The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aenigma
Exactly same with barclays didn't really learn anything.

He should just be able to teach himself technical skills, though, tbh

What would you say were the highlights of the Barclays programme, if any?
Original post by Aenigma
Exactly same with barclays didn't really learn anything.

He should just be able to teach himself technical skills, though, tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

Learning theory from a book/website, is different from watching and experiencing it being used by professionals in the real world though.
Hi guys, have any of you heard back from RBS? My application status (post interview) says "On hold pending technical query." Is that what it says on any of your applications?
What are summer conversion rates like for the Barclays spring week?
Original post by lauramontt
Hi guys, have any of you heard back from RBS? My application status (post interview) says "On hold pending technical query." Is that what it says on any of your applications?

Yes same , I emailed HR regarding this they said the status is the same for everybody while they consider applicants.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Abdul-Karim
What would you say were the highlights of the Barclays programme, if any?

Lol, good question.

It's classroom based so you really spend a lot of time with the other candidates and you can make some good friends

Also can't imagine it's hard to convert because the post spring week interviews were very similar to the pre spring week ones

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by \/ibhav
Learning theory from a book/website, is different from watching and experiencing it being used by professionals in the real world though.

Yeah but at spring week level nobody is really going to sit down and do it with you
Some spring weeks have training days (a shortened version of what you might have at summer) and people go through it with you but it's is still theoretical. It's someone guiding you through a (Adkins machete troy, usually) manual.
It's not that you sit next to someone and watch them build a DCF and learn loads. That doesn't happen
I still had to prepare for technical interviews and I just don't are any excuse to be under-prepared

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone know what conversion at MS is like?
Original post by mrcool1995
anyone know what conversion at MS is like?

Quite low
They convert very few directly from spring, but I've heard that those spring weekers who are not converted but reapply for summer are more successful than the average applicant (which strikes me as odd...)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7489
So, I haven't heard back from Rothschild, Goldman, HSBC, and RBS are they all write offs by now?
Who to mail at GS if you want feedback of your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7491
Can someone explain to me how the fast-tracking process at the end of the spring week work. Will you be informed at the end of the spring internship that you will be fast-tracked or not? Are you being fast-tracked immediately to the assessment centre for the summer internship in the following year? If anyone has any useful information please do reply.
Original post by KiiMoZz
Yes same , I emailed HR regarding this they said the status is the same for everybody while they consider applicants.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks - this is very helpful!
...Anyone heard back from Rothschild last week?
Original post by IB Fanboy
...Anyone heard back from Rothschild last week?

Lol dude nothing for me. You still waiting? I know someone that got rejected last week. Actually don't understand what's happening anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Aussie Dude ._.
Lol dude nothing for me. You still waiting? I know something that got rejected last week. Actually don't understand what's happening anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for your reply - yes, still waiting. I know it will be a rejection for me at this point, but I want to receive any feedback regarding my interview...so I am patiently waiting for a reply.

I understand the feeling. Someone got rejected last week, though?
Thanks for your reply - yes, still waiting. I know it will be a rejection for me at this point, but I want to receive any feedback regarding my interview...so I am patiently waiting for a reply.

I understand the feeling. Someone got rejected last week, though?

Why do think it's a rejection? It seems a long time to wait to reject you mate...

Yeah someone I met at the interviews and kept in touch with got an email from them saying they would hear last week (w/c 9 Feb) about their result and they got rejected and given feedback. Did you receive that email? I didn't get that email that's why I don't understand what's happening...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why do think it's a rejection? It seems a long time to wait to reject you mate...

Yeah someone I met at the interviews and kept in touch with got an email from them saying they would hear last week (w/c 9 Feb) about their result and they got rejected and given feedback. Did you receive that email? I didn't get that email that's why I don't understand what's happening...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did receive that email regarding 9 Feb.
It could be that they give a period of time between your interview and your results. So, it could be that your interview is more recent?
Or maybe your application status changed on the careers portal?
I did receive that email regarding 9 Feb.
It could be that they give a period of time between your interview and your results. So, it could be that your interview is more recent?
Or maybe your application status changed on the careers portal?

No change in my application status and I checked my correspondence on the portal and nothing from Roths after my interview... :frown: had my int 26 February and they said they would get back to me in 2 weeks. 3 weeks now and I still don't know what's happening... Lol

Another guy I kept in touch with from the interviews didn't receive that email either...

Posted from TSR Mobile
No change in my application status and I checked my correspondence on the portal and nothing from Roths after my interview... :frown: had my int 26 February and they said they would get back to me in 2 weeks. 3 weeks now and I still don't know what's happening... Lol

Another guy I kept in touch with from the interviews didn't receive that email either...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I honestly wouldn't be too concern. The email is very brief and just explained that interviews are being conducted. We are all playing the waiting game...perhaps you could try to contact them directly.

Latest