The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

The Durham College Allocation Thread (for 2015 entry)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rid
Apparently last year they came out on the 18th which was a Tuesday, so hopefully we'll start hearing by tomorrow day after

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're supposed to start allocating today- 3rd week of feb
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Universitygirl
They're supposed to start allocating today- 3rd week of feb

I guess the moment when uni website opens the booking for March visit days, means allocation started:smile:

Original post by trubadur
I guess the moment when uni website opens the booking for March visit days, means allocation started:smile:

Their website says booking for post offer open days opens 6 weeks before the open day
Original post by Universitygirl

Their website says booking for post offer open days opens 6 weeks before the open day

That deadline is passed already.Open Days start March 16, in exactly 4 weeks
Reply 84

Someone said they got email from durham saying it'll open tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rid
Someone said they got email from durham saying it'll open tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile

That means today or tomorrow allocation starts:smile:
Reply 86

Good news:smile:Those having this one and able to book can find out where they are allocated.:wink:
Reply 88
Good news:smile:Those having this one and able to book can find out where they are allocated.:wink:

I guess everyone can open the link once it goes live and find out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rid
I guess everyone can open the link once it goes live and find out

Posted from TSR Mobile

That was valid last year(I found it in another thread presenting it as a trick to find out where you are allocated before being announced:smile:).
Now, it seems you can access the link only after receiving an email from the uni(that means you are allocated).
Reply 90
That was valid last year(I found it in another thread presenting it as a trick to find out where you are allocated before being announced:smile:).
Now, it seems you can access the link only after receiving an email from the uni(that means you are allocated).

Yeah even I read it as a trick, didn't know they changed that though. Well anyway, looks like we'll hear soon enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rid
Yeah even I read it as a trick, didn't know they changed that though. Well anyway, looks like we'll hear soon enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agreed.:smile: We will find out soon, through the normal way:smile::goodluck:

which fb group is this?
I logged onto the booking page, which is here: https://www.dur.ac.uk/conference.booking/restriction/?app=1&event=424

I applied to St Chad's but it says Grey College, so I guess that's the one I've been allocated. Does anyone know anything about that one? It won't affect my decision (Durham's still my firm choice) but I was hoping for an older one.
Reply 94
I just got told I've been allocated to Collingwood! :smile:
Reply 95
I got an email from my college :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 96
I got into Grey College.. I had applied to St. Chad's though. Does anyone know what Grey is like? (formal/informal, sporty or not, large or small college, and whether rooms are en suite?)
Reply 97
Original post by rennys
I got into Grey College.. I had applied to St. Chad's though. Does anyone know what Grey is like? (formal/informal, sporty or not, large or small college, and whether rooms are en suite?)

Grey:
- Fully catered
- has formal gowned dinners
- 12% 1st year ensuite rooms
- 235 1st year rooms (8% shared rooms)
Reply 98
Just looked and I've been allocated my preference, Hatfield :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dougieowner
I logged onto the booking page, which is here: https://www.dur.ac.uk/conference.booking/restriction/?app=1&event=424

I applied to St Chad's but it says Grey College, so I guess that's the one I've been allocated. Does anyone know anything about that one? It won't affect my decision (Durham's still my firm choice) but I was hoping for an older one.

When you logged, where did you find the college info? Ive logged in but nothing, just general stuff about the open day :frown:. Greys looks pretty cool though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending