The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anybody will find it hard going to Bradford on that pitch.

Can see a broken leg for an opposition player tbh.
Original post by Pete_91
As I said, Reading at home please.

Then I dont care United/Liverpool or whomever at Wembley.

That being said, I'd love a United - Arsenal final. The video montage will just be us dicking on them in the penalty shootout in 2005 when they should have won the game in normal time 6-0 :awesome:

A Manchester United vs Arsenal FA Cup final. Oh god, the feeling if your team won it... but my god if you lose it.... the thought is literally unbearable :afraid:

Original post by Lúcio
arsenal will never beat you hayles.
we'd tear you apart though :colone:

Oi behave you.. just because Mario has scored one goal now you all think your bad :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Best option tomorrow is obviously LFC vs Utd at Anfield. Second best is naturally Arsenal vs either of those at the Emirates since that is preferable to having to beat them at Wembley, and taking into account the very slim chance that one of the remaining smaller sides takes care of them for us. Utd are such an annoying team for us to play against of course. Think we'd outplay them again but the old guard of Rooney, Carrick etc just seem to have so much belief against us that they'll always fancy stealing the result. Liverpool at Wembley we'd be rightfully 4/6 favourites to progress however. Wouldn't be terrible troubles with a trip to Anfield either.

I do think we'd win the Cup though, we're the best team in the competition and we play decent k/o football these days tbh. :smile:
Can't see you retaining it tbh. Reckon you'll go hell for leather in the CL and fall short.
-Mesut Ozil looks like the player he was at Real Madrid all of a sudden
-Giroud is immense atm, would back him to score vs anyone these days and his workrate and physicality has come along hugely. Great target man.
-Walcott has gone back to 2011/12 kind of form when he needs 4 chances to score a goal, meanwhile Welbeck huffs and puffs and creates opps for others without ever looking that dangerous individually. Arguably AOC is the best out of the 3 at the moment.
-Sanchez is not fit really, but he's still worth playing atm.
-Gibbs was good today, hard to split him and Monreal really. I'd probably fancy Monreal in the bigger games myself, seems more switched on tactically.
-Gabriel looked fine but today was a doddle. Almost certainly a better individual defender than Mertesacker but the question is who can compliment Kosc? Better off with the BFG for now I'd say and he's come back into form anyway...
-Szczesny is clearly superior to Ospina as well, quite sure about that now even though Szcz will always be annoyingly unfocused.

For Monaco;

Szczesny
Chambers Mertesacker Koscielny Monreal
Cazorla Coquelin Ozil
Welbeck Giroud Sanchez
Original post by Mackay
Can't see you retaining it tbh. Reckon you'll go hell for leather in the CL and fall short.

Well the SF/Final of the FA Cup roughly coincide with those of the CL and you'd expect us to go out in the QF of the CL. Or if we draw West Brom or Reading in the SF then we hardly have too much of a headache. In any case Arsenal have a very competitive squad atm so that's no excuse at all if we fail to retain it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by hayles101
Oi behave you.. just because Mario has scored one goal now you all think your bad :tongue:
Posted from TSR Mobile

me? behave?
you must be joking :wink:

nah, balotelli looks better with a bit of confidence, but he's still nowhere near the level we need.
we're just amazibng in general - best team in the league right now.
face us if you dare :cool:
Original post by Zürich
Best option tomorrow is obviously LFC vs Utd at Anfield. Second best is naturally Arsenal vs either of those at the Emirates since that is preferable to having to beat them at Wembley, and taking into account the very slim chance that one of the remaining smaller sides takes care of them for us. Utd are such an annoying team for us to play against of course. Think we'd outplay them again but the old guard of Rooney, Carrick etc just seem to have so much belief against us that they'll always fancy stealing the result. Liverpool at Wembley we'd be rightfully 4/6 favourites to progress however. Wouldn't be terrible troubles with a trip to Anfield either.

I do think we'd win the Cup though, we're the best team in the competition and we play decent k/o football these days tbh. :smile:

you'd lose at anfield and you'd lose to united regardless.
other than that though, you'd be fine.

yes, liverpool v united would be best since we'd win at anfield and you're more likely to beat liverpool than united in general.
an away tie to you or united is a nightmare for us.

i would say you're favourites to win the cup.
he have a LOT on our plate and it's just a question of whether we can keep up fitness-wise.
Original post by sr90
Premier League football pitches these days are in immaculate condition, even the training grounds have top quality pitches. Arsenal's is probably the best in the country. You really think someone like Ozil, Sanchez or Giroud will have played on a bog like that in their recent past? It would completely nullify their ability to play their normal game as well as heavily increasing the risk of injury, whereas Bradford have dealt with it all season.

They may have been the norm in the 70s but so were leather footballs that were rock solid, uncomfortable boots with steel studs hammered in, players having a cigarette or a drink the night before and barely training for matches. You can't compare what happened then to the modern day.

At some point in their life they would have played on rough pitches like that. These aren't just professional footballers, but some of the best players in the world. A boggy pitch can absolutely not be an excuse for losing a cup tie to opposition 2 leagues lower. These are supposed to be physically robust grown men. If they find their natural game is disrupted they need to adapt and prove why they're paid so much & why they play in the Premier League.
Original post by Zürich

-Walcott has gone back to 2011/12 kind of form when he needs 4 chances to score a goal, meanwhile Welbeck huffs and puffs and creates opps for others without ever looking that dangerous individually. Arguably AOC is the best out of the 3 at the moment.

AOC is not even close to being the best out of those 3. 1 Goal and assist in 21 games is shocking.
Ox not playing is probably the reason why we're scoring so much easier now. We can keep possession much easier and counter attacks aren't disrupted, because Walcott actually run forwards instead of Ox slowing down and making a safe pass backwards, or trying to beat his man and losing the ball.
Welbeck at least offers presence in the box to lay it off for others, which he isn't too bad at.
Can anyone believe it was four years ago since:

Or in other words since Jack Wilshere began his life as a fraud.
Wilshere is the best British midfielder around today, it is just that he has a terrible injury record. Ramsey had one good season. Idiots criticisng Jack have no idea, they go on and on about the miss against United and forget that he was our best midfielder this season before his injury. He should start ahead of Ramsey.
(edited 9 years ago)
Wilshere's attitude is ****. He's trying too hard to be a hardman & he just comes across as a little jumped up Jack Russell, snapping at people's ankles. Wouldn't agree that he's the best British midfielder.
Just because he is a dickhead does not mean he is not the best midfielder.
Original post by angelfox
Can anyone believe it was four years ago since:

Or in other words since Jack Wilshere began his life as a fraud.

I can't believe how Bendtner lasted 9 years at Arsenal
I'd rather have Sterling in my team than Wilshere.
Original post by Tom_Ford
Wilshere is the best British midfielder around today, it is just that he has a terrible injury record. Ramsey had one good season. Idiots criticisng Jack have no idea, they go on and on about the miss against United and forget that he was our best midfielder this season before his injury. He should start ahead of Ramsey.

Rather have Carrick/Barry/Milner/Henderson instead of Wilshere for England.

Ramsey is better than Wilshere too.
Original post by Zerforax
Rather have Carrick/Barry/Milner/Henderson instead of Wilshere for England.

Ramsey is better than Wilshere too.

Ok cool story bro.
Still can't believe I was there that night. The atmosphere was absolutely electric, best it's been since we moved to that soulless modern stadium.
Anyone who thinks Henderson is better than Wilshere should be banned from watching football

Latest