The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

How is everyone revision looking like during this half-term? :smile:
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
How is everyone revision looking like during this half-term? :smile:

Just gonna do all the hw I've been given.

And learn the Physics I've been 'taught'... The astronomy, and fundamental particles and stuff.

Just did M2 past paper hw, and got 100% without any revision, so M2 should be good wooooooooo

I've actually not been given any Fp1/2 hw though, ah well
I actually didn't get any homework for this holiday, I can enjoy my last proper half term:biggrin:.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Just gonna do all the hw I've been given.

And learn the Physics I've been 'taught'... The astronomy, and fundamental particles and stuff.

Just did M2 past paper hw, and got 100% without any revision, so M2 should be good wooooooooo

I've actually not been given any Fp1/2 hw though, ah well

I already learnt particle physics in u4. Did you already cover fission, SHM etc in u5? :redface:
I already learnt particle physics in u4. Did you already cover fission, SHM etc in u5? :redface:

SHM was in UNIT 4 for me

Our unit 5 is all electricity, particles (radioactivity and fundamental ****), astronomy and medical physics
6 months till results guyyyys

Posted from TSR Mobile
SHM was in UNIT 4 for me

Our unit 5 is all electricity, particles (radioactivity and fundamental ****), astronomy and medical physics

Ah, I'm with Edexcel Physics. Are you with OCR/AQA with Physics?

We learn electromagnetism in unit 4. Radioactivity is in unit 5 but we have no medical physics at all. Hmmm....
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by cerlohee
6 months till results guyyyys

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not looking forward to it, even If I get the grades as then I get the pleasure of getting into debt. :lol:
Ah, I'm with Edexcel Physics. Are you with OCR/AQA with Physics?

We learn electromagnetism in unit 4. Radioactivity is in unit 5 but we have no medical physics at all. Hmmm....

OCR

Oh yeah magnetism and stuff is unit 5 as well.

Lucky. It's gonna be ****e
Career wise, is it better to go for something you'd be good at but not enjoy as much as something you'd love but probably not really be good at?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Obiejess
Career wise, is it better to go for something you'd be good at but not enjoy as much as something you'd love but probably not really be good at?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You have more scope to develop in something you enjoy and the learning process won't be as tedious as if you disliked it.

Out of curiosity, what careers are you debating between?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
You have more scope to develop in something you enjoy and the learning process won't be as tedious as if you disliked it.

Out of curiosity, what careers are you debating between?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Law which I know I would enjoy and would be good at vs Teaching which I am starting to develop a real passion for but feel I'd be quite bad at.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Obiejess
Law which I know I would enjoy and would be good at vs Teaching which I am starting to develop a real passion for but feel I'd be quite bad at.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You could always start off in law, do the grind of working at a law firm for a couple years. Then, do a PGCE and move into a more education based role?

Just know that you're never pigeonholed, there are ways to get into either profession. That said, doing a degree that is varied (law) could potentially lead to more immediate opportunities.

Have you done any work experience in both settings? If not, it'd be a good idea to do some just to gauge what it's really like working in the two environments.

Posted from TSR Mobile
OCR

Oh yeah magnetism and stuff is unit 5 as well.

Lucky. It's gonna be ****e

I thought someone as mathematical as you would choose the Applied/Turning point option, or is it different for OCR?
Original post by H.Ibrahim
I thought someone as mathematical as you would choose the Applied/Turning point option, or is it different for OCR?

We don't have optional modules :frown:

I know AQA does, but yeah, we just have to study loads of different topics

What's involved in that?
We don't have optional modules :frown:

I know AQA does, but yeah, we just have to study loads of different topics

What's involved in that?

You would love it, applied is essentially a lot of mechanics and learning how engines work, and the turning point is using Einstein's Theory of relativity and advancement on electron theory and wave particle duality, etc. Although it sounds all good an interesting, I still chose medical :lol:
You would love it, applied is essentially a lot of mechanics and learning how engines work, and the turning point is using Einstein's Theory of relativity and advancement on electron theory and wave particle duality, etc. Although it sounds all good an interesting, I still chose medical :lol:

Oh sounds good

Medical is going to be horrendous

I'd love a good quantum module though, with high level maths
Oh sounds good

Medical is going to be horrendous

I'd love a good quantum module though, with high level maths

You despise medical that much :lol:
You despise medical that much :lol:

Haven't started but I j know it'll be loads of qwc questions
Haven't started but I j know it'll be loads of qwc questions

It's actually not that bad once you start it haha!

Latest