my recent march mocks I got ABBB so I am improving slightly, aiming for AABB at the end of AS

Posted from TSR Mobile
AS Level - A in Maths, A in Economics, A in Geography, C in Government and Politics.
AS mocks - AAAC in Maths, Economics, Geography, and Government and Politics.
AS -
B psychology
C Eng Lit
D economics...
Original post by Winter_is_here
Got ucc in my a level mocks and came out with a*aa

when did you have your mocks?
Original post by A-Cooky
lol i got something like ACDE in my mocks but ended up getting A*A*A*A*

AS mocks: AAB in English Language, Psychology and English Lit. respectively c:
Original post by 870136
A2 mocks got BCD, got A*A*A in the real things

BBCCD in maths general studies chemistry history and biology respectively.
However after revision and more mocks the biology and chemistry now stand at A's!
The only mock I've had this year (I don't live in the UK so it's different) was Maths and I scored 83% without preparing myself at all so I'd say it's decent. :smile:
Reply 159
all A's after UMS; S.UMS of 91.
except for critical thinking.. failed miserably for critical thinking so definitely dropping that! haha

Quick Reply

Latest