The Student Room Group

Exeter medical school applicants 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Muhaha_6
Thank youu!

Ohhh I see, do they do this every year? They seem a little unorganized tbh :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, most years they've had it pretty much wrapped up by the end of January and then there were a few more interviews and a waiting list for the final offers!

I wouldn't say it's disorganisation, I think it's perhaps that as they interviewed fewer people this year initially maybe there were not enough interviews of a sufficient standard to fill out the offers and now they are just making sure they get the best overall candidates!

Anyways good luck with your interview, hopefully everything works out :smile:
I haven't been watching this thread ever since I got rejected (sometime during the last week of Jan) so I don't know what's going on atm but they reconsidered my application and have given me an interview for the 18th of March... They said that if I do well, I'll be put on the reserve list so that if they have any spaces left in August, then they offer me a place. Did anyone else get this email? I thought all interviews would be done by Feb..? :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got this too! Unfortunately I'm leaving to go traveling today but good luck for your interview!
Original post by Dr. Django
No, most years they've had it pretty much wrapped up by the end of January and then there were a few more interviews and a waiting list for the final offers!

I wouldn't say it's disorganisation, I think it's perhaps that as they interviewed fewer people this year initially maybe there were not enough interviews of a sufficient standard to fill out the offers and now they are just making sure they get the best overall candidates!

Anyways good luck with your interview, hopefully everything works out :smile:

Thanks again, hopefully you will get your offer soon :smile:

Original post by Capalmer
I got this too! Unfortunately I'm leaving to go traveling today but good luck for your interview!

Thank you! And have fun wherever your going :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I haven't been watching this thread ever since I got rejected (sometime during the last week of Jan) so I don't know what's going on atm but they reconsidered my application and have given me an interview for the 18th of March... They said that if I do well, I'll be put on the reserve list so that if they have any spaces left in August, then they offer me a place. Did anyone else get this email? I thought all interviews would be done by Feb..? :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got this email as well, don't really know what to think. I'm a bit confused really, I'm assuming that if we go to interview, we won't be given offers or rejections until the summer?! However I have an unconditional for med from leicester, do they expect me to reject that offer and wait another SIX months for a yes or now from exeter. Admissions from exeter had been a mess imo, their selection process for interview is bizarre and flawed to say the least. Based on the email they seem to be aware of this as they don't think they're gonna fill all their places come september??
i wa initially rejected by exeter but they reviewed my application and I have a reserve interview on the 19th March. while this is anything but guaranteed success, it is some hope at least so pretty pleased about this :smile:
Original post by JudgeJudy96
Got this email as well, don't really know what to think. I'm a bit confused really, I'm assuming that if we go to interview, we won't be given offers or rejections until the summer?! However I have an unconditional for med from leicester, do they expect me to reject that offer and wait another SIX months for a yes or now from exeter. Admissions from exeter had been a mess imo, their selection process for interview is bizarre and flawed to say the least. Based on the email they seem to be aware of this as they don't think they're gonna fill all their places come september??

That's what I thought as well..oh well at least we got an interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you have an unconditional for medicine then I would take it and run.

Ain't nobody got time for maybes when you already have it guaranteed! Leicester is quality as well (had an offer last year)!

I think the email is aimed more at people who have no offers but get the/have the grades, but obviously they don't actually know who has offers yet :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Also, If they're worried about not having enough peeps I'm more than happy to take one for the team and have an offer :tongue:
Hey well this is an interesting development. I've been rejected preinterview too in late Jan some time. Here's hoping they review my application too :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
what's the standard offer that exeter have given out?
Original post by adershsaravanaa

A*AA seems to be common
Original post by adershsaravanaa

I believe someone posted on here a while ago saying that the standard offer is A*AA, although there have also been quite a few contextual offers of AAA being made :smile:
If you have an unconditional for medicine then I would take it and run.

Ain't nobody got time for maybes when you already have it guaranteed! Leicester is quality as well (had an offer last year)!

I think the email is aimed more at people who have no offers but get the/have the grades, but obviously they don't actually know who has offers yet :smile:

Yeah true, I'll probs withdraw from exeter tbh, bit disappointed but nothing I can do lol. So relieved I have Leicester otherwise id be ****ting myself right about now haha. Good luck with your application, hopefully you'll get an offer soon!!!!!:biggrin:
Yeah true, I'll probs withdraw from exeter tbh, bit disappointed but nothing I can do lol. So relieved I have Leicester otherwise id be ****ting myself right about now haha. Good luck with your application, hopefully you'll get an offer soon!!!!!:biggrin:

Up to you of course but I'd never turn down an unconditional! You'll love Leicester if that's where you go, course is fantastic and the whole med school just has a friendly vibe :smile:

Thanks, I hope so too :tongue:
Reply 1774
Original post by Dr Gin
A*AA seems to be common

Out of interest, can the A* be in any subject or does it have to be Bio/Chem?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kjfr

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, for my daughter's offer it can be another subject; hers would be art!
Original post by kjfr

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same as Dr. gin, I don't have an offer but I was told that my A* in history is fine for the a* requirement
JUST GOT AN OFFER!!!!

Cannot believe it, was so sure I was gonna be rejected after most others heard last month!

Good luck to everyone left to hear, there is very much still a chance for you all :smile:
JUST GOT AN OFFER!!!!

Cannot believe it, was so sure I was gonna be rejected after most others heard last month!

Good luck to everyone left to hear, there is very much still a chance for you all :smile:

About time, congrats! :tongue:
JUST GOT AN OFFER!!!!

YAY! So glad to hear that, well done!!!! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending