The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just wondering, which Hadiths do the Muslims here find authentic?
Lol just saw this on facebook.

Original post by themorninglight
The Question that Made Aisha Cry

Umar and Ubay bin Umayr went to Aishah and entered her room and there was a screen between us and her. She said, " O Ubayd! What prevents you from visiting us? He said, " What the poet said, 'Visit every once in a while and you will be loved more.' Ibn Umar said, "Tell us about the most unusual thing you witnessed from the Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه و سلم.

She cried and said "All his matters were amazing. One night, he came close to me until his skin touched my skin and said, "Let me worship my Lord." I said,"By Allah I love your being close to me. I also love that you worship your Lord. He used the water-skin and performed ablution, but did not use too much water. He then stood up in prayer and cried until his beard became wet. He the prostrated and cried until he made the ground wet. He then laid down on his side and cried.
When Bilal came to alert the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم for the dawn prayer, he said:

"O Messenger of Allah! What makes you cry, while Allah has forgiven your previous and latter sins?"

He said, "O Bilal, What prevents me from crying, when this night, this Ayah was revealed to me,

"Verily! In the creation of the heavens and the earth, and in the alternation of night and day, there are indeed signs for men of understanding. [3:190]"

Woe to he who recites it and does not contemplate it."

[Marwad Az-Zaman no 139. Tafseer Ibn Katheer Vol 2.]

Jazak Allahu Khairan.

Read this in tafseer Ibn kathir but couldn't find it again.
Original post by flibber

For a sunni, we'd take any hadith the respectabls scholars of hadith deemed authentic (scholars like imam bukhari, Imam Muslim and many many more) that doesn't mean we disregard the weak ones tho :smile:
Original post by flibber

Peace be with you,

I am a muslim who follows the jafferi Madhab, or otherwise known as a 'twelver' shia. I essentially believe that there is no hadith book that we can deem as fully authentic or even majority authentic.

However, there are collections and chains of narrators i as a shia would deem more authentic. For example, Al Kafi as a pose to Bukhari. However, i check the gradings and chain for each hadith i tend to use.

The hadiths in Al Kafi are taken , when deemed authentic, from the Imams a.s , who are the ahlylbayt of Muhammed.

Names like Ali ibn Abi Talib, Hassan Ibn Ali, Hussain Ibn Ali, Ali Ibn Hussain, Muhammed Ibn Ali, Jaffer Ibn Muhammed(lived at the same time as Imam Malik and Imam Abu Hanifa) up to the twelfth Imam. We believe it was the ahlulbayt of the prophet pbuh who, by the grace of Allah swt preserved his sunnah. We narrate from the reliable companions who transmit from these individuals and the Prophet pbuh.

I do take from Bukhari, Muslim, or any of the sihah al sitta after inspecting individual hadith.

You see, after the death of Muhammed pbuh, fastforwarding time you get many schools in Islam, each trying to have their own say, view and interpretation. There was quite a large period of confusion in this time, before you then get many dying out and leaving behind two major madhabs seen today.
(edited 9 years ago)
جاء في كتاب رجال "الكشي ص 225 " قول جعفر بن محمد الصادق : ( فو الله ما نحن إلا عبيد الذي خلقنا واصطفانا ، وما نقدر على ضر ولا نفع ، وإن رُحمنا فبرحمته ، وإن عُذبنا فبذنوبنا ، والله مالنا على الله حجة ولا معنا من براءة ، وإنا لميتون ومقبورون ومنشورون ومبعوثون وموقوفون ومسؤولون ، ويلهم مالهم لعنهم الله فقد آذوا الله وآذوا رسوله في قبره وأمير المؤمنين وفاطمة والحسن والحسين وعلي بن الحسين ومحمد بن علي صلوات الله أشهدكم أني امرؤ ولدني رسول الله وما معي براءة من الله إن أطعته رحمني وإن عصيته عذبني عذابا شديدا

It has been reported in Rijal Kashi (Page 225) that Imam Ja'far al Sadiq said: "By Allah! We are not but slaves of the one who created us and chose us, and we do not have control over (any) harm or benefit, and if we are shown mercy so it is by His rahmah (mercy/grace), and if we are punished then it is due to our own sins, by Allah we do not have a hujjah (overwhelming argument) upon Allah (to hold Him obliged) and no means of prevention from His turning (His mercy) away, and indeed we will definitely die, be buried, be gathered/spread out (on qiyamah), resurrected, raised and questioned. Torment/disaster be for them! What is wrong with them?! Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì's la'nah (damnation) be on them! (i.e. on those who claim otherwise) They have certainly hurt (angered) Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì, His prophet in his grave, Ali, Fatima, Hasan, Hussain, Zainul Abideen and al Baqir. Be witness you people that I have ordered my progeny of the prophet(pbuh), and none is with me (to protect) from bar'ah (dissociation) of Allah. If I obey Him then He will bless me and if I disobey Him then He will severely punish me."

Shaykh Mufeed(one of the greatest shia scholars) said:

And I say that the messengers from humanity of Allah, be He exalted, and His prophets and the Imams from his khulafa are contingent created beings, afflictions are attached to them and pleasures occur for them, their bodies are made to grow by food and decreased by the passing of time, death is put (?) for them, and passing away is permitted upon them. And the consensus of the people of tawhid is upon this doctrine.And those belonging to (the heresy of) tafwid (those who believe Allah created the Imams and then delegated the ruling of creation and giving sustenance to the universe to them) and the categories of the ghulat (the exaggerators of the status of the Imams) have opposed us in it.

دثنا محمد بن علي ماجيلويه ره قال حدثنا علي بن إبراهيم بن هاشم عن أبيه عن ياسر الخادم قال قلت للرضا ع ما تقول في التفويض فقال إن الله تبارك و تعالى فوض إلى نبيه ص أمر دينه فقال ما آتاكُمُ الرَّسُولُ فَخُذُوهُ وَ ما نَهاكُمْ عَنْهُ فَانْتَهُوا فأما الخلق و الرزق فلا ثم قال ع إن الله عز و جل يقول اللَّهُ خالِقُ كُلِّ شَيْ‏ءٍ و هو يقول اللَّهُ الَّذِي خَلَقَكُمْ ثُمَّ رَزَقَكُمْ ثُمَّ يُمِيتُكُمْ ثُمَّ يُحْيِيكُمْ هَلْ مِنْ شُرَكائِكُمْ مَنْ يَفْعَلُ مِنْ ذلِكُمْ مِنْ شَيْ‏ءٍ سُبْحانَهُ وَ تَعالى‏ عَمَّا يُشْرِكُونَ‏

From Yāsir, the servant, said, I said to al-Riḍā (عليه السلام),
‘What do you say about
al-Tafwīd?’ And he (عليه السلام) said: ‘Allāh (تبارك و تعالى), delegated (fawwaḍa) to His prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) affairs of His religion’, and He said: “Take whatever the Messenger gives to you, and deny for yourself whatever he prohibits” (59:7).

As for (delegating) the creation and sustenance, then No! He (عليه السلام) said: ‘Allāh (عَزَّ وَ جَلَّ) says “Allāh is the creator of all things’ (3:16) and He says “It is Allāh, He has created you, then He has given you sustenance, then He has made you die, then He has brought you back to life, are there any of your partners who can does of that any of these things?
Glory be to Allāh, and High is He from the partners (they attribute)” (30:40)
Source:
al-Sadooq(another one of the great shia scholars narrating a hadith from an Imam a.s) `Uyoon al-Akhbaar, vol. 2, ch. 46, pg. 202-203, hadeeth # 3
That moment in life when you read a book on sins, or you listen to a lecture on hell, or you contemplate the torment of the grave, and you think...it is official. I'm done. Done.
Can't match a single thing the sahabah did. Don't posses a tenth of the knowledge scholars had. Hardly have kushoo in salah. Salah. The greatest act of worship. Are we even worthy of mercy? SubhanAllah. May Allah forgive us all.
Ibn Abi al-Dunya records that Wahb ibn Munabbih said, 'A servant worshipped Allah for fifty years. Allah inspired him with the words, "I have forgiven you." The servant asked, "Lord, what have You to forgive, I have committed no sin!" Thereupon Allah ordered a vein in his neck to throb painfully such that he could not pray or sleep. After a while it was cured and an angel came to him, and to him he complained about the vein. The angel said to him, "Your Lord, Mighty and Magnificent says: your worship for the last fifty years equates to the soothing of that vein."'

Ya Allah! :cry2:
Original post by Tawheed
X

Great posts :yy::yy:
Jazaak Allah khaayr for sharing..
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
Lol just saw this on facebook.

Lol. I feel like this all the time.
http://www.al-islam.org/slavery-from-islamic-and-christian-perspective-sayyid-akhtar-rizvi/islam-attacks-slavery

Islam recognises no distinction of race or colour, black or white, citizens or soldiers, rulers or subjects; they are perfectly equal, not in theory only, but in practice. The first mu'azzin (herald of the prayer call) of Islam, a devoted adherent of the Prophet and an esteemed disciple, was a Negro slave. The Qur'an lays down the measure of superiority in verse thirteen of chapter forty-nine. It is addressed to mankind, the whole human race, and preaches the natural brotherhood of man without distinction of tribe, clan, race or colour. It says:

O you men! We have created you of a male and a female, and then We made you (into different) races and tribes so that you may know (and recognise) each other. Surely the most honourable of you with Allah is the one who is most pious among you; surely Allah is All-Knowing and Aware.(49:13)

This verse makes clear the view point of Islam as regards human life on earth. It lays down only one criterion of superiority or honour and that is piety, which means complete obedience to the will of God. It annihilates all man-made and artificial distinctions of race and colour which we find all over the world even now. To explain the qualities of piety, let us note what Allah says:

It is not righteousness that you turn your faces towards the East and the West, righteousness is this that one should believe in Allah, the Last Day, the angels, the Book and the Prophets, and give away wealth out of love for Him to the near of kin, the orphans, the needy, the wayfarer, the beggars and to those in bondage and keep up prayers, pay the poor-rate; and those who fulfil their promise and the patient ones in distress and affliction and in the time of war - these are they who are the truthful and these are they who are pious. (The Qur'an 2:177)

This verse clearly shows that by itself there is no specific virtue in turning towards any particular direction for prayer. (The unity of the Qiblah indicates the unity of faith which leads to spiritual unity and culminates in physical harmony.) The belief and practice enjoined in the verse are the real virtues, and apart from being ordered by God, they appeal to human reasoning. Please mark that to give away wealth out of love for God to...those in bondage is one of them.
To give non-muslims here, who may be well read or not well read, and even muslims of the like a simple picture of why i am so amazed by Muhammed pbuh, i want to write a short summary(relatively short).

You see, if we look at it from a non-muslim point of view, Muhammed pbuh is either one of the most succesfull liers of all time, or the greatest man who has ever existed.

Let us examine his life, and try to dissect his psychology, if we can. He lived for fourty years before publicly declaring his prophethood. We know historically he was known as truthful and trustworthy. We know he was never formally taught how to read and write. We also know that even if an illiterate man(or untaught man) could procure the skill of poetry, Muhammed pbuh had never shown this priority to his Prophethood. It seems strange to not practice such a sublime and unsurpassed style of arbaic, or even to train it, and then suddenly come out with the Quran. Even his own hadith and words are very different from the style of the Quran.

Then we come into his spreading of the message. He had to flee his home town and his few followers fled with him. In fact, he was offered money, wealth women and children to stop preaching, as his words harmed the economy and position of the idolators in makkah (who garnered wealth from their beliefs and practices). Now, why would a man whose aim was material gain, lust, women, not accept these things?

Let us look into his marriage. He stayed for the better part of his youth, from age 25 -49/50. So twenty four years with an older woman. Basically, he spent most of his youth in a monogomous marriage, before marrying old women, widows, ofcourse Aisha, mainly for the safety of women, or for political reasons, still with the consent of women. Not only does he forsake the prospect of women when given the chance, he lives a monogomous life with one woman before marrying widows, old women etc when he is the most desirable man on the planet, the leader of such a vast nation and whose obedience and command is like none we have ever seen.

So he Flee's to Madina.Why on earth would someone who is not after wealth, women, money, or power, flee? Why hold onto such a belief? Perhaps then, Muhammed pbuh was a lier who just wanted the best for humanity, and saw his lie as something which could help humanity, because there is absolutely no way he did this for his own gain.

So let us examine that claim.

Well, Muhammed pbuh seemed to know the christian and jewish scriptures better than they did themselves. Not only that, he even corrected it. He alerted them to the errors and changes in their books - which we know is a historical fact. He taught Jesus pbuh as a prophet of God, something you see strong traces of in the bible and which make far, far, more sense. He does not take from the quite immoral stories in the bible, nor the scientific errors , nor the contradictions there. He seems to have sublime knowledge, both historical, political, social, scriptural. He teaches it is illogical to say someone came to 'die' for your sins or they are the 'son' of God. Rather, Jesus pbuh was a good man, born of virgin birth via miracle, a prophet of God, coming to guide us and equip a localized population whom God sent him to , in order that man may use the facets of their free will and intellect in conjunction with the tools of revelation to shape their own destiny, and that man is accountable for their own deeds, without forgoing that God is still very merciful. I could write a whole thesis about this, volumes upon volumes. Whenever i read the stories of the prophets in the Quran, it is as if i am getting a literal no-nonsense account, which gives me profound morals and lessons. It is like eye-witness accounts. The way King and Pharoh are separated, the way Pharoh's helper Haman (which we could only recently heirogphilically decode) matched the task of what 'Haman' translates to. etc

The Quran does not deem Prophets to commit evil indecent acts. What genius would realize it makes far more sense for Prophets of God to be the best of men, those who are pure in their hearts, those whom God uses to guide others - so they can not be within their own selves flawed. Clearly, The Quran vs the bible account on many prophets is stark.

I have touched on this before, but we come onto the language of the Quran. The challenge to the master linguisits was to produce a Surah like it, not in subjective quality, but in power of expression, in linguistic features and structures. Muhammed pbuh was never formally taught how to read or write, and his own hadith do not match the Qurans words, and in addition, we never see him training in poetry, engaging in it, or being famed for it prior to his prophethood. He revealed the messages over 23 years, yet the Quran is considered the peak of the arabic language, one of the most sublime and arguably unreachable texts.

There is a lot more for me to add and say, more pertinent points which i may add in another post in the future.
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger صلى الله عليه وسلم as saying:
He who called (people) to righteousness, there would be reward (assured) for him like the rewards of those who adhered to it, without their rewards being diminished in any respect. And he who called (people) to error, he shall have to carry (the burden) of its sin, like those who committed it, without their sins being diminished in any respect.

عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ " مَنْ دَعَا إِلَى هُدًى كَانَ لَهُ مِنَ الأَجْرِ مِثْلُ أُجُورِ مَنْ تَبِعَهُ لاَ يَنْقُصُ ذَلِكَ مِنْ أُجُورِهِمْ شَيْئًا وَمَنْ دَعَا إِلَى ضَلاَلَةٍ كَانَ عَلَيْهِ مِنَ الإِثْمِ مِثْلُ
آثَامِ مَنْ تَبِعَهُ لاَ يَنْقُصُ ذَلِكَ مِنْ آثَامِهِمْ شَيْئًا
Original post by flibber

Narrations that fulfil the criteria of authenticity. :smile:
[video="youtube;i7jY1UUNvbo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7jY1UUNvbo[/video]
''No father can give his child anything better than good manners''.(Tirmidhi)
''The finest act of goodness is that a person should treat kindly the loved ones of his father''. (Muslim)
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending