The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LesPaul_Player91
Haven't been on in a while, was really busy then got bad flu. Feeling a bit low, miss living in a city. Was thinking the other day about how much I miss undergrad days, graduate life has been one epic disappointment.

Welcome back. :smile:

Have you considered going back to your studies, maybe do a postgrad or something? Or have a think about what it is you really miss, and if you can get it back some other way?
watching lady and the tramp :smile: haven't watched it since I was little, it reminds me of when my mum was working and Id stay with my nanny and Id watch films :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
watching lady and the tramp :smile: haven't watched it since I was little, it reminds me of when my mum was working and Id stay with my nanny and Id watch films :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Those Siamese cats give me the heebie-jeebies :afraid:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Those Siamese cats give me the heebie-jeebies :afraid:

yeah they used to scare me :hide: I feel so bad for poor Lady :frown:

also I never realised how racist the Siamese cats were till now :/

ahh I really wish I could have a puppy or even a rat or a hamster :moon:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Hope you're safe, Scary :frown:

Oops sorry, I'm such a dipstick :colondollar: :getmecoat: :sadnod:

Aww no problem :tongue::hugs:
Original post by superwolf
:hugs: Don't push yourself too much, remember your health's the most important thing. :smile:

Thank you so much, really needed to hear that :h::hugs:
I can't do this anymore
so low :cry2:
I know where my mum is hiding them

I know where they are
I know where they are
I know where they are
I know where they are
I know where they are
I know where they are
quetiapine is making me worse not better

they said I was manic on aripiprazole

I'd rather be manic than this

I'd rather be anything but this
Original post by Cinnie
I know where my mum is hiding them

I know where they are
I know where they are
I know where they are
I know where they are
I know where they are
I know where they are

Hun, try and stay safe :frown: We'd hate for anything to happen to you! :frown:
Hun, try and stay safe :frown: We'd hate for anything to happen to you! :frown:

:hugs:

Trust me i'm trying my hardest. I just don't know how long I can keep going like this. I think I should be back in hospital for my own safety but no one else thinks so because i'm not manic and beucase I so badly wanted to be out of there when I was in.
Original post by sherbet_lemons7
so low :cry2:

:console: I hope you feel better after a nice sleep :console:
Original post by Cinnie

Trust me i'm trying my hardest. I just don't know how long I can keep going like this. I think I should be back in hospital for my own safety but no one else thinks so because i'm not manic and beucase I so badly wanted to be out of there when I was in.

Could you get an emergency appointment with anyone tomorrow? It does sound like you need to be back in hospital, tbh, just for the sake of your safety :frown:
Could you get an emergency appointment with anyone tomorrow? It does sound like you need to be back in hospital, tbh, just for the sake of your safety :frown:

I'm going to tell my CPN tomorrow
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Cinnie
I'm going to tell my CPN tomorrow

Sounds like a plan! Any ideas about how to stay safe overnight? What usually helps when you are feeling like this?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Cinnie

I know its probably counter intuitive for your brain, but could you tell you mum you know where the meds are and your not feeling great??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sounds like a plan! Any ideas about how to stay safe overnight? What usually helps when you are feeling like this?

I'm listening to music and trying to chat online. I don't know what else to do.

Original post by PandaWho
I know its probably counter intuitive for your brain, but could you tell you mum you know where the meds are and your not feeling great??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would but I don't want her to know i'm thinking about doing that. I've put her through enugh as it is. That's why i'm scared of going back to hospital - cause thenI she has to know what i'm planning/thinking about doing
Original post by Cinnie
I'm listening to music and trying to chat online. I don't know what else to do.

Well those two things sound like good things to be doing :yep:

I would but I don't want her to know i'm thinking about doing that. I've put her through enugh as it is. That's why i'm scared of going back to hospital - cause thenI she has to know what i'm planning/thinking about doing

Unfortunately there's only so far we can ever protect our parents. I'm sure she'd rather know that that's how you're feeling :sadnod:
I'm worried that I am getting into some depressive/anxiety episode.

I feel rundown, sensory stimuli seems to be louder/brighter etc. and induce nausea, walking in public gives me sensory overload which makes me have a panic attack, the panic attack leaves me exhausted and feeling hopeless and then I spend the rest of the day in bed napping to recover.

I haven't managed to get an essay in for three whole weeks and as I have 2 essays a week it is becoming a bit of a problem. I spent last week back home resting with my tutor's permission but I'm back at uni now and have had 2 panic attacks, some big 'I'm overwhelmed' cries and I already feel worn out again.

I have no motivation to leave my room and am too brain fuzzy to get my work done. My mum is telling me to just get on with the work as I'll feel bad/rundown whether I do it or not. I just can't seem to do it though and my body keeps focusing on what's wrong with it.

I also have had an IBS flareup recently and am failing to eat enough as I feel nauseous all the time.

I'm not sure what to do. I'm not on antidepressants atm (Although I am on nausea tablets which are anti-psychotics and which are often prescribed as a short-term anti-anxiety med)

When I have the panic attacks I don't feel anxious I just feel overwhelmed by sensory stimuli.

Latest