The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

So I've been asked to think about taking part in an experimental trial using 'Avatar therapy'. I know it's a long shot since it's only in trial stages but does anyone have any experiences of this? or insights??
Original post by Cinnie
I'm listening to music and trying to chat online. I don't know what else to do.

I would but I don't want her to know i'm thinking about doing that. I've put her through enugh as it is. That's why i'm scared of going back to hospital - cause thenI she has to know what i'm planning/thinking about doing

I know your trying to pretect her hun, but im sure shed rather know so she can help you get through it, rather than be oblivious and find you in a bad way

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Squaresquirrel
So I've been asked to think about taking part in an experimental trial using 'Avatar therapy'. I know it's a long shot since it's only in trial stages but does anyone have any experiences of this? or insights??

Oh wow! I read a really interesting article about avatar therapy, from what I remember it helped everyone who did it albeit to varying degrees. That's really awesome you get to try it. (sorry this isn't helpful)
Original post by Squaresquirrel

wow I just read up on this, looks really interesting! Hopefully it helps you :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
my heart really cant take any more.
don't know what i'm doing anymore.
Always feel invisible and like everyone's in little cliques everywhere I go
Original post by lauraaaaa
Always feel invisible and like everyone's in little cliques everywhere I go

You ok? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
You ok? :s-smilie:

Yeah, just even online I feel like I'm in the background or something, idk

Don't know what to say but :hugs: And sorry if I'm kind if contributing to that, don't mean to at all :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My anxiety is in overdrive, I'm going to an event tomorrow night, I have to drive an hour in the dark, then walk on my own to the event and I'll be in there on my own and then I have to walk back to my car on my own at around 3/4am. I don't even like walking around outside during the daytime so on a night makes me even more nervous and then I have to drive back home for an hour in the middle of the night. I'm so scared 🙊

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs:
3am and im still awake :sigh: might have to wake up at 8am cos the boyfriend has to go to the drs :frown: been down today but i think thats cos its getting closer until i see my mum. Got the dietician on thursday which is truly terrifying then been summoned by my dr on friday which is also scary!! Life seems to be full of scariness atm just want to hide away if im honest!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
3am and im still awake :sigh: might have to wake up at 8am cos the boyfriend has to go to the drs :frown: been down today but i think thats cos its getting closer until i see my mum. Got the dietician on thursday which is truly terrifying then been summoned by my dr on friday which is also scary!! Life seems to be full of scariness atm just want to hide away if im honest!

Posted from TSR Mobile

you can do it! :hugs:

----------

can't sleep, feel really weird. have a lecture at 10 tomorrow. ugh i don't want to do anything except hide in my room away from everything. but i'm so behind. :s-smilie: I feel sick.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm worried that I am getting into some depressive/anxiety episode.

I feel rundown, sensory stimuli seems to be louder/brighter etc. and induce nausea, walking in public gives me sensory overload which makes me have a panic attack, the panic attack leaves me exhausted and feeling hopeless and then I spend the rest of the day in bed napping to recover.

I haven't managed to get an essay in for three whole weeks and as I have 2 essays a week it is becoming a bit of a problem. I spent last week back home resting with my tutor's permission but I'm back at uni now and have had 2 panic attacks, some big 'I'm overwhelmed' cries and I already feel worn out again.

I have no motivation to leave my room and am too brain fuzzy to get my work done. My mum is telling me to just get on with the work as I'll feel bad/rundown whether I do it or not. I just can't seem to do it though and my body keeps focusing on what's wrong with it.

I also have had an IBS flareup recently and am failing to eat enough as I feel nauseous all the time.

I'm not sure what to do. I'm not on antidepressants atm (Although I am on nausea tablets which are anti-psychotics and which are often prescribed as a short-term anti-anxiety med)

When I have the panic attacks I don't feel anxious I just feel overwhelmed by sensory stimuli.

:hugs: I'd get yourself to a doctor as soon as you can. Whatever it is it doesn't sound good, and if you can catch it early then all the better.

Just a thought, but do you think you could be physically ill with something, that's causing the sensory overload, IBS flare-up and everything? I know when I've got even a mild fever I get really painful reactions to light and noise, as well as feeling run down and all that kind of thing.
Appointment with new psychiatrist in a little bit. So currently alternating between worrying about being late and worrying about if she's horrible.
Fun fact: Cambridgeshire has a psychiatric hospital in what used to be the lunatic asylum. Not sure that sets the right tone really.

Posted from TSR Mobile.
Original post by superwolf
:hugs: I'd get yourself to a doctor as soon as you can. Whatever it is it doesn't sound good, and if you can catch it early then all the better.

Just a thought, but do you think you could be physically ill with something, that's causing the sensory overload, IBS flare-up and everything? I know when I've got even a mild fever I get really painful reactions to light and noise, as well as feeling run down and all that kind of thing.

Yeah I've been getting quite high fevers too (I get around 2-3 a month) but the doctors think that somehow that is caused by anxiety or a viral infection. They refuse to explore why I keep getting the virus.

It seems as soon as I get myself back on track with a healthy balance of food, sleep, exercise and uni work I get another 'viral infection' and end up having to start right from the beginning again.
Original post by Valvopus
Appointment with new psychiatrist in a little bit. So currently alternating between worrying about being late and worrying about if she's horrible.
Fun fact: Cambridgeshire has a psychiatric hospital in what used to be the lunatic asylum. Not sure that sets the right tone really.

Posted from TSR Mobile.

Good luck for it! :hugs:
I GOT A JOB INTERVIEW :woo: :woo: :woo:

Original post by Valvopus

Posted from TSR Mobile.

Good luck! Fun fact made me giggle. :giggle:

Original post by Anonymous
Yeah I've been getting quite high fevers too (I get around 2-3 a month) but the doctors think that somehow that is caused by anxiety or a viral infection. They refuse to explore why I keep getting the virus.

It seems as soon as I get myself back on track with a healthy balance of food, sleep, exercise and uni work I get another 'viral infection' and end up having to start right from the beginning again.

That sounds weird and unprofessional. :s-smilie: Have you seen many different doctors about it?
Original post by superwolf
I GOT A JOB INTERVIEW :woo: :woo: :woo:

:dance::bl: PRSOM!!!!

Latest